Tevin Mack (Committed to Texas) | Page 58 | The Boneyard

Tevin Mack (Committed to Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Did I miss the part where he asked him about VCU?

He started by saying he was "originally committed to VCU," but I didn't hear any other discussion.

To me, that just seems like a polite way of not discussing the issue because it's not wrong but it also doesn't answer any questions.

Reaction Score
6709860579147776_zpsraaxhtfm.jpg

Mr. Mack made a curious follow yesterday. Crazy Fan interpretation: we're in his head. He's thinking about us again. KO owns some real estate in his brain. Rational person interpretation: Stop analyzing what a kid does on twitter, it means absolutely nothing.

Reaction Score
6709860579147776_zpsraaxhtfm.jpg

Mr. Mack made a curious follow yesterday. Crazy Fan interpretation: we're in his head. He's thinking about us again. KO owns some real estate in his brain. Rational person interpretation: Stop analyzing what a kid does on twitter, it means absolutely nothing.

His recent background on his twitter profile is Kevin Durant. The Kevin Ollie and Kevin Durant relationship, I think we are on to something here. :eek:

Reaction Score
Kevin Durant also went to Texas...which is where Shaka Smart coaches basketball.

If Mack has seen the Grantland interview where Durant talks about how Ollie changed the whole culture in Oklahoma City you would think that would be enough to lock him up.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
Kevin Durant also went to Texas...which is where Shaka Smart coaches basketball.
hahaha backfired - grasping at straws here. If he is indeed a huge KD fan then playing at KD's alma mater will hold more weight than KO's connection to him

Reaction Score
I bet he ends up at Texas. He made it clear that Shaka Smart is the reason he committed to VCU in the first place. Now he'll follow him to Texas. But don't give up Ollie. As @Yankees32123 said, get on the phone. Make the best effort possible to bring him to Storrs. If he chooses to go elsewhere we should at least be able to say we gave it all we had.

Reaction Score
I think it's more likely he stays local. Given the schools he was interested in, it's entirely possible he's not looking to move out west.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Meh, if he goes to Texas it certainly helps us with Brown. UT will have brought in 3 wings this year (Roach, Davis & Mack), which probably rules them out of the hunt for SG/SF talent next season.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
At this point, I'd have to guess Clemson. Out of the final schools he was considering, they have the best combination of being close to home and offering immediate PT (he could probably start at SG from day 1 there).

Reaction Score
Don't think we'll be involved, but I'd love to be wrong.

Why wouldn't we be involved? We were heavily involved before, and it's not like we no longer have a need for him.

Reaction Score
Staff seems to think they add a four and bank two schollies. I wish they were grinding a little harder.

I don't understand how a knock down outside shooter isnt a glaring need!
If they thought he was a viable option at SF a couple months back, I would think they'd feel that way today. It's a long shot that Hamilton will be around for more than a year, so having his potential replacement on the roster next year is ideal.

But I've been mystified at the staff's recruiting strategy all year, so it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't get involved.

Reaction Score
If they thought he was a viable option at SF a couple months back, I would think they'd feel that way today. It's a long shot that Hamilton will be around for more than a year, so having his potential replacement on the roster next year is ideal.

But I've been mystified at the staff's recruiting strategy all year, so it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't get involved.
You call what's been going on a recruiting strategy ? lol. JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog