Tevin Mack (Committed to Texas) | The Boneyard

Tevin Mack (Committed to Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
@30piecemack: I've just been offered the uconn huskies! They are the last school I'm accepting my list is officially closed!

Looks like he's a SG/SF and about top 50-75 in his class.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
From South Carolina. 247 composite has him ranked as 66th. Considered a UGA lean. He has 4 officials set up to UGA, VCU, Clemson, and South Carolina.

caw

Reaction Score
That's an interesting add, wonder if this is bc Chris Clarkes visit didn't go as well as planned...

Reaction Score
Hearing it is looking that way Mau. If Clarke announces a visit to ISU and/or VTech - we whiffed. This offers seems to be pointing in that direction.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
Hearing it is looking that way Mau. If Clarke announces a visit to ISU and/or VTech - we whiffed. This offers seems to be pointing in that direction.

We still in running for D.Jones?

Reaction Score

Thanks.....that sucks though. Was hoping he was the guy.....seems the hope was he didn't walk out of Storrs without a verbal huh? Too bad......

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
From the few things I have seen on Mack, I like. Reminds me of a Jeremy Lamb type player. Smooth pull up jumper and also can utilize that floater in the lane. But honestly no one beats Jermey Lamb's floater. Keep it up Ollie!

caw

Reaction Score
Bingo

Darn, was just a guess on my part, I'm a big fan of CC, hoped I was wrong. Of course not going as well as planned doesn't always mean "out of it"

Mack is an interesting player. VCU is pretty high on him, wonder why hadn't offered before? Georgia hasn't been good to UConn this year in recruiting, maybe that will change.

Reaction Score
Does remind me a lil of jlamb. 6'6 and terriffic touch/shooter. his shooting ablity makes me favor him over CC

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Does remind me a lil of jlamb. 6'6 and terriffic touch/shooter. his shooting ablity makes me favor him over CC

Yes, very nice shooting touch. A strange video for someone his size to not have a single dunk in a highlight video.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
That's an interesting add, wonder if this is bc Chris Clarkes visit didn't go as well as planned...
Bingo

More of a football board guy so excuse me if this is a stupid question, but what does "didn't go as well as planned" mean? He didn't commit? He didn't like the campus or his potential teammates? I know there are a ton of variables but I'm wondering what constitutes a visit not going as planned.

Reaction Score
would be shocked if we got him this late into his recruitment, but hey stranger things have happened

caw

Reaction Score
More of a football board guy so excuse me if this is a stupid question, but what does "didn't go as well as planned" mean? He didn't commit? He didn't like the campus or his potential teammates? I know there are a ton of variables but I'm wondering what constitutes a visit not going as planned.

From my understanding, the staff was hoping for a verbal, but second-hand source. Obviously that didn't happen. Like I said, I was only making a guess. For example, with Baptiste, I don't think they were looking for a commit on the spot, but delaying until Stone had decided (also didn't go as planned).

With Borges saying Enoch would commit early this weekend (honestly I wish he hadn't said it), I'm a tad nervous on that front also. Very odd if Enoch doesn't verbal (and honestly a bit concerning).

Reaction Score
From my understanding, the staff was hoping for a verbal, but second-hand source. Obviously that didn't happen. Like I said, I was only making a guess. For example, with Baptiste, I don't think they were looking for a commit on the spot, but delaying until Stone had decided (also didn't go as planned).

With Borges saying Enoch would commit early this weekend (honestly I wish he hadn't said it), I'm a tad nervous on that front also. Very odd if Enoch doesn't verbal (and honestly a bit concerning).
yeah borges popped out the abyss to make that declaration. if hes wrong , there might a thread dedicated to the pure inanity of his reporting...by monday morning.

Reaction Score
Bingo

I still don't get how you can screw up an official visit. KO is the man. Clarke has to love him. We just won the national championship. Have a brand new basketball facility; best in the nation. And the kids only other big offers are Auburn and Va Tech.

How do we screw that up? Or how can it not go well??? It makes no sense.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I still don't get how you can screw up an official visit. KO is the man. Clarke has to love him. We just won the national championship. Have a brand new basketball facility; best in the nation. And the kids only other big offers are Auburn and Va Tech.

Those schools can guarantee immediate playing time. We can't/won't/shouldn't.

caw

Reaction Score

VaTech also is a "hometown" team that has been on him for a long time, from what I recall in my current drunken haze.

Reaction Score
Not sure why you guys are so quick to believe Zionn after the stuff he posted about Jalen Adams after Eric Davis was offered, credibility is hella shaky

Reaction Score
Not sure why you guys are so quick to believe Zionn after the stuff he posted about Jalen Adams after Eric Davis was offered, credibility is hella shaky

Zionn is a respected poster and people make mistakes but I don't think that if his visit went so poorly, the staff would have went to go see him a few days later. I think maybe it went bad in that he didn't verbal but I can't imagine something happening that turned him off to UCONN, which is kinda how I read it.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Does concern me to have this late offer just when it looked like things were shaping up. Maybe it is to put pressure on Clarke?
From Mack's point of view, we are clearly the best offer he received. We may be late, but we're great. Minimally, he can tell his grandchildren he was offered a scholarship by UCONN.

Reaction Score
Thanks Ace. How can one be off when discussing something as fluid as recruiting? ; )

My 'shaky' Davis post......

RE: Ville offer

going on record of ssaying this is not a good development. Will be a dog fight down till the end for Mr. Adams (Hence the E. Davis offer).

Not exactly sure you would call that misinformation. Same scenario here in making a late offer as a contingency plan to force the issue. Worked with Adams, but we'll see with Clarke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom