Tennessee @ TAMU | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Tennessee @ TAMU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It is pitiful. Just plain pitiful. Pathetic. I am way past being able to derive any degree of schadenfreude out of this debacle. The LV program is on life support and damned close to flat-lining. It is beyond awful. A rudderless ship with its sails flapping and its captain helpless. Worse even than Duke.
Not me - full schadenfreude mode here. Love it!

Reaction Score
That presser was beyond lame. She actually said " I feel good about the game" Can anyone imagine Pat saying that after her team lost a game where they were leading by 11 with 3 minutes to go? I guess she feels good about the fact that they only have 9 loses.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I think she prolly feels good about the fact that she has a 665k contract through 2019 and that if they do dump her she will get a million plus buyout.

Reaction Score
That was truly pathetic. ...She truly seems not to have a ghost of a clue as to what is actually going on or what she might be able to do about it.
She sounds soooo lost! Seeming to have no idea of how to correct the deficiencies of her team's approach. Her responses give the impression that the players are the ones making the decisions out there ...not the coaches! Talk about a complete 180 from the Summitt years!

Reaction Score
Cool tie.

Blair is so enjoyable to listen to. Southern gentleman. Very genuine. Good guy.
"I kept telling them, 'You just make it fast and ugly", and when we finally got it to 5 I knew we had a chance."

"You saw a good ball game. I appreciate the people that were here, and for the 300 people that left - 'cuz I was watching them go up the aisles... I hope they got to their car and turned around a came back in to see one of the greatest comebacks we've ever had."

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I only saw a smidgeon the game (skiing at Alpine Meadows on a Bluebird day takes precedence).
Waiting 'til after tomorrow to enjoy the replay.

But I understand that Courtney Dunbar hit a bunch of 3's that opened up the game for UYTenn early
And then was nowhere to be found...at least not on the court.

Someone should ask Holly about that.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I think she prolly feels good about the fact that she has a 665k contract through 2019 and that if they do dump her she will get a million plus buyout.

I'd feel pretty good about that.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
That presser was beyond lame. She actually said " I feel good about the game" Can anyone imagine Pat saying that after her team lost a game where they were leading by 11 with 3 minutes to go? I guess she feels good about the fact that they only have 9 loses.

I understood her comment differently than you after watching the presser. I think she meant she felt good about the game up to point where they totally lost it in the last three minutes. Up 11 with 3 minutes to go: I'd feel good at that point in time, too.

Just watching her body language, I see a woman who is totally unhappy and holding back emotions - holding her arms, twitching, scratching herself - this is not someone who felt good about the game at the end.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Cool tie.

Blair is so enjoyable to listen to. Southern gentleman. Very genuine. Good guy.

I sit about 10 feet from the opposing head coach and he is one of the few I rarely harass because he's so nice. He's very good with X's and O's, too. As a fan, though, I like my coaches to have a more visible fire. Of course, with Will Muschamp, Frank Martin and Dawn Staley, I better like that, lol l.

Reaction Score
I was watching the game up to the time TN had a double digit lead in the 3rd period and knowing what a jinx I am I went up to my computer to give TXam a chance to come back. About twenty minutes later I came back downstairs just when they were down 2 and I went back upstairs! I said on the BONEYARD a week ago to beat TN just stay close for 3 periods and wait for TN to implode in the 4th period and they didn't disappoint me!
TN is the exact opposite of UCONN, TN does not have a game plan for offense & defense, their players have no guts to fight for 4 periods, 5 players play individual ball not together, the players run the team not the coaching staff, when the going gets tough the players are warming up the bus!
I felt that I did my part for TXam by leaving the TV room and give them a chance to come back!

cabbie191

Reaction Score
I only saw a smidgeon the game (skiing at Alpine Meadows on a Bluebird day takes precedence).

But I understand that Courtney Dunbar hit a bunch of 3's that opened up the game for UYTenn early

Holly was asked about Dunbar. Her response was two part. (These are paraphrased, rather roughly!) 1) We were up by 11 and I wanted to keep the bigs in to control the boards, and I didn't see the need to have her in to extend their defense. 2) I probably should have brought her in earlier.

IMO, if Dunbar was shooting well from the outside and I had a substantial lead in the 3rd, I bring her back to bury the Aggies so that there was no chance of a comeback. Holly's statement seems to me to lend credence with an indictment of Holly's coaching (and the team's play) as found on VolNation - when up in a game, Tennessee seems to go into a shell and plays to not lose, rather than to win.

cabbie191

Reaction Score
I was watching the game up to the time TN had a double digit lead in the 3rd period and knowing what a jinx I am I went up to my computer to give TXam a chance to come back. About twenty minutes later I came back downstairs just when they were down 2 and I went back upstairs! I said on the BONEYARD a week ago to beat TN just stay close for 3 periods and wait for TN to implode in the 4th period and they didn't disappoint me!
TN is the exact opposite of UCONN, TN does not have a game plan for offense & defense, their players have no guts to fight for 4 periods, 5 players play individual ball not together, the players run the team not the coaching staff, when the going gets tough the players are warming up the bus!
I felt that I did my part for TXam by leaving the TV room and give them a chance to come back!

Thanks for your contribution and sacrifice to the Aggies win! It's greatly appreciated! :)

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
As quoted by a Lady Vol's fan:

"I know that I should have put Courtney back in, I just didn't."

Reaction Score
She sure looks OK now. The thing that struck me was that whatever she did it must have scared her more than anything. She wasn't sure what she felt. And an ULTRA CLASSY move by Holly Warlick being the first one on the court to comfort her before TAMU staff got there.

This really struck me as something an assistant coach or trainer would do. It was the humane thing to do but says a lot about how the woman sees herself on the sideline.

Reaction Score

They actually did ask her at the post-game presser. Her response was that she felt they didn't need Dunbar in the game in the second half because they were able to get good looks at the basket w/o her. HW went on to say that the ONLY reason they put her in the game was to shoot the three and open things up...and they didn't need it to be opened up anymore in the second half. She was asked about this about three times, in different ways, though cordially, by the same guy. In the end, she basically said more than once ...maybe I should have put her back in. Warlick just doesn't seem in control.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Lost in the TN misery of this game was the poor play and worse attitude of Courtney Williams of TA&M. Courtney shot 0 for 7 and with each miss she displayed less and less visible effort on the defensive end of the floor finally fouling out in two consecutive fouls 5 seconds apart when her team was in the middle of a come back. Even worse after Jordan Jones was lying on the floor hurt, the entire stadium and her teammates hushed with concern Courtney Williams can be seen on the sideline laughing. I used to be a fan of Courtney Williams.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
They actually did ask her at the post-game presser. Her response was that she felt they didn't need Dunbar in the game in the second half because they were able to get good looks at the basket w/o her. HW went on to say that the ONLY reason they put her in the game was to shoot the three and open things up...and they didn't need it to be opened up anymore in the second half. She was asked about this about three times, in different ways, though cordially, by the same guy. In the end, she basically said more than once ...maybe I should have put her back in. Warlick just doesn't seem in control.

I think its more Holly just doesn't know what to do. I would assume UT studies tapes of its opponents, scouts opponents and develops some sort of game plan. You play to your strengths and exploit your opponents weaknesses.

Games are like a chess match. You move your pieces on the board to get the advantage and keep it. Some call it situational substitution/ match ups. You have to know what your players are capable of and when to use them. Dunbar was wide open in the first half and didn't miss. A&M didn't come out to defend her. You keep using that piece until until it doesn't work.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

I think its more Holly just doesn't know what to do.
You have to know what your players are capable of and when to use them. Dunbar was wide open in the first half and didn't miss. A&M didn't come out to defend her. You keep using that piece until until it doesn't work.
The decision to not use Dunbar in the last 4 minutes of the game was defendable IMO because Dunbar is a poor defender. With 4 minutes to go in the game UT was up by 11. At that point you need to keep scoring but you also need to defend. UT did neither. UT had 4 players (Carter, Nared, Reynolds, Russell) who committed fouls in the last 4 minutes of the game which resulted in a turn over or foul shots for TA&M.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Lost in the TN misery of this game was the poor play and worse attitude of Courtney Williams of TA&M. Courtney shot 0 for 7 and with each miss she displayed less and less visible effort on the defensive end of the floor finally fouling out in two consecutive fouls 5 seconds apart when her team was in the middle of a come back. Even worse after Jordan Jones was lying on the floor hurt, the entire stadium and her teammates hushed with concern Courtney Williams can be seen on the sideline laughing. I used to be a fan of Courtney Williams.
I saw her sitting on the bench and she looked unconcerned. I wonder where her head was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom