Tennessee @ TAMU | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tennessee @ TAMU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
LV's get outscored 36-17 in the 4th quarter and OT and lose to TAM. After watching the game
I can't believe they lost this game. TAM couldn't make a layup in the 3rd quarter and the LV's
took an 11 point lead into the final quarter and blew the game.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
It is pitiful. Just plain pitiful. Pathetic. I am way past being able to derive any degree of schadenfreude out of this debacle. The LV program is on life support and damned close to flat-lining. It is beyond awful. A rudderless ship with its sails flapping and its captain helpless. Worse even than Duke.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Bad Loss for the Lady Vols. They had this game won until they only scored 2 points in last 4:46 of Regulation Time. Don't see how the Lady Vols stay in both Top 25 Polls. Margo's video should be interesting as this was a WINNABLE game. With a win they were back on the bubble to host tournament games. Don't see how it happens now unless they beat So. Carolina.

I actually made a post saying A&M wasn't going to come back to win this game and I don't know what happened, but it didn't post. :) Right after I thought I posted the comment, I thought to myself, watch the Aggies comeback to win the game. Lady Vols gave away this game.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
It is pitiful. Just plain pitiful. Pathetic. I am way past being able to derive any degree of schadenfreude out of this debacle. The LV program is on life support and damned close to flat-lining. It is beyond awful. A rudderless ship with its sails flapping and its captain helpless. Worse even than Duke.
In fairness, they lost to a team in OT ranked in the top 15. Far be it for me to defend Tennessee, but it's not like this was Arkansas or Alabama that they lost to...

And I TOTALLY derive a TON of pleasure from the debacle that is Tennessee this year. I would not be sad if they never got another top 50 recruit, never finished better than 5th in the SEC, permanently fell out of the top 25 (forever) and never made the NCAA's ever again.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
A&M wins 76 - 71 in OT.

Tennesse has a 13 point lead in the second half and looses in OT. Should be out of the Top 25 in both polls.
No, probably not - they had a really stunning win earlier in the week against a very underrated Arkansas team, so they should move up a few spots. I know they have a 9-14 record but they clobbered the #13 team and the #24 team early in the year as well as a stunning win against ORU which I am reading as Oregon State and against UNC (obviously a couple of typos - no one seriously plays Oral Roberts or the U of New Orleans, do they?) :eek::rolleyes:

Reaction Score
My only bother is that the Lady Vols may still end up as 24 0r 25 in the AP poll.

Reaction Score
I didn't watch the game, just went and check the box score... saw TN was up by 11 heading into the 4th and still lost... sorry, but I actually laughed out loud. Man, how many times this year are they going to have double digit leads and end up losing?

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
In fairness, they lost to a team in OT ranked in the top 15. Far be it for me to defend Tennessee, but it's not like this was Arkansas or Alabama that they lost to...

And I TOTALLY derive a TON of pleasure from the debacle that is Tennessee this year. I would not be sad if they never got another top 50 recruit, never finished better than 5th in the SEC, permanently fell out of the top 25 (forever) and never made the NCAA's ever again.

They went 1-1 with Arkansas :eek:

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
HOlly's Post Game Press Conference:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I watched late in the 3rd. I thought Tenn had a comfortable lead. My bad!!

Is that now 9 losses for the LVs?

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
HOlly's Post Game Press Conference:

That was truly pathetic. It is like watching a punch-drunk former boxing champ trying to explain how he happened to get KOd for the 8th consecutive time. She truly seems not to have a ghost of a clue as to what is actually going on or what she might be able to do about it. The great majority of UT fans threw her under the bus figuratively quite a while ago; I think many of them would now be willing to throw her under a literal bus. And many of her coaching decisions ARE simply incomprehensible. e.g., Dunbar hit 3/5 threes in the first half, and then rode the pine for almost all the second half. The poor woman is simply God's own example of the Peter Principle.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Gary Blair Press Conference:

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Another really tough loss for Tennessee....this has to kill their moral. In their recent road losses to Kentucky, Mississippi State and A&M, I think they made solid strides and proved they are as good if not better than any of those teams but just freeze down the stretch and cannot execute for whatever reason. They've been pretty dreadful most of the year, but at least they are outplaying good teams for the majority of the game until the last 5 minutes. I know it's pulling for straws, but I am more confident now that they have the ability to make a good run into the tournament if they can learn to finish games. Better shooting and better guard play has been important the last 3-4 games and will hopefully continue to improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom