Tennessee @ ND | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tennessee @ ND

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Work is going to be fun tomorrow. My AD is a huge Tennessee fan and she is at the ND/Tennessee game. She is going to be in a fun mood. :eek:

Reaction Score
LV's are getting schooled on the back door play.

Heck yeah. Just good ball movement and basketball IQ. Wow. ND letting the Vols back in the game.

ND: 80

Lady Vols: 74

55 seconds left in the game.

Reaction Score
Really good job by the announcers. Stephanie White may be the best color analyst for wcbb.

Reaction Score
Well it is a wrap. ND wins. That sounds awkward to say when I am with my yard family.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
vowelguy said:
Really good job by the announcers. Stephanie White may be the best color analyst for wcbb.

Yes. Her and Debbie Antonelli are two of my favorites with LaChina Robinson right behind them!

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Margo's Pre Game Video:

What will her post game video be like?

Reaction Score
This was a very entertaining game. Loyd is just a beast. The handles, footwork, and her ability to have body balance on her shots. Oh my goodness!! The girl is good.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
And Tennessee shot 6-10 from the 3 point line to keep it respectable. So glad to see ND stomp them...

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Twitter post said Jewel Loyd would be eligible for the WNBA draft this year as she'll turn 22 in 2015. Don't think she turns pro, but if she would, she'd be the #1 Draft Pick.

Reaction Score
Margo's Pre Game Video:

What will her post game video be like?

That was pretty cool. I can't wait to see her comments after this game. Thanks for sharing this clip.

Reaction Score
As is usual in most home games for Notre Dame free throws were the difference tonight. They had 27 attempts from the charity stripe versus a mere 10 for Tennessee.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

She is great. I also like Antonelli. Most time I mute the game but Mowins-White and Hogewood-Antonelli always add to the game

Reaction Score
Another tough loss on the road by my Lady Vols. They fought hard but missed 20 two foot shots. That was the difference in the game. Loyd is a special player but our own Graves played her best game of the year. We need Draya and Ariel to shoot the ball before it gets to the last 5 minutes of the game. Izzy was clearly having an off night which did not help.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Neither team is anything special. Both should be out of the top 5 most years.

Reaction Score
She is great. I also like Antonelli. Most time I mute the game but Mowins-White and Hogewood-Antonelli always add to the game

I like Antonelli too. Though I think Hogewood is a bit of a dolt.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Wow was my prediction off. ND is not as good as I thought. Great game. Tenn looked really good and imo it is because Graves woke up. Now if Graves continues to play like this for the rest of the season Tenn could win the SEC. You know I was thinking during the game. UConn had an 28 pts turn around on ND and won by 18 at ND. What does that say about these two very very good teams. As good as this game was UConn would've breezed by both of them. Why? Its all about defense. Plus UConn is much better now then earlier in the season. If Tenn improves on defense they will be a final 4 team. With that said Tenn has improved and come a long way. What they need is more consistency because when they play teams like Arkansas they should win by more then they did. This game just may have turned Tenns season around.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Haha. Well they didn't turn the green Orange. How far does TN fall in the polls?
Probably not too far. They were 5 or so before the loss? Probably drop to 9 or so. I would imagine they drop below OSU even tho they beat OSU, but maybe it will only be to #8. Either way, UCONN would likely beat ND again by over 20 in a rematch and Tennessee by at least 30. Let's see how close SC can get...

Reaction Score
LOL at Icebear
Probably not too far. They were 5 or so before the loss? Probably drop to 9 or so. I would imagine they drop below OSU even tho they beat OSU, but maybe it will only be to #8. Either way, UCONN would likely beat ND again by over 20 in a rematch and Tennessee by at least 30. Let's see how close SC can get...
TN may drop 2 spots. That should be it. We lost to ND on their floor.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
As is usual in most home games for Notre Dame free throws were the difference tonight. They had 27 attempts from the charity stripe versus a mere 10 for Tennessee.
Did you see the game? Ten of those FT's were in the last minute when Tennessee was intentionally fouling Notre Dame. If ones makes the reasonable move of removing those FT's, the advantage is 17 for ND vs. 10 for Tennessee. Given how many points in the paint scored by the Irish, I would expect some more fouls called.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Neither team is anything special. Both should be out of the top 5 most years.
Notre Dame starts 2 juniors, 2 sophomores, and a freshman. No seniors see significant minutes, as the top bench players are a junior (Cable) and a freshman (Westbeld). They are playing with house money this year.

Reaction Score
Notre Dame starts 2 juniors, 2 sophomores, and a freshman. No seniors see significant minutes, as the top bench players are a junior (Cable) and a freshman (Westbeld). They are playing with house money this year.

Unless Lloyd decides to turn pro.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Proud of the effort tonight. A few missed layups and ND Free Throws made the diffrence. I thought Tennesse would have the advantage inside. It was the case. I thought that it would be pretty even. Credit Lloyd she is good. A possible rematch in NCAA's I for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom