Tennessee (merged threads) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Tennessee (merged threads)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm delighted to be wrong, but what did you see in Alabama to suggest they would make it close? Bama is pitiful. I'm not sure there's an AAC team they could beat.

Bama is 101 in Massey Ratings and 86th in Sagarin which would put them squarely in the middle of the American.

Reaction Score
(sits up, turns head side to side)
(whispers)

Hey! Volnation Gray and Mavunga was the real reason for UNC success. Not your chosen one.
( goes back to minding own business)

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
So Charlie Creme says the Vols are still in. How many teams from the SEC are going to make the Tournament this year to justify that? 9 ?
NINE SEC teams are going to get in? Please.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
In the preview for this game on the Tennessee blog Rocky Top Talk, they wrote:

If Tennessee loses tonight, it's probably time to openly ask whether the gals have openly quit on the season/coaches/AD/whatever.

So...um....I'll answer...I don't know if they've quit. But this sure as heck isn't their best effort. And I'm trying to be real diplomatic.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I'm delighted to be wrong, but what did you see in Alabama to suggest they would make it close? Bama is pitiful. I'm not sure there's an AAC team they could beat.

It didn't matter, I knew UT would be playing them in their weird high school gym and that Tennessee was a dumpster fire. They could have been playing Oak Ridge High School tonight and had a close game.

Reaction Score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">It may sound hard to believe, but, yes, TN, is still in, but now 36 on the board, a #9 seed.</p>&mdash; Charlie Creme (@CharlieCreme) <a href="">February 26, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

There is absolutely no way that Tennessee makes the NCAA tournament. No way. Charlie Creme is just trying to cover up his embarrassment for having rated them so high for so long. It's not going to happen. Not only do they have 12 losses now, but they could lose another one to Georgia, and another in the SEC tournament. A 9 seed with 14 losses? That means they're barely a winning team. The NCAA's won't happen for them. Period.

Holly Wharlick will leave UT either next week at the end of the regular season, or after the SEC tournament. The university can't keep her on after the season she's had, and the players just won't play for her. And she will not return to face another season with no recruits and having chalked up the worst season in decades.

Look for those who can transfer to do so, and for DeShields to play in Europe.

And no WNIT for UT. That won't happen either.

It's over.

Reaction Score
In the preview for this game on the Tennessee blog Rocky Top Talk, they wrote:

If Tennessee loses tonight, it's probably time to openly ask whether the gals have openly quit on the season/coaches/AD/whatever

Apparently they asked her after the game and she said it appears they did quit on her.

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
Bama is 101 in Massey Ratings and 86th in Sagarin which would put them squarely in the middle of the American.

1. As I've discussed on other occasions some conferences, and the SEC is one of them, have learned how to manipulate the RPI by having extremely weak OOC schedules. No way Alabama is close to being top 100.

2. You still need to apply the eye test. Can you seriously claim that Alabama would beat anyone except Houston.

3. As I've documented after the UConn-SC game, the head to head between the AAC and SEC this year is 7-6 in favor of the SEC, but the SEC had a huge advantage in home games. If I recall it was 8-3 with 2 games on neutral courts.

4. NCAA RPI has Alabama as 156.

Reaction Score
My tweets from earlier...

‏@uconntj323 20 minutes ago
If Mizzou wins at home Sun vs Vandy, Tenn will be locked into the 8-9 game in SEC tourney and then a win would pit them in Qtrs vs SC.

@uconntj323 37 minutes ago
My belief is that biggest TN issue is Warlick recruits players who dreamed of playing for Pat & not ones who would fit system of her own.

Reaction Score
1. As I've discussed on other occasions some conferences, and the SEC is one of them, have learned how to manipulate the RPI by having extremely weak OOC schedules. No way Alabama is close to being top 100.

Massey and Sagarin are NOT rpi ratings. They are power ratings.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
One of the announcers said he spoke with Charlie Creme and even if Tennessee loses ALL the rest of their games this year (including the one they just played meaning they lose to Bama, Georgia, and the 1st round of the SEC), and the STILL make the tourney. Yikes - at 16-14, they should barely be making the NIT...

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Sad????
Yes sad my friend. Unlike you I get no satisfaction watching a thoroughbred die while lying down. Unlike you I regret the problems I see with dwindling viewership in WBB. Unlike you I remember the time when UConn and UT lifted WBB into our national consciousness making the WNBA possible. Unlike you I see where UConn's dominance without a true rival has coincided with that eroding viewership. Unlike you I would LOVE to see UConn and UT play again for the championship. I remember the hoopla, the enmity, the ESPN coverage, the water cooler discussions. This would only help what is clearly a flagging industry in this country. I want to see these deserving women athletes centerstage again, on the SportsCenter's again. I want these WNBA salaries increased 10 fold. Yes, as a UConn fan I would love to see the Husky's CRUSH these guys in the finals again. And again. Nothing would please me more. Wouldn't you like to see these things?

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I have a good friend that works for the Tennessee athletic's media department/VFL films.. and she said the general feeling throughout the athletic department is that Warlick will be fired. Apparently Warlick is dealing with personal/family issues as well..

Reaction Score

First comment: "Got beat by a better team"

Yikes. My god if she says that then they are below rock bottom.

Reaction Score
One of the announcers said he spoke with Charlie Creme and even if Tennessee loses ALL the rest of their games this year (including the one they just played meaning they lose to Bama, Georgia, and the 1st round of the SEC), and the STILL make the tourney. Yikes - at 16-14, they should barely be making the NIT...

Charlie's on drugs. Won't happen.

Reaction Score

That's her go to statement after every lose no matter the opponent. Then she get to stuttering off subject.

Reaction Score

She won't think about making the NCAA tournament. "We gotta beat Georgia. We just gotta beat Georgia." Rock bottom.

Reaction Score
Yes sad my friend. Unlike you I get no satisfaction watching a thoroughbred die while lying down. Unlike you I regret the problems I see with dwindling viewership in WBB. Unlike you I remember the time when UConn and UT lifted WBB into our national consciousness making the WNBA possible. Unlike you I see where UConn's dominance without a true rival has coincided with that eroding viewership. Unlike you I would LOVE to see UConn and UT play again for the championship. I remember the hoopla, the enmity, the ESPN coverage, the water cooler discussions. This would only help what is clearly a flagging industry in this country. I want to see these deserving women athletes centerstage again, on the SportsCenter's again. I want these WNBA salaries increased 10 fold. Yes, as a UConn fan I would love to see the Husky's CRUSH these guys in the finals again. And again. Nothing would please me more. Wouldn't you like to see these things?

"I want to see these deserving women athletes centerstage again.." So do I. But the deserving women athletes aren't playing at Tennessee any more. They're at South Carolina and Notre Dame and Louisville and Maryland. And they've been at UConn for decades. I'm looking forward to the greatest team and coach of all time taking on those fine teams in the tournament. I'll watch, as will the country. Just as was the case after John Wooden left UCLA, and Dean Smith left North Carolina, the spotlight passes to better athletes under better coaches on better teams. No more UT.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
It's weird that ESPN still continues to post an AP wire story about Tennessee's games, even though they're out of the AP poll. Normally the games between unranked teams get no write-up.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score

That is ludicrous. Looking at their sched. TENN has had ONE quality win IMO (Oregon St #7). Other than that it's been a disaster. The Strength of schedule argument is a joke. Again are they going to allow 9 SEC teams in the tournament? It seems they would have to, to justify allowing TENN a spot. Hey if they sweep through the SEC Tourney they're in but we all know that's not going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom