Tennessee (merged threads) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Tennessee (merged threads)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I guess this is one of those situations that has to reach rock-bottom before it can ever get better. Does losing to LSU and Alabama in consecutive games count as rock-bottom?

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
2 weeks ago, Charlie Creme had them as a 4/5 seed. Then he dropped them to the 8/9 line last week. If this continues, it could be WNIT or nothing. Stunning.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I like the way they keep throwing up graphics justifying TENN as a Tourney team. Isn't finishing up strong supposed to be part of the equation?
I don't know if this was the biggest game of the year for TENN but it was the latest big loss. Can't even break 50 points. Wow.

Reaction Score
I coached HS girls for 15 years. I will be applying. This loss tells me they players don't believe in the system or the coach. I will change that / :). Now how do I talk my wife into leaving California for Tennessee?

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
The players have completely checked-out and quit on HW (and themselves). If you rolled a ball out on the court and gave no instructions, the TN players would beat the Bama players in a game of street ball 9 times out of 10. The entire TN system (if you can call it that at this point) is structurally broken.

Reaction Score
From the wise person who claimed that "Johnny can't read"..... tonight said "Holly can't coach!!!!!"

Reaction Score
They noted that Charlie Creme says Tennessee is in, anywhere from a 6 to an 8 seed...clearly a 6 is out after tonight, but I can't imagine this team as even an 8. Their last three games have been against the three worst teams in the conference with a combined total of 9 wins and Tennessee loses two of the three and barely wins the third. I just can't see them better than a 10/11...they just haven't earned more than that.

Reaction Score
Charlie Creme@CharlieCreme
Headshot2_normal.jpg

Sunday's game against Georgia is absolutely huge for TN. It's big for GA too, for that matter.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Wait a second - I thought we had decided on the BY a while back that the first SEC team to 60 wins the game. Shouldn't the teams be returning to the court?
I made the rule that it was the first team to score 20 points in a quarter back toward the beginning of conference play, but the SEC rejected it because they said the games couldn't go longer than four hours and they didn't want so many ties - at that point in the season only a few teams had actually won a game by reaching the 20 point mark so the leader was like 3-0-5 and the worst team was 0-4-4 while most teams were mired in the dreaded 0-0-8 middle of the pack.:eek::cool::rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Creme now has TN as a 9/10 seed.

And for those who think TN doesn't deserve a bid:
  • Last yr Miami lost its last 4 regular season games, and 5 of 6 after the ACC Tourn and got in, just as an e.g.
  • It is about the entire season. Can't ignore that. Always has been. They also play in Nov and Dec for a reason
  • Take away the name, that doesn't matter. Any team with 4 top-50 wins, historically, gets in. And this isn't a deep pool of bubble teams.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">It may sound hard to believe, but, yes, TN, is still in, but now 36 on the board, a #9 seed.</p>&mdash; Charlie Creme (@CharlieCreme) <a href="">February 26, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I like the way they keep throwing up graphics justifying TENN as a Tourney team. Isn't finishing up strong supposed to be part of the equation?
I don't know if this was the biggest game of the year for TENN but it was the latest big loss. Can't even break 50 points. Wow.
I've been one of them saying those things because as dreadful as some of TN's losses have been, the competition for the end of the at=large field just hasn't done anything to distinguish themselves and TN does have more wins against tournament bound teams than any of them. But with this loss, all bets are off. And you are right, an early season good win counts less than the same win late in the season, and a swoon like TN is on right now is a reason to 'Just Say No'.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
The entire Tennessee program is a mess. Their football coach is under fire, as well. I expect to see their AD get canned soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom