Syracuse is an awful, awful team! | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Syracuse is an awful, awful team!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Cuse pretty much gift wrapped 2-3 TD's for the 'Cats. Nassib threw it all over the place and looked good bringing them back, but NW secondary was unbelievably bad. Some of those big plays are either incomplete or INT's against even an average secondary. Cuse is staring down the barrel of a 2-4 win season. Stony Brook, Minnesota, Pit, and Temple being there mot realistic chances. I can't wait to see UConn make it 6 in a row.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Um, No. The U beat the Thunder Chickens, so the nomination goes to the denisons of 'Nut Hill.

BC was beating Miami 14-0 then. As of this morning, Pittsburgh might be the worst. They all suck though.

Reaction Score
I do not understand the negative assessments of Syracuse here. They looked pretty good yesterday. Much improved offense. Nassib can throw and Sales can catch. OK NW's secondary sucked. But Syracuse didn't give up and almost pulled it off. I wish UConn threw the ball as much as against UMsss Syracuse did.

Reaction Score
I do not understand the negative assessments of Syracuse here. They looked pretty good yesterday. Much improved offense. Nassib can throw and Sales can catch. OK NW's secondary sucked. But Syracuse didn't give up and almost pulled it off. I wish UConn threw the ball as much as against UMsss Syracuse did.
Because that NW team will be lucky to win two games in the Big 10+whatever. Cuse looked like the better team and, they still lost...at home. Nassib was solid, but the opposing defense was not very good.

Reaction Score
Because the result in our game would have been less in doubt? Sheesh.

How do you come up with contorted thinking like this? Not because more throwing would have changed the outcome of the game but because it would have confirmed that this team is finally developing a real passing attack, something missing for quite a while - or haven't you noticed? Sheesh.

Reaction Score
How do you come up with contorted thinking like this? Not because more throwing would have changed the outcome of the game but because it would have confirmed that this team is finally developing a real passing attack, something missing for quite a while - or haven't you noticed? Sheesh.
PP didn't want to open the playbook too much.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
PP didn't want to open the playbook too much.

I agree with this. I think that the play calling was following a designed script. Mostly vanilla, except for the rare "ridiculous" play (like the reverse-throw to Griffin). It was as if to say, "We want NCState thinking about the following things..." If it works, then great. Perhaps NCState prepares for a heavy dose of running up the middle and wildcat, and maybe we use those things very sparingly when we play them. I guess we'll know in a week...

Reaction Score

think they threw a lot because they were down 3td s in the middle of the 3rd quarter.

Reaction Score
Are awful and have been awful for a while. And yet, they get the invite to the ACC go figure.

Reaction Score
Why are you surprised? If any league covets awful football, it's the ACC...
How'd the Big East fare this past weekend? Wouldn't be so critical of the ACC until we see how next week and the week after go.

Reaction Score
I agree with this. I think that the play calling was following a designed script. Mostly vanilla, except for the rare "ridiculous" play (like the reverse-throw to Griffin). It was as if to say, "We want NCState thinking about the following things..." If it works, then great. Perhaps NCState prepares for a heavy dose of running up the middle and wildcat, and maybe we use those things very sparingly when we play them. I guess we'll know in a week...

I guess I am a pretty ignorant football fan because I have never heard of this before: predicating an entire offensive scheme for a game on fooling a future opponent. Boy, UConn is really going to put one over on NC State.

Hope you guys are right because I do not think the Dandy Randy power running game, up-the-gut-for-two-yards, with the occasional throw is going to get it done. McCombs is small and can't carry the team on his back. This team needs a second running option which hasn't emerged yet (I know it's early). The one hopeful sign is that Davis and Smith look like real athletes, tall, rangy, fast.

I don't care how bad NW's secondary was, Nassib was dropping precision passes right into Sales hands. That's got less to do with cornerbacks and more to do with QB throwing and WR playing-making abilities. Precision throws like the ones Nassib threw can even burn the somewhat disgraced Honey Badger.

Reaction Score
I do think that Nassib is a nice quarterback and a very good passer. But I'll also be surprised if Northwestern wins 6 games. As far as what UConn was doing on thursday night, I have the feeling that they weren't particularly concerned with UMass and used that game as essentially a scrimmage where they could and did try a few things, moved guys around in the oline checked on McCummings shape after missing a chunk of camp, that sort of thing. Pretty much ran their basic plays without a whole lot of trickery, though they did use a bit. I doubt they are trying to fool NC State so much as not show them all the cards. I mean Tom O'Brien has been around long enough to guess that when McCummings takes the field UCONN is going with the wildcat...It is another matter that needs to be defended but it wasn't as if they didn't know we run it sometimes.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
I guess I am a pretty ignorant football fan because I have never heard of this before: predicating an entire offensive scheme for a game on fooling a future opponent. Boy, UConn is really going to put one over on NC State.

You've really never heard of coaches and teams not opening up the offensive playbook against much inferior competition??? Really??

This happens all the time. Run up the middle, run up the middle, conservative passing plan. So long as you are having success with it against the minnow, there is no need to dig down deep in the bag of tricks, especially the week before arguably your biggest OOC game (only arguably because of the "Edsall Bowl"). This happens all the time...

Reaction Score
You've really never heard of coaches and teams not opening up the offensive playbook against much inferior competition??? Really??

This happens all the time. Run up the middle, run up the middle, conservative passing plan. So long as you are having success with it against the minnow, there is no need to dig down deep in the bag of tricks, especially the week before arguably your biggest OOC game (only arguably because of the "Edsall Bowl"). This happens all the time...

Like I said I'm not as knowledgeable as I thought because I have never heard of this. I learned something which is always good.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Why are you surprised? If any league covets awful football, it's the ACC...

I think the ACC is implementing a mad scheme to elevate Duke to middle of the pack...

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Like I said I'm not as knowledgeable as I thought because I have never heard of this. I learned something which is always good.

That means you're better than me. I'm incapable of learning new things without displacing something that I used to know. For instance, if I learn a new fact about the new playoff system that the NCAA is going to implement, I might forget how to drive home...;)

Reaction Score
PP said they have to be careful with what they put on display in a recent interview. Wish I could find it easily for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom