Syracuse is an awful, awful team! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Syracuse is an awful, awful team!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I admit to being a little giddy with the final score, but that was a horrible late hit penalty......and horrible defense by exCuse on that last drive.

Reaction Score
Marrone should have put Nassib on defense as well. I mean, that team has so few BCS caliber athletes it would not have hurt.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
I admit to being a little giddy with the final score, but that was a horrible late hit penalty......and horrible defense by exCuse on that last drive.

The late hit makes it even sweeter.

SU doesn't just lose, their fans get to biter too. Happy days.

Reaction Score
That was an awful call that most likely changed the outcome of the game.

I feel so badly for them.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The former Eastern independents have really good teams... Syracuse, Boston College, Miami and Penn State all completely suck. Miami might be the worst of the lot.

Reaction Score
That was an awful call that most likely changed the outcome of the game.

I feel so badly for them.
That is funny Biz-understated and well played! Strange that SU has an opening game impacted by a HORRIBLE call late. That hasn't happened in like, a whole year.

Reaction Score
Syracuse fans will now forget 20+ pages of trashing players and coaches and put the blame for the game solely on the ref that threw that flag.

Reaction Score
Syracuse fans will now forget 20+ pages of trashing players and coaches and put the blame for the game solely on the ref that threw that flag.
We'd probably do the same....

Reaction Score
Well I'd hope going down a couple of TDs would not cause us to turn on our team.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
The former Eastern independents have really good teams... Syracuse, Boston College, Miami and Penn State all completely suck. Miami might be the worst of the lot.

Don't forget MD. Losing to William & Mary & Sally

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
When I am seeing posts like this on the Orange site, I know it was a legit penalty:

If we can only eliminate some incredibly dumb mistakes (Lyn pushing the guy when he was clearly going out of bounds, etc.) we'll win some games this year.

it wwasnt the refs. it was the "backwards pass" to smith and yes the "late" hit

Keon does that crap all too often, He just lost the damn game for f0 other players. This team is altogether too undisciplined.

The late hit call shouldn't have been called but it was still an absolute boneheaded decision by Lynn to pursue it.

5 years ago, pushing a guy that was right at the sideline was not a penalty. It has been for the past few years.

Reaction Score
Well I'd hope going down a couple of TDs would not cause us to turn on our team.
We've won games and competed for conference championships and had a good portion of our boards turn on the team/coaches. Lots complaining we need to win with more flair, gotta throw the deep ball more.

Reaction Score
When I am seeing posts like this on the Orange site, I know it was a legit penalty:

5 years ago, pushing a guy that was right at the sideline was not a penalty. It has been for the past few years.

Nope. They have undeniably gotten tougher on late hits over the last few years, but that wasn't close. It was neither late nor a hit.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Nope. They have undeniably gotten tougher on late hits over the last few years, but that wasn't close. It was neither late nor a hit.
We'll have to agree to disagree Guvnah! Cheers!

Reaction Score
There is actually a thread on their board where they say that based on the second half and the Big East results over the first week that there is no reason they cant "run the table" in the conference. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Sara should have beaten NW by two scores, but failed miserably. With that said, that late hit call was a joke. I'm sure the fans at Toledo feel a lot of sympathy for Sara tonight.

Reaction Score
Syracuse is not an awful team and Nassib may be the best QB in the BE.

That said, they lack athletes as evidenced on specials and defense. They may very well miss a bowl again this season while having a very good QB in his last year.

USC could get real ugly.

Reaction Score
Since when is losing to Northwestern by 1 make you a bad team? NW is a pretty decent team. I would be talking smack about Pittsburgh losing yesterday more then Cuse losing in a shootout.

Reaction Score
Um, No. The U beat the Thunder Chickens, so the nomination goes to the denisons of 'Nut Hill.

Reaction Score
Outside of the top 4, the B1G is nothing special, and Northwestern is mediocre at best. Cuse was home. They better hope Nassib stays healthy.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer