Syracuse is an awful, awful team! | The Boneyard

Syracuse is an awful, awful team!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It is amazing how an above average BCS QB, could make a team look better than their talent level. Nassib really makes the players around him better. The rest of that team leaves a lot to be desired.

Conversely, I think our 09, 2010, teams really had some outstanding talent, probably double digit wins talent, but were held back by below average QB play. I think we could be special this year, with our overall talent and Whitmer. My only question is will the Oline hold up.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I agree Nassib looks pretty good, but they just don't have enough good players anywhere else. On a side note, watching games on TV from the Carrier Dome is beyond awful. The camera angle is terrible and too close and the place looks like a warehouse.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
That play (the lateral recovered by NW for a TD) was just horrible. How could the TB have no presence of mind to at least try to fall on the ball or tackle the defender? Just pathetic.

Reaction Score
I agree Nassib looks pretty good, but they just don't have enough good players anywhere else. On a side note, watching games on TV from the Carrier Dome is beyond awful. The camera angle is terrible and too close and the place looks like a warehouse.
A lot of empty seats as well. Something definitely didn't look right about watching this game until you pointed out. You can't see the entire play on your screen.

As I type this another miscue on SU, for Northwestern score. Northwestern's defense looks like nothing special, small and slow, but SU, has gift wrapped this game for them. SU was driving to take a 20-7, lead when a bobble by an SU receiver goes the other way and sets up a Northwestern TD.

Syracuse looking like garbage.

Reaction Score
They seem fragile. Every few minutes it seems like another Orange player is on the ground w/ trainers kneeling over him.

Reaction Score
Cuse knocks out NW QB, gives up 30 yard run next play lol.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
As much as I want Syracuse to not have a terrible OOC for the sake of making our SOS better, having them be terrible this year would make their departure addition by subtraction in terms of public perception. I'm sure most Big East football fans already realize it is addition by subtraction but it's more important that the public notices that. If Pitt and Cuse are awful this year and Boise St. and company can have good years then the Big East will immediately gain some respect on the football side.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
This is great! I just said out loud, "Syracuse is AWFUL!" then I get on here and see this OP! Awesome!

Reaction Score
Only good thing for Cuse is that NW gives up easy pass interference.

Reaction Score
The Cuse Board went from excitement to abject despair in only 2 hours...they already have given up on the season lol

pj

Reaction Score
The Board of Trustees of Florida State University is watching this and thinking, "Damn tobacco road recruited a basketball team to play football. What's the number of the Big 12 office?"

F

fortebleedsblue

Well i spoke too soon...cuse figured out a solid game strategy, throw deep balls every single time.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
The Cuse Board went from excitement to abject despair in only 2 hours...they already have given up on the season lol

And now they bare doing another 180. NWs secondary is pure garbage.

Reaction Score
And now they bare doing another 180. NWs secondary is pure garbage.

NW's secondary coach should clean out his locker on Monday. It's like they brought guys off the street to play secondary. No skills at all.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
from 35-13 to 35-27. All of a sudden it's a close game.

Reaction Score
Both of these teams are awful, no fundamentals at all. Northwestern's d backs are falling all over the place.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Haha, even with good fortune, Syracuse still cannot get out of its own way.

Reaction Score
Like I said, Nassib is the real deal, and that Northwestern Defense, is small and slow. I'm not shocked that Nassib has brought them back. Premise is still the same. SU is awful.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Like I said, Nassib is the real deal, and that Northwestern Defense, is small and slow. I'm not shocked that Nassib has brought them back. Premise is still the same. SU is awful.

I've been impressed with Nassib except for when he tries to run with the ball. His mobility is decent but not that good. Good thrower on the run though and pretty accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom