Sure this sucks for us, but imagine how Cinci feels | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Sure this sucks for us, but imagine how Cinci feels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ya...some place you would want to be in A NEW YORK MINUTE! Free w's? not even sure what that means, a statement that solidifies your ignorance. Our student athletes would take exception to that. So your saying these young people play to lose? When you write things like that (off the wall comments) it makes debating much tougher. Ya Im sure they could...deliver..lol...its official your delusional.
Good lord there its so much trolling in this thread our BCU friend doesn't realize he's talking to another Acc idiot

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Syracuse is less of a question mark. They have a good piece of the NYC market.
You clearly don't live anywhere near the NYC area if you believe Syracuse has a good piece of the NYC market.....

Reaction Score
Jaysus H Christmas...if the BY is now providing a forum for ACC members to bicker I am literally going to blow my head off. You trollers Git out of here!!! We could care less as to what you say, think, feel, or believe. About Anything. We need neither your condenscension nor your pity... Let us go about the hard work of continuing our awesomeness while your field hockey teams conduct fundraisers to pay the cost of gas to get from Beacon Hill to Blacksburg...
I know your behavior is not representative of this site as a whole. I have spoken with several very nice, polite members who are interested in exchanging opinions and views on a variety of topics. Please don't try to speak using the WE tense ( 1000's members here) speak for yourself. Dropping bomb and going on a crazy rant is unwarranted. If you do not like this thread then turn your attention elsewhere, or join or start another. Continue your.....um awesomeness......but I take exception to the fundraiser comment, it just makes no sense? Thanks for your comment's though.

Reaction Score
Good lord there its so much trolling in this thread our BCU friend doesn't realize he's talking to another Acc idiot

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
I suspected that but she never identified herself, using the word idiot is not cool.

Reaction Score
@Your pretty close Conehead but RU and those in the know were tipped in "10" or early "11" they "might" be playing some of their time at RU in the B1G!Some of our rival's laughed (SU) as it would never happen for them but deep down after the study knew they had better lobby the ACC if they wanted to save face!!That was about the same time after ND turned them down Md joined in the talks (11)!! @Conehead , my apologies (sincerely) for mistyping your handle before edit..it wasn't intended to be sarcastic as your a good poster in my eye's!

@Nicky…No problem. I don’t take myself that seriously to be offended. My overall point is that I am not sure if the B1G would have taken only 1 school. They wanted a pair for a range of reasons, thus, I do not believe Rutgers and/or Maryland would have been invited to the B1G at this time without each other or another partner.
Now, back to reading the Globe about BC in the ACC as I am in Boston this week for work. Only problem, I am still looking – lots on the Sox, some on the Yanks (amazed how much press the Globe gives to the Yanks), a bit on the new Brooklyn ‘Celtics,’ a page on Hernandez, some updates on the Pats. Yep, even with college football starting in a month in a half, zip on BC and the ACC. Wait, ah, there is still a page on-line dedicated to BC’s 2011 hockey championship :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Ya...some place you would want to be in A NEW YORK MINUTE! Free w's? not even sure what that means, a statement that solidifies your ignorance. Our student athletes would take exception to that. So your saying these young people play to lose? When you write things like that (off the wall comments) it makes debating much tougher. Ya Im sure they could...deliver..lol...its official your delusional.

Football
Conf Record
2012 - 1-7
2011 - 3-5
2010- 4-4

FB attendance
2012 - 37k (4th to last)
2011 - 35k (2nd to last)
2010 - 38k (3rd to last)

Not exactly tearing it up in the ACC. BC was good in the Matt Ryan Era I'll admit, but that was a long time ago.

Reaction Score
I do have to give BC credit for their hockey program. I had the joy of watching them lose in the last NCAA regional to Union in Providence. BC's players are wizards on skates.
5 National championships and 12 frozen fours thats pretty magical

Reaction Score
Football
Conf Record
2012 - 1-7
2011 - 3-5
2010- 4-4

FB attendance
2012 - 37k (4th to last)
2011 - 35k (2nd to last)
2010 - 38k (3rd to last)

Not exactly tearing it up in the ACC. BC was good in the Matt Ryan Era I'll admit, but that was a long time ago.
LOL how convenient to leave out the rest- typical and weak .......use what you want and throw the rest of the info out- your lame girl

Reaction Score
@ Larry
Couple of quick points though I do strong believe that UConn’s lack of action, especially under the prior administration, was a contributing. That and tat UConn has only played major football for 10+ years and we have a lot of hate from our local ‘rival’s in the Northeast.
1. Money - Louisville is in the top tier of Revenue producing schools in the NCAA. This gives them a huge advantage in attracting and maintaining top talent that will be needed to compete at the highest levels. This point can't be overstated enough.
§ What happens to Louisville’s bottom line when the City of Louisville defaults on the bonds for the Yum Center and then U Louisville finally has to cover the operating and bond costs of it, which the University does not currently? Right now, U Louisville only takes in revenue and has only game day costs to cover.
2. Past Success - Everybody likes to point to their run this year but that was after the ACC had chosen them to join. They were already quite successful in Basketball with Pitino and had a lot of success in Football. This years run was more validation of past efforts.
§ Louisville beat Florida after UConn beat Louisville, nuff said
3. Facilities - Their Basketball arena is top notch and Football is nice as well and has room to grow. Major revenues wont be needed to upgrade to ACC caliber facilities.
§ UConn’s football stadium being located way off campus is an issue. Practice facilities are top-notch for both football and basketball. UConn will likely get a upgraded or new home arena due to the hockey upgrade. In 2011, ESPN ranked Lousiville #1 in athletic facilities in the Big E, UConn was #2.
4. New market - While Kentucky isn’t a big market. It is new market and expands the ACC's reach
§ My company has a large office in Louisville. Based on my informal sports discussion, it’s pretty much an even split between Louisville and Kentucky fans. Thus, I am not sure how Louisville will deliver to the ACC the entire Louisville market.
5. Fan Support - Louisville has a good level of fan support and the contributions to their booster club support this.

Reaction Score
Football
Conf Record
2012 - 1-7
2011 - 3-5
2010- 4-4

FB attendance
2012 - 37k (4th to last)
2011 - 35k (2nd to last)
2010 - 38k (3rd to last)

Please don't even go there ....... 2005 was our first year in the A.C.C. so- 05, 06,07,08, 09, 10 all winning seasons overall - 12 consecutive winning seasons and bowl games - and a very good overall winning percentage as far as overall program and ALL TIME win % so look it up. Oh btw those avg attd figures are pretty darn good when your program was thrown into the crapper by a lousy apathetic HC.

Reaction Score
@Nicky…No problem. I don’t take myself that seriously to be offended. My overall point is that I am not sure if the B1G would have taken only 1 school. They wanted a pair for a range of reasons, thus, I do not believe Rutgers and/or Maryland would have been invited to the B1G at this time without each other or another partner.
Now, back to reading the Globe about BC in the ACC as I am in Boston this week for work. Only problem, I am still looking – lots on the Sox, some on the Yanks (amazed how much press the Globe gives to the Yanks), a bit on the new Brooklyn ‘Celtics,’ a page on Hernandez, some updates on the Pats. Yep, even with college football starting in a month in a half, zip on BC and the ACC. Wait, ah, there is still a page on-line dedicated to BC’s 2011 hockey championship :rolleyes:
Seeing as though our new recruiting class is locked up classes are out and no football clinics or camps going on id say its pretty quiet. Its in the middle of July and not much to report on. Guess I should lose my head over the fact there is no B.C article in the news this weak. Yikes that cements it we are not worthy of our local papers. You got us on that lol. Seriously.

Reaction Score
I do have to give BC credit for their hockey program. I had the joy of watching them lose in the last NCAA regional to Union in Providence. BC's players are wizards on skates.
Really,... do your research lol

Reaction Score
@ Larry
Couple of quick points though I do strong believe that UConn’s lack of action, especially under the prior administration, was a contributing. That and tat UConn has only played major football for 10+ years and we have a lot of hate from our local ‘rival’s in the Northeast.
1. Money - Louisville is in the top tier of Revenue producing schools in the NCAA. This gives them a huge advantage in attracting and maintaining top talent that will be needed to compete at the highest levels. This point can't be overstated enough.
§ What happens to Louisville’s bottom line when the City of Louisville defaults on the bonds for the Yum Center and then U Louisville finally has to cover the operating and bond costs of it, which the University does not currently? Right now, U Louisville only takes in revenue and has only game day costs to cover.
Yes Louisville does have a unique set up with the city. Unfortunately most of the public doesnt care where the money comes from, only that they have it. I doubt Louisville defaults on those bonds anytime soon. The city sees the YUM center as a draw for their downtown.

2. Past Success - Everybody likes to point to their run this year but that was after the ACC had chosen them to join. They were already quite successful in Basketball with Pitino and had a lot of success in Football. This years run was more validation of past efforts.
§ Louisville beat Florida after UConn beat Louisville, nuff said
Louisville has more success than last year John L Smith had success there and Petrino did as well getting them to the Orange Bowl. Strong also has them positioned to be more than a 1 year team.

3. Facilities - Their Basketball arena is top notch and Football is nice as well and has room to grow. Major revenues wont be needed to upgrade to ACC caliber facilities.
§ UConn’s football stadium being located way off campus is an issue. Practice facilities are top-notch for both football and basketball. UConn will likely get a upgraded or new home arena due to the hockey upgrade. In 2011, ESPN ranked Lousiville #1 in athletic facilities in the Big E, UConn was #2.

I would agree that not having your stadium on campus is a negative but UCONN fans can still thrive with your current stadium. Its fairly new, exapandable, and plenty of tailgating area which usally isnt the case with on campus stadiums.
Concerning Louisville Papa Johns stadium comes in near the upper size for ACC stadiums, UConn's would come in at the lower end. Hockey doesnt really count in the ACC. Besides Football and Basketball, baseball is the next sport in the ACC and here Louisville is excelling in performance and facilities as well.
4. New market - While Kentucky isn’t a big market. It is new market and expands the ACC's reach
§ My company has a large office in Louisville. Based on my informal sports discussion, it’s pretty much an even split between Louisville and Kentucky fans. Thus, I am not sure how Louisville will deliver to the ACC the entire Louisville market.
As long as it get the ACC on TV sets in Kentucky, they deliver. Also, winning a Natty in BB helps sway bandwagon fans as well.

5. Fan Support - Louisville has a good level of fan support and the contributions to their booster club support this.

Reaction Score
Please don't even go there ....... 2005 was our first year in the A.C.C. so- 05, 06,07,08, 09, 10 all winning seasons overall - 12 consecutive winning seasons and bowl games - and a very good overall winning percentage as far as overall program and ALL TIME win % so look it up. Oh btw those avg attd figures are pretty darn good when your program was thrown into the crapper by a lousy apathetic HC.

Your attendance records puts you on par with Wake and Duke in the ACC. Your stadium capacity is 3rd to last together with, you guessed it, Duke and Wake. There is no way to excuse those numbers.

Reaction Score
Your attendance records puts you on par with Wake and Duke in the ACC. Your stadium capacity is 3rd to last together with, you guessed it, Duke and Wake. There is no way to excuse those numbers.
LOl- yup- 45,000 capacity 7-8 thousand under in 3 of the worst years in that last 14- im crushed - we are not worthy, and no wake and duke are far below- never claimed to be on par with FSU OR Clemson- OHHHH we don't have a really big stadium, man I guess thats the secret to being a great program. This is preyty stuff I mean ...really

Reaction Score
Seeing as though our new recruiting class is locked up classes are out and no football clinics or camps going on id say its pretty quiet. Its in the middle of July and not much to report on. Guess I should lose my head over the fact there is no B.C article in the news this weak. Yikes that cements it we are not worthy of our local papers. You got us on that lol. Seriously.

The Globe’s website today has a sports tab for ‘college sports’ and a tab under that for ‘football.’ On the first, BC Hockey is mentioned along with UMass football. BC does have a link to their athletic department website right in between Bentley and BU. On the football tab, Alabama and Johnny football are mentioned, not BC.
On the Courant’s website, under the sports tab are tabs for UConn Huskies, UConn football, UConn men’s basketball, and UConn’s women’s basketball team. In the UConn football tab, there are a dozen news stories, a blog on recruiting, etc.
Just pointing out that even in BC’s home market, the press nor the media do not seem to care about BC. They care about the Sox (and the Yanks), the Pats, the Celtics, and the Bruins. And everyone I know in Boston (I Iived in and around the city for 15 years) agrees, even friends who are BC alumni. UConn’s home market, even while covering sport teams in Boston and NYC, loves the Huskies.

Reaction Score

Just one possible correction, while the ACC is a solid baseball conference, lacrosse maybe ahead of it, just ask ND, Syracuse, Maryland, Virginia, UNC, Duke

Reaction Score
Just one possible correction, while the ACC is a solid baseball conference, lacrosse maybe ahead of it, just ask ND, Syracuse, Maryland, Virginia, UNC, Duke

Lacrosse is definitely growing and yes there are several good teams in the ACC now. From a money standpoint, baseball is still way ahead. More money is being poured into stadiums, coaches, etc. Plus ESPN is making it a featured item on TV. The NCAA regional had 11m viewers on TV this year. The ACC baseball tournament set a attendance record in the UNC/NC State game at over 12,000 fans. I wouldn't sleep on Lacrosse though.

Reaction Score
LOl- yup- 45,000 capacity 7-8 thousand under in 3 of the worst years in that last 14- im crushed - we are not worthy, and no wake and duke are far below- never claimed to be on par with FSU OR Clemson- OHHHH we don't have a really big stadium, man I guess thats the secret to being a great program. This is preyty stuff I mean ...really

Ok your 3 best years in the ACC you still couldn't sell the place out.

2006 attendance - 38k
2007 attendance - 42k
2008 attendance - 41k

Nobody pays attention in Boston even when your good.

Reaction Score
Ok your 3 best years in the ACC you still couldn't sell the place out.

2006 attendance - 38k
2007 attendance - 42k
2008 attendance - 41k

Nobody pays attention in Boston even when your good.
Keep grasping for straws.......B.C has had many many good years........and a loooooooooong history excluding the big boys and of course the places that have nothing else to offer (perhaps where you live) -In this day and age with attendance on the decline for college ball - who sells out every game? I mean if B.C. can avg around 40,000 for a home game in a city with so much to offer and dozens and dozens of schools and universities dividing attention and loyalties I will take it. Miami has not really done any better. You seem to forget that small private schools have half and sometimes only a third of the enrollment of big state schools and universities. Please stop comparing apples and oranges. Wake, Duke, B.C. (14,500) etc don't have the numbers period, as a FSU or a U Conn (30,000+). Sorry but you just dont have an argument. Its not the numbers, its the passion and pride. EVER TO EXCEL!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I just sense that Louisville fans fail to grasp their place in this world.

There's a reason they were the last rats off the sinking ship, not the first.

They should just thank their stars that they had more appeal to the hayseed contingent of the ACC than we did and stop trying to convince the world that they're something other than the last one to leave the island of misfit toys.

Reaction Score

They should just thank their stars that they had more appeal to the hayseed contingent of the ACC than we did and stop trying to convince the world that they're something other than the last one to leave the island of misfit toys.
Agreed........very well put.......also U Conn will be Big or A.C.C bound sooner rather than later. I had hoped for U Conn over L.V. and it would have been good for the region (N.E.) to have an annual series in all sports as A.C.C. members.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Thanks.

I have my doubts that we're bound for anywhere but where we are for quite a while.

All of the conferences, save the Big Ten, have been paid and they're not getting paid again to expand. And, unfortunately, the Big Ten has time on its side and can wait out whichever schools they might like to add.

Reaction Score

Does it really matter if you're the first or last as long as you get out? You guys are desperately trying to salvage what little you can about getting passed over for that "ghetto commuter school" and now you've invented a fantasy where UConn is next in line if the power 5 ever expand (don't cross your fingers on that though).

Answer me this, in 15 years when the GoRs run out and UConn has suffered in AAC hell with the highlight of your season being a midweek game at Tulsa on ESPNU do you really think your football program will be any more attractive than it is now?

Reaction Score
Does it really matter if you're the first or last as long as you get out? You guys are desperately trying to salvage what little you can about getting passed over for that "ghetto commuter school" and now you've invented a fantasy where UConn is next in line if the power 5 ever expand (don't cross your fingers on that though).

Answer me this, in 15 years when the GoRs run out and UConn has suffered in AAC hell with the highlight of your season being a midweek game at Tulsa on ESPNU do you really think your football program will be any more attractive than it is now?
You are literally too duck*ing stupid for words.

Nobody here is inventing a fantasy that UConn is next in line, and no one here thinks UConn is in a good position for the future. In fact, pretty much everyone who's close to sane thinks UConn is, on some level, duck*ed.

What we realize - and what most Louisville fans can't seem to grasp - is that we didn't lose out on an ACC bid to Louisville because they're such a prize to be had - we lost out because their football perception was much better at the time.

Like Fishy said, Louisville fans really shouldn't give a crap why they were chosen - they should be thankful that they were.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom