Sure this sucks for us, but imagine how Cinci feels | The Boneyard

Sure this sucks for us, but imagine how Cinci feels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Arch-rival Xavier in the Big East and they're in the same boat as us. I'm sure they'll end up having ground breaking joint membership in the B1G and ACC though soon, so don't feel too bad.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Seriously? We're supposed to think about Cincy's well-being here? duck* them.

They made out in the last round of expansion, so I'm not exactly busted up that they're basically back where they started from.

The fact that they will receive even a dime from the name "Big East" is a dime more than those grubby monkeys deserve. Those savages put ketchup on spaghetti - I'm only marginally less disgusted at the thought of having to associate with them than I am with the other hayseeds we're going to be lumped with.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Cincinnati is a class organization. I do feel bad for them too when I decide to think about their well-being, but we are well into every man for themselves stage of this boat going down. Metaphorically, UConn should be trying to steal someone's little girl in order to get more sympathy for getting on the last lifeboat.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
USF, especially, had never left CUSA in my mind. We are getting screwed like the leftovers from the SWC years ago. Except for TCU, how did that work out for them?

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Maybe other schools look at us like we look at the CUSA teams. We are just a YanCon team.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Hey fishy, avatar Monkey hates ketchup on pasta. Hates what is going on, and demands an accounting of exactly how much UConn is getting in naming fee from the CYO7, and exit fees in total. And soon.

Reaction Score
USF, especially, had never left CUSA in my mind. We are getting screwed like the leftovers from the SWC years ago. Except for TCU, how did that work out for them?

A couple good years of football goes a long way in conference realignment.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I am glad this thread was revived.

It gives me another chance to say F Cincinnati.

A bunch of jumped-up CUSA monkey nut suckers.

They're a grittier, more successful version of Temple.

Reaction Score
Seriously? We're supposed to think about Cincy's well-being here? F* them.

They made out in the last round of expansion, so I'm not exactly busted up that they're basically back where they started from.

The fact that they will receive even a dime from the name "Big East" is a dime more than those grubby monkeys deserve. Those savages put ketchup on spaghetti - I'm only marginally less disgusted at the thought of having to associate with them than I am with the other hayseeds we're going to be lumped with.

Why so much hate for Cincy? I do feel bad for Cincy. I think they got screwed just as much as Uconn in conference realignment. But Cincy may be in an even tougher position with the OSU factor. Your argument that Cincy made out during the last round of expansion applies to Uconn, USF, and Ville as well. Cincy, USF, and Ville all benefitted from an upgrade in football and basketball. Uconn may not have benefitted from a basketball upgrade but benefitted more than anyone from with the football upgrade to 1A. Of the 2002 Big East football teams, only Temple has not been invited to join a P5 conference. Louisville has taken advantage of the upgrade to the Big East and benefitted further by receiving an invite to the ACC. I see Uconn as being the "next in line" program to receive an invite to the P5, with Cincy also in position to make the jump as well. I think it is only fair that you recognize that Uconn also benefitted from the eary 2000 football expansions. If not for the Big East looking to expand in the late 1990s and early 2000s, Uconn may be in the NBE instead of vying for a spot in a P5 conference. I think Uconn has a much better overall athletic program today than it had prior to 1A football.

Fishy, I agree that Uconn needs to make it clear that they are "next in line" by winning on the field and filling seats at FB/BB games. But the argument that Cincy "made out during expansion and is back where they started" could be applied to Uconn by saying "Uconn made out during expansion and is further along than they started". Please don't take the previous statement as a negative but more as a positive. I think Uconn took full advantage of its opportunity to upgrade football, and has shown that Uconn football has a high upside with its growth in the past 10-15 years. I think before criticizing Cincy and USF for taking advantage of expansion in the early 2000s, you should recognize the growth and expansion that Uconn enjoyed during this same time of expansion. Expansion has benefitted some teams more than others, but I would not trade where Uconn (or Cincy) is today (AAC with likely invite to P5 in the future) for where Uconn (or Cincy) would be today (NBE or CUSA or MAC) without football expansion.

Reaction Score
Why so much hate for Cincy? I do feel bad for Cincy. I think they got screwed just as much as Uconn in conference realignment. But Cincy may be in an even tougher position with the OSU factor. Your argument that Cincy made out during the last round of expansion applies to Uconn, USF, and Ville as well. Cincy, USF, and Ville all benefitted from an upgrade in football and basketball. Uconn may not have benefitted from a basketball upgrade but benefitted more than anyone from with the football upgrade to 1A. Of the 2002 Big East football teams, only Temple has not been invited to join a P5 conference. Louisville has taken advantage of the upgrade to the Big East and benefitted further by receiving an invite to the ACC. I see Uconn as being the "next in line" program to receive an invite to the P5, with Cincy also in position to make the jump as well. I think it is only fair that you recognize that Uconn also benefitted from the eary 2000 football expansions. If not for the Big East looking to expand in the late 1990s and early 2000s, Uconn may be in the NBE instead of vying for a spot in a P5 conference. I think Uconn has a much better overall athletic program today than it had prior to 1A football.

Fishy, I agree that Uconn needs to make it clear that they are "next in line" by winning on the field and filling seats at FB/BB games. But the argument that Cincy "made out during expansion and is back where they started" could be applied to Uconn by saying "Uconn made out during expansion and is further along than they started". Please don't take the previous statement as a negative but more as a positive. I think Uconn took full advantage of its opportunity to upgrade football, and has shown that Uconn football has a high upside with its growth in the past 10-15 years. I think before criticizing Cincy and USF for taking advantage of expansion in the early 2000s, you should recognize the growth and expansion that Uconn enjoyed during this same time of expansion. Expansion has benefitted some teams more than others, but I would not trade where Uconn (or Cincy) is today (AAC with likely invite to P5 in the future) for where Uconn (or Cincy) would be today (NBE or CUSA or MAC) without football expansion.

@A very reasonable and honest post UPitt!! I agree with much of what u say and know it's only a matter of when for UConn not if to a PAC5 conference,..certainly in the next round!! That being said I really hate this CR stuff interfering with regional/traditional rivalry's and the breakup of the BE due more to C7 jealousy and Providence mismanagement!All this stress is unnecessary as their was enough dollars for all but the greedy (SEC)!

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
UConn was a charter member of the BE, which makes it much different from cincy and USF. We have been in a top athletic conference for over 30 years. Nobody handed us the football upgrade, we paid dearly for it and made it as successful as anyone could have hoped. If UConn football had just taken up the Rutgers/Temple slot at the bottom of the BE, maybe you would be justified by wagging a finger at us and saying wait your turn. Especially fans of schools with exactly one NCAA sanctioned championship combined in the last 50 years. It's an joke that we are on the scrap heap and f@cktards like Rutgers are about to ruin the Big 10.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Why so much hate for Cincy? I do feel bad for Cincy. I think they got screwed just as much as Uconn in conference realignment. But Cincy may be in an even tougher position with the OSU factor.

Disagree here. Cincy may be SOL with the B1G but they are ahead of UConn in the pecking order when it comes to the Big-12 (who IMHO is the next to expand) and probably the ACC. UConn is a good fit for the ACC due to location and rivalries but clearly people in that conference have it out for us. So unless those people die off or are bribed enough to shut up, UConn isn't going to the ACC anytime soon. So UConn has to hold on to the pipe dream that is the B1G and really hope that the ACC starts to make in roads into NYC and scares the B1G enough to want to lock up NYC with UConn on top of the recent add of Rutgers. If there's one thing we learned from being snubbed the last go round and having Louisvile picked over us, it's that there are no SURE THINGS in CR.

Reaction Score
Disagree here. Cincy may be SOL with the B1G but they are ahead of UConn in the pecking order when it comes to the Big-12 (who IMHO is the next to expand) and probably the ACC. UConn is a good fit for the ACC due to location and rivalries but clearly people in that conference have it out for us. So unless those people die off or are bribed enough to shut up, UConn isn't going to the ACC anytime soon. So UConn has to hold on to the pipe dream that is the B1G and really hope that the ACC starts to make in roads into NYC and scares the B1G enough to want to lock up NYC with UConn on top of the recent add of Rutgers. If there's one thing we learned from being snubbed the last go round and having Louisvile picked over us, it's that there are no SURE THINGS in CR.

Good point here.

I think UConn's best hope is the fall-out from a battle for NYC between the B1G and the ACC. UConn is the only one left that can add to that equation. The B1G has opened a NYC office and the ACC made a big media splash there two weeks ago. Both conferences will realize that RU and SU don't bring the market and UConn could be the wild card. Here's hoping our leadership is working the back channels to incite this kind of thinking!

Reaction Score
I agree. Cincy has a better chance at getting into the ACC than UConn because 1) certain members in the ACC want UConn destroyed and because Cincy would give the ACC a toehold in terms of TV sets and recruiting into the Midwest. The only way I see the ACC inviting UConn at this point in time is if the ACC feels that the B1G is going to take NYC from them and reluctantly pulls in UConn as a defensive play. Right now, I would say that the B1G has a slight advantage over the ACC in NYC (Rutgers + Penn State + Michigan v. Notre Dame + Syracuse).
Cincy also has a better shot that UConn at the XII as a travel partner for WV as Cincinnati is a lot closer to Morgantown than UConn. Also, I am sure if the politicians in Austin would ever accept a college from ‘liberal’ New England as a conference mate. Wasn’t Governor Perry in CT a few weeks back trying to steal CT’s gun manufacturers?
On the positive side, Cincy has no shot in hell getting into B1G due to Ohio State while UConn appears to building a case for inclusion.
So, no, I really don’t feel sorry for Cincy as they maybe in a better position than UConn, which is almost as hard to accept as the fact that my state taxes help pay for AD Herman’s salary at Rutgers :mad:

Reaction Score
UConn was a charter member of the BE, which makes it much different from cincy and USF. We have been in a top athletic conference for over 30 years. Nobody handed us the football upgrade, we paid dearly for it and made it as successful as anyone could have hoped. If UConn football had just taken up the Rutgers/Temple slot at the bottom of the BE, maybe you would be justified by wagging a finger at us and saying wait your turn. Especially fans of schools with exactly one NCAA sanctioned championship combined in the last 50 years. It's an joke that we are on the scrap heap and f@cktards like Rutgers are about to ruin the Big 10.

It's not an absolute joke, it's reality. The Big ten doesn't give a crap about any of your champion ships, since none of them are about football. This is about football. You really think they care your girls team has won a bunch of NC's. You think that makes you worthy of joining the big 10?

And tell me by what measure is UCONN football more advantageous than f@cktard Rutgers?

Is it your TV ratings over RU? Nope
Your average attendance? Nope
Your stadium size? Nope
Your geographic footprint for the Big Ten Network? Nope
Your footprint for recruiting for other Big Ten Schools? Nope
Your AAU affiliation? Nope

What is it then?

Tll me why you are more deserving...and don't mention because your girls field hockey team has won a national championship...because that doesn't mean dick to the Big Ten.

Reaction Score
I agree. Cincy has a better chance at getting into the ACC than UConn because 1) certain members in the ACC want UConn destroyed and because Cincy would give the ACC a toehold in terms of TV sets and recruiting into the Midwest. The only way I see the ACC inviting UConn at this point in time is if the ACC feels that the B1G is going to take NYC from them and reluctantly pulls in UConn as a defensive play.
If there is an appearance of a B1G invite for UConn the ACC will have an offer on the table in a heartbeat. UConn to the B1G will be the ACC's WTF were we thinking moment. It will also be damaging to the NBE.

Right now, I would say that the B1G has a slight advantage over the ACC in NYC (Rutgers + Penn State + Michigan v. Notre Dame + Syracuse).

Cincy also has a better shot that UConn at the XII as a travel partner for WV as Cincinnati is a lot closer to Morgantown than UConn. Also, I am sure if the politicians in Austin would ever accept a college from ‘liberal’ New England as a conference mate. Wasn’t Governor Perry in CT a few weeks back trying to steal CT’s gun manufacturers?
On the positive side, Cincy has no shot in hell getting into B1G due to Ohio State while UConn appears to building a case for inclusion.
So, no, I really don’t feel sorry for Cincy as they maybe in a better position than UConn, which is almost as hard to accept as the fact that my state taxes help pay for AD Herman’s salary at Rutgers :mad:

I agree Cinn makes more sense for the Big 12 as a WV partner.
But they practically share a market with Louisville
Cinn is a small town. There are more people in Mesa AZ. than Cinn
It is as much a mid-south town as it is mid-west. their airport is in Kentucky.
Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
It's not an absolute joke, it's reality. The Big ten doesn't give a crap about any of your champion ships, since none of them are about football. This is about football. You really think they care your girls team has won a bunch of NC's. You think that makes you worthy of joining the big 10?

And tell me by what measure is UCONN football more advantageous than f@cktard Rutgers?

Is it your TV ratings over RU? Nope
Your average attendance? Nope
Your stadium size? Nope
Your geographic footprint for the Big Ten Network? Nope
Your footprint for recruiting for other Big Ten Schools? Nope
Your AAU affiliation? Nope

What is it then?

Tll me why you are more deserving...and don't mention because your girls field hockey team has won a national championship...because that doesn't mean to the Big Ten.

If it is only about football, then why the heck is Rutgers in the B1G?!?

Reaction Score
Rutgers sucks at all sports on average. New Jersey just has a lot of people. Simple as that and everyone, including you, knows it.

UConn has much greater accomplishments than Rutgers across the board. Basketball is important in the big picture. Basketball is what makes Duke, UNC, Kansas and Kentucky huge national brands. It does the same for UConn.

Rutgers is known for absolutely nothing. This isn't about football in Rutgers case, its about population. In Louisville's case it was about football. That ACC needed a winning football program desperately. The B1G just needed a bunch of households with cable boxes.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Rutgers' fans have a very hard time understanding that they're in the Big Ten because New Jersey has lot of people in it.

Well, perhaps it's more accurate to say they have a hard time admitting it.

Just be happy about it and stop trying to convince the world that you have some other virtue.

Let's remember that this is a school that has never won a single game in a single sport in over 100 years that they'd feel comfortable bragging about.

Reaction Score
Rutgers sucks at all sports on average. New Jersey just has a lot of people. Simple as that and everyone, including you, knows it.

UConn has much greater accomplishments than Rutgers across the board. Basketball is important in the big picture. Basketball is what makes Duke, UNC, Kansas and Kentucky huge national brands. It does the same for UConn.

Rutgers is known for absolutely nothing. This isn't about football in Rutgers case, its about population. In Louisville's case it was about football. That ACC needed a winning football program desperately. The B1G just needed a bunch of households with cable boxes.
Would guys get over the Rutgers thing. Also you Rutgers guys
should be talking us up as we improve your position in NYC.
Especially against the ACC invaders.
They were the better pick over us because NJ has 9,000,000 people and they are adjacent to PA and Maryland as well as NYC.
They are also AAU. Their football while not dazzling has a slightly greater perception than us.
That they were selected had 0 impact on our selection.
In fact without Rutgers we have no chance at the B1G
With them we at least have hope.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Let's be fair Fishy. This is a school that has in fact won a SINGLE game in a SINGLE sport in over 100 years that they are comfortable bragging about.

Because a defensive lineman jumped offside.

Reaction Score
I should blasphemously add, the Bearcats have owned us in football since they joined the Big East.

Reaction Score
Would guys get over the Rutgers thing. Also you Rutgers guys
should be talking us up as we improve your position in NYC.
Especially against the ACC invaders.
They were the better pick over us because NJ has 9,000,000 people and they are adjacent to PA and Maryland as well as NYC.
They are also AAU. Their football while not dazzling has a slightly greater perception than us.
That they were selected had 0 impact on our selection.
In fact without Rutgers we have no chance at the B1G
With them we at least have hope.

We're over it but we don't appreciate RU fans coming here to tell us they are better than us. They simply aren't.

Oh, thanks for putting me in line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01