Sure this sucks for us, but imagine how Cinci feels | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sure this sucks for us, but imagine how Cinci feels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have to say, I don't have an ounce of sympathy for Cincinnati. this is a school that was languishing on the bottom of CUSA. Remember Army ended their 2 year losing streak against the Bearcats the year before they joined the Big East (thank god it was the year before!) They were absolutely saved form total oblivion by the invitation to replace BC. had that not happened, they would be Marshall without the movie. I could see them going to the B12 ahead of us, but not the ACC. While they aren't exactly a community college (Hi Louisville) they aren't an academic power either. And I think if there is an ACC addition at some point, North Carlina and Duke aren't accepting another school that accepts people who fill out the applications in crayola.

Reaction Score
It's not an absolute joke, it's reality. The Big ten doesn't give a crap about any of your champion ships, since none of them are about football. This is about football. You really think they care your girls team has won a bunch of NC's. You think that makes you worthy of joining the big 10?

And tell me by what measure is UCONN football more advantageous than f@cktard Rutgers?

Is it your TV ratings over RU? Nope
Your average attendance? Nope
Your stadium size? Nope
Your geographic footprint for the Big Ten Network? Nope
Your footprint for recruiting for other Big Ten Schools? Nope
Your AAU affiliation? Nope

What is it then?

Tll me why you are more deserving...and don't mention because your girls field hockey team has won a national championship...because that doesn't mean to the Big Ten.

It's that we have a better athletic department than yours. We are better at everything than you, including football if you want to objectively measure using titles and BCS appearances.

That about sums it up.

Also, don't try to belittle our tremendous success to Women's BBall. We have 3 Men's BBall titles within the past 15 years.

You made the final 4 once in the 70's.

Reaction Score
It's not an absolute joke, it's reality. The Big ten doesn't give a crap about any of your champion ships, since none of them are about football. This is about football. You really think they care your girls team has won a bunch of NC's. You think that makes you worthy of joining the big 10?

And tell me by what measure is UCONN football more advantageous than f@cktard Rutgers?

Is it your TV ratings over RU? Nope
Your average attendance? Nope
Your stadium size? Nope
Your geographic footprint for the Big Ten Network? Nope
Your footprint for recruiting for other Big Ten Schools? Nope
Your AAU affiliation? Nope

What is it then?

Tll me why you are more deserving...and don't mention because your girls field hockey team has won a national championship...because that doesn't mean to the Big Ten.

Excuse me; but, I am confused, what has Rutgers done in football since it joined the Big E in football 20+ years ago that UConn has not in the 10+ years. Win a Big E title? Nope, UConn did. Play in a BCS bowl? Nope, UConn did. Dominate UConn on the field? Nope, it’s about 50/50.
As for sports beyond football, in the second leading money maker in sports, men’s basketball, it’s not even a worth a sentence.
Rutgers is getting into the B1G based on #1 it is in the NYC TV market, #2) is a AAU school, and #3) is believe to play D1 football, though I am not sure about that.

Reaction Score
OK, so let's just say that RU got in the BigTen because of the TV market.....does that change anything for UCONN? Does it make you feel better? Bottom line...RU got picked and we are very happy.

Reaction Score
Would guys get over the Rutgers thing. Also you Rutgers guys
should be talking us up as we improve your position in NYC.

I would love to talk you "up" but every UCONN poster talks us "down". You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours.

Reaction Score
Did nyc banker get banned by the RU board? Otherwise I don't want you to think you've found a home here.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
OK, so let's just say that RU got in the BigTen because of the TV market.....does that change anything for UCONN? Does it make you feel better? Bottom line...RU got picked and we are very happy.
It makes me feel better than when insane RU fans attribute it to something other than TV market.

Reaction Score
UConn was a charter member of the BE, which makes it much different from cincy and USF. We have been in a top athletic conference for over 30 years. Nobody handed us the football upgrade, we paid dearly for it and made it as successful as anyone could have hoped. If UConn football had just taken up the Rutgers/Temple slot at the bottom of the BE, maybe
Rutgers' fans have a very hard time understanding that they're in the Big Ten because New Jersey has lot of people in it.

Well, perhaps it's more accurate to say they have a hard time admitting it.

Just be happy about it and stop trying to convince the world that you have some other virtue.

Let's remember that this is a school that has never won a single game in a single sport in over 100 years that they'd feel comfortable bragging about.

you would be justified by wagging a finger at us and saying wait your turn. Especially fans of schools with exactly one NCAA sanctioned championship combined in the last 50 years. It's an joke that we are on the scrap heap and f@cktards like Rutgers are about to ruin the Big 10.

@Don't BET on it!

Reaction Score
UConn was a charter member of the BE, which makes it much different from cincy and USF. We have been in a top athletic conference for over 30 years. Nobody handed us the football upgrade, we paid dearly for it and made it as successful as anyone could have hoped. If UConn football had just taken up the Rutgers/Temple slot at the bottom of the BE, maybe you would be justified by wagging a finger at us and saying wait your turn. Especially fans of schools with exactly one NCAA sanctioned championship combined in the last 50 years. It's an joke that we are on the scrap heap and f@cktards like Rutgers are about to ruin the Big 10.

@If Cinncy didn't have the same misfortune(re;B1G) as Pitt (location) UConn would be behind a longer line truth be told!!Their football success thru 3 coaching changes and 2 AD's is a testament to their resolve to move up the ladder!The hiring of PP told the football blue bloods all they needed to know about how serious the administration was regarding upgrading!!And why do you guys have to blame all the wrong people?I had no intention of defending a "midwest" team! Uconn needs to make friends not lose them!How many bridges is it wise to burn?Most of CFB perceives UC much better than you realize!As an RU fan I'm leaning to you guys as a concerned neighbor realizing it could have been RU in your position and most of us endorse your acceptance into the B1G unlike some other local fanbase's!!

Reaction Score
Rutgers sucks at all sports on average. New Jersey just has a lot of people. Simple as that and everyone, including you, knows it.

UConn has much greater accomplishments than Rutgers across the board. Basketball is important in the big picture. Basketball is what makes Duke, UNC, Kansas and Kentucky huge national brands. It does the same for UConn.

Rutgers is known for absolutely nothing. This isn't about football in Rutgers case, its about population. In Louisville's case it was about football. That ACC needed a winning football program desperately. The B1G just needed a bunch of households with cable boxes.

@RU known for@Old fashioned values!....btw great argument for your moving up in CR..trying to say you belong by knocking RU!!

Reaction Score
Rutgers sucks at all sports on average. New Jersey just has a lot of people. Simple as that and everyone, including you, knows it.

UConn has much greater accomplishments than Rutgers across the board. Basketball is important in the big picture. Basketball is what makes Duke, UNC, Kansas and Kentucky huge national brands. It does the same for UConn.

Rutgers is known for absolutely nothing. This isn't about football in Rutgers case, its about population. In Louisville's case it was about football. That ACC needed a winning football program desperately. The B1G just needed a bunch of households with cable boxes.

@And your great brand in hoops?Where did it get you?

Reaction Score
Rutgers' fans have a very hard time understanding that they're in the Big Ten because New Jersey has lot of people in it.

Well, perhaps it's more accurate to say they have a hard time admitting it.

Just be happy about it and stop trying to convince the world that you have some other virtue.

Let's remember that this is a school that has never won a single game in a single sport in over 100 years that they'd feel comfortable bragging about.

@So?

Reaction Score
We're over it but we don't appreciate RU fans coming here to tell us they are better than us. They simply aren't.

Oh, thanks for putting me in line.

@No one (at least me)said anything at all like that!!My only knock on UConn is their seeming need to use us as a punching bag as if we were the reason for your situation!I'm a big booster of UConn athletic's and actually troll ACC and other sites in your defense!!

Reaction Score
What people also need to realize is that Rutgers was not only picked because of what they are....they were also selected because of what they will BECOME. NJ has some of the most fertile recruiting grounds in the country. The number 2 player for 2014 happens to be from NJ.....the no 16 player is from NJ as well. So 10% of the top 20 players in the country for 2014 are from NJ.....ten percent.

There isn't a single CT player in the Top 100 for 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011. You do have two CT players in 2010.

Just some random facts using Rivals Rankings.

Reaction Score
What people also need to realize is that Rutgers was not only picked because of what they are....they were also selected because of what they will BECOME. NJ has some of the most fertile recruiting grounds in the country. The number 2 player for 2014 happens to be from NJ.....the no 16 player is from NJ as well. So 10% of the top 20 players in the country for 2014 are from NJ.....ten percent.

There isn't a single CT player in the Top 100 for 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011. You do have two CT players in 2010.

Just some random facts using Rivals Rankings.

Doesn't mean a thing if you can't keep them in State. All 3 Top 100 in 2013 went OOS and both of the 2014 NJ residents you point out (and only ones among Top 100) are not commiting to the State University. Big population difference btwn CT and NJ as well.

Reaction Score
Doesn't mean a thing if you can't keep them in State. All 3 Top 100 in 2013 went OOS and both of the 2014 NJ residents you point out (and ony among Top 100) are not commiting to the State University. Big population difference btwn CT and NJ as well.

We need a few more years and most of these kids will be staying home to play football. In 2012 we did get the no 11 player in the country (no 1 in NJ). And in 2011 we also got the no 1 NJ kid. So they are slowly starting to stay home.

CT Rivals Top 100:
2014: 0
2013: 0
2012: 0
2011: 0
2010: 2

Total: 2 in 5 years. (technically NJ should have 5 in the last 5 years since the population is 2.5 times larger)

NJ Rivals Top 100:
2014: 2
2013: 3
2012: 3
2011: 1
2010: 0

Total: 9 in 5 years. That's 4.5 times more than CT but the population of NJ is only 2.5 times larger.

So yeah, it's not only the population. I can attest living in both states that NJ is more focused on sports at a very early age.

Reaction Score
You all understand that the most fertile recruiting grounds in NJ are less than 100 miles from the rent.
I use to live in the NE so I know 100 miles is a big deal. In the Midwest and West we go that far to pick up a loaf of bread.*
So if Ohio State wants the best Northern Jersey player they can claim VS an SEC team that the kids parents have multiple chances to see their kid play. If there is that great New England player (as there has been) the same argument can be used.
*hyperbole alert

Reaction Score
Rutgers getting picked for a big five conference is the only thing their fans have had to brag about athletically in their lifetimes. They still will be a perpetual doormat, only now they will be stepped on by higher quality shoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom