Stonehill Post Game Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Stonehill Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
It’s not a negative view at all. The ranking of the class itself will only matter if/when the players perform on the court, and perform up to that “ranking”. As a fan I think it’s fair to expect that type of production from a top ranked recruiting class, however, it doesn’t always work out that way. I hope for the best. In a month, if Ball or Ross or Samson are performing at those levels then the expectation of those numbers being achieved would be fair. Otherwise, I just think on paper, and in hindsight, that Alleyne, Calcuttera, Clingan, Diarra, coming off the bench, it’s not there as of Nov. 12. Then again, nobody imagined Clingan would become the important piece that he played last year…a fortunate come about. Those are rare.
Jackson averaged under 7 ppg last year, if Castle is around 14-15 that’s less we need out of the bench

Reaction Score
Jackson averaged under 7 ppg last year, if Castle is around 14-15 that’s less we need out of the bench
Beyond castle the freshman are not going to score a lot. Only so many shots and pt. They are all capable of having a 10-15 scoring game but likely won’t get the minutes or shots unless injury or foul trouble. They need to do the grunt work and help the team and their opportunity will come.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Clingan is really good for sure, but he appears clueless on his FT shooting
Agree. He seems to have deteriorated since the beginning of last year on free throws. With someone as gung ho as he is he and the staff will get this fixed. He seems down on himself every time he doesn't come through on a play. Like he is trying too hard or demanding to much of himself instead of just keepin on. This too will get straightened out. He must have been frustrated as hell having to sit out all that time while he healed.

Reaction Score
Diarra might not play at all by the end of the year, maybe 5 mpg
If Ball can give what he does on D while being enough of a playmaker on offense, he will get Diarra's minutes.

Reaction Score
If Ball can give what he does on D while being enough of a playmaker on offense, he will get Diarra's minutes.

He's going to need to improve his ballhandling to fill Diarra's role. Might take a few months but he'll get there.

Reaction Score
I can just say that they didn't block anything and they weren't disruptive. Nothing like the crew that yelled "baby murderer" at me for 5 years running until COVID. Don't remember any BY comments back then.
The spring chicken articulates his thoughts. Signed
Good Afternoon Sun GIF by giphystudios2021

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Actually, he looks like me from the line. Which is not good
Remember Drummond's 25% from the line at UConn? He could've doubled his points per game if he could hit foul shots. That's why I love Newton so much. He's got ice water in his veins at the line.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
This is a little OT but the announcer said Ball had a 43" vertical leap and 7.0 wingspan!!!!! That's an insane combination. If Diarra is not producing at the level expected of him it will necessitate DH making the move. That and what happens on the practice floor.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Remember Drummond's 25% from the line at UConn? He could've doubled his points per game if he could hit foul shots. That's why I love Newton so much. He's got ice water in his veins at the line.
LOL yes! And a virtual grin to boot!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom