Stonehill Post Game Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Stonehill Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Starting lineup is legit, no question. It can be matched up with m anybody as of Nov. I don’t see 20 ppg as a given from Ball Ross Stewart. Their freshman and unknown when it comes to hostile environments, road games, foul trouble, pressure etc.
We don't need 20 ppg from Ball, Ross, Stewart.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I feel like we might see Cam move to the bench just to be able to bring a scorer off the bench. Hassan start?

Reaction Score
Benigni is a senior. This was his third D1 game (and his best game to date), and i can't tell if he's ever played for any college in any division. Anyone from the E. Hampton area know his story and how he wasn't on anyone else's radar (not us, but like CCSU and the like).

It comes right up on the Stonehill website. First result on google.

He went to Xavier and prepped at Hamden Hall. Been at Stonehill all 4 years.

Edit: this was his 3rd d1 game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It comes right up on the Stonehill website. First result on google.

He went to Xavier and prepped at Hamden Hall. Been at Stonehill all 4 years.

This isn't his 3rd D1 game--they were D1 laat year too.
He didn't play last season due to injury. So he played D2 before, but this is his 3rd D1 game.

Reaction Score
Love the high skill level of this team.

Does anyone have concerns about a bit of a drop off in athletic ability? It isn't apparent on offense. But they'll have to play better team D because of the loss of Jackson and Hawkins (who was sneaky good on the defensive end).

The development of Solo Ball and either Ross or Stewart will be critical in this regard. It's a long and bruising season; can't solely rely on the big 4. I am assuming Samson and Diarra will rise to the occasion.

Reaction Score
We don't need 20 ppg from Ball, Ross, Stewart.

I agree. But you need to get scoring from somewhere. I don’t believe u need it from those 3, either…I was commenting on that point being made regarding 20ppg from them in particular.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The 1-3-1 today was interesting. So much length on the top with Newton amd Castle and Clingan just takes away everything in the middle.

Watching Newton, Castle, Steward and Ross reminded me a bit of those Dream Season Huskies where it seemed like Burrell, Murray, Dove and DePriest were just interchangeable parts and you also had a long PG in Tate George.

I have full confidence these Huskies are going to be a beast defensively before the season is over.

Reaction Score
Love the high skill level of this team.

Does anyone have concerns about a bit of a drop off in athletic ability? It isn't apparent on offense. But they'll have to play better team D because of the loss of Jackson and Hawkins (who was sneaky good on the defensive end).

The development of Solo Ball and either Ross or Stewart will be critical in this regard. It's a long and bruising season; can't solely rely on the big 4. I am assuming Samson and Diarra will rise to the occasion.

I think we could have trouble against a team with small, electric guards. But they will also have trouble with us.

Reaction Score
This is my only real concern. The freshmen are playing like freshmen. You can tell they’re legit talents, but will they be consistent enough to be reliable against better teams? A little afraid we’re gonna see a lot of 35+ minute box scores from our starters against plus comp.

That’s exactly what will end up happening. Better competition on unproven freshmen, not to mention injury and foul trouble…it’s a concern

Reaction Score
This is my only real concern. The freshmen are playing like freshmen. You can tell they’re legit talents, but will they be consistent enough to be reliable against better teams? A little afraid we’re gonna see a lot of 35+ minute box scores from our starters against plus comp.
I don’t think this will be an issue. Ball, Ross and Stewart are still learning when and where to attack in this offense. I think come BE play we’ll be able to rely on at least one of them in any given game to give us 10 points

Reaction Score
I don’t think this will be an issue. Ball, Ross and Stewart are still learning when and where to attack in this offense. I think come BE play we’ll be able to rely on at least one of them in any given game to give us 10 points
That’s realistic. One of them, yea.

Reaction Score
Benigni is a senior. This was his third D1 game (and his best game to date), and i can't tell if he's ever played for any college in any division. Anyone from the E. Hampton area know his story and how he wasn't on anyone else's radar (not us, but like CCSU and the like).
The announcers said his career was all injuries

Reaction Score
I agree. But you need to get scoring from somewhere. I don’t believe u need it from those 3, either…I was commenting on that point being made regarding 20ppg from them in particular.
You're missing 1 player from the group, Samson Johnson is included in that group as well. And I didn't say 20, I said 15-20

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom