Stonehill Post Game Thread | The Boneyard

Stonehill Post Game Thread

temery

What?
Reaction Score
IMG_3640.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
  • Castle looked so much more composed and confident than the opener. Has a great feel for and control of the speed of the game.
  • Not remotely concerned about Spencer’s shooting today, a bit more concerned about him getting blown by on the defensive end quite a few times. They may have to scheme him some help.
  • Really like Spencer’s ability to facilitate in spurts. He’s got really good court vision and keeps the ball moving. Really nice to have him be able to step into the lead role for stretches because….
  • Diarra’s offensive game is what it has been. He’s a great piece defensively but just can’t play the point offensively. The ball movement really slows down and he doesn’t make good decisions. We seem to have enough ball handlers that we hopefully won’t have to ask him to do much in that capacity.
  • Team ball movement was by and large really good today, pretty much regardless of lineup.
  • The Newton/Castle backcourt is really fun and creates a ton of flexibility.
  • Need to see more from Samson on the boards and defensively.

Reaction Score
Did Samson perhaps get hurt? I didn't see the game, but his stats did not seem to change from late in the first half???

Reaction Score
Offense looks fantastic. Starters look like future pros. All the freshman look good. The defense looked good in spurts. Only nit is 67 points is to many to give up to Stonehill.

Reaction Score
I love this team. I know it's only Stonehill and NAU, but man I love what I'm seeing so far. By March these freshman will be alot different in good ways, and they all offer something right now that's good. Just stay healthy and this could be special.

Bring on the Jasper

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Newton has made a leap from the end of last year. He might be our best player this year, Clingan included.

No. He may lead the team in scoring amd average the most minutes.

I wouldn't be surprised if he got another triple double.

But unless Clingan, Castle and Karaban all are injured he won't be the best player.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
No. He may lead the team in scoring amd average the most minutes.

I wouldn't be surprised if he got another triple double.

But unless Clingan, Castle and Karaban all are injured he won't be the best player.

I agree Clingan is going to be hard to beat, but Newton looks fantastic.

Bottom line, that top 4 is one of the strongest top 4s we've ever had.

Reaction Score
Figured out who castle reminds me of. Jimmy butler. Not in butlers selfish scoring game but in his build and the way he moves and glides with the ball. Deliberate then with that spin, idk if can stop him getting to rim at will with our spacing

Spencer reminds me of nadav. His shot was off and alley oops had too much air, but he has same affect on both ends that nadav did. He facilitates offense, getting ball moving I liked different zone presses which are made possible bc of players like cam and castle as they are both high iq

Reaction Score
Not worried about anything. Defense will
Be shaky especially young guys. Still learning.

This is a petty and old man complaint so I am admitting it ahead of time - but when guys come in at the end of the game, especially the coach’s son, can you tuck your shirt in? Drives me nuts

Reaction Score
Newton has made a leap from the end of last year. He might be our best player this year, Clingan included.
He definitely sees the green light to be aggressive and score. I guess without Hawklins and Sanogo that makes more sense for him and it is his second year with the program. I love the newfound aggressiveness.

Reaction Score
Figured out who castle reminds me of. Jimmy butler. Not in butlers selfish scoring game but in his build and the way he moves and glides with the ball. Deliberate then with that spin, idk if can stop him getting to rim at will with our spacing

Spencer reminds me of nadav. His shot was off and alley oops had too much air, but he has same affect on both ends that nadav did. I liked different zone presses which are made possible bc of players like cam and castle as they are both high iq
That's always been my comparison for Castle.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom