Steven Enoch (Committed to UConn) | Page 28 | The Boneyard

Steven Enoch (Committed to UConn)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Great finally a highly rated big guy for Ollie! I like and it is great he is from CT. Yep it is the hair as you can see that Brimah has an inch at least by the shoulders. Lol!

Reaction Score
This is so strange for me! I used to be this kid's counselor 9 years ago, played basketball in the agencies parking lot on an 8 ft. hoop. Never would've imagined this. It's great though! Everyone I used to work with is so proud of him also!

How tall was he at 7? 6'10" at 16 is rather impressive.

Reaction Score
It's the ch that I'm not so sure about.

Is it like osh-gosh?
Notch?
Knock?

My guess it's E-nosh.
I can see why you would think that, Dogmania, especially after Enosch Wolf. However, I know the kid (Enoch), from my 4 years at Norwalk High. It is in fact E-Knock.

Reaction Score
I think they're both closer to 6'9 than even 6'10.......;).......but AB plays like he's 7' with his wingspan!

Who cares they're both good size........

Reaction Score
Next to Brimah, Steve is taller with the hair, but their height looks very close. Either Steve is taller (or bigger shoes), or Amida is less than 7 feet
View attachment 6862

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ This and the fact that the kid is only 16 yo...WOW, Ollie really is on a roll! I am on cloud 9 just thinking about what is in store for our MBB future as long as Ollie is at the helms.

I like the core makeup of our 2015 roster already: a Roxbury PG + a home grown PF +.... It's magnetically, powerfully, irresistibly tempting for any kids who has not made up their minds yet.

Stone, you know who i am talking about....:)

C

Chief00

When a guy commits later than 10pm on a Saturday night you know you are doing something right in recruiting. Not exactly a Howie D type 1am thing but good enough. We can work toward that.

Reaction Score
Are people really concerned about Nucky being told he'll have the opportunity to play right away?

Every eligible player on the team has the opportunity to play. He'll have to earn his minutes like anyone else.

Reaction Score
He's listed at 6'10" and 225 on 24/7, considerably bigger than Comanche and heavier now than Nolan was last year. Just based on that, he could swing between the 4 and 5 as needed. He and Stone would complement each other. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.
And he is only 16 and could easily put on 15 lbs.

Reaction Score
He's listed at 6'10" and 225 on 24/7, considerably bigger than Comanche and heavier now than Nolan was last year. Just based on that, he could swing between the 4 and 5 as needed. He and Stone would complement each other. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.
There's been a lot of talk about if this big commits, this other one will decide to go elsewhere. If Enoch is anywhere close to 6-10, 225, plus the fact that he's just 16 and could have a little more growing in him, he's looking more an more like a 4/5 combo like Boone, Emeka, and a whole bunch of other bigs we've had in the past that can play either the 4 or 5. We've also discussed often how the 4 & 5 have pretty much been interchangeable in UConn's offense over the years. Yeah, defensively, the bigger is usually matched up against the other team's 5 and the more mobile of the two defends the 4.

What I'm driving at is I can see Enoch playing the 5 with someone like Lubin or Facey playing the 4 next to him. If they add Stone, who I think can play either post position, those two can coexist. We seem to have some nice coverage of both positions for 2015, more than many of us realize. If Brimah returns they'll have him, Nolan, Enoch to share time at the 5, and Enoch, Nolan, Facey and Lubin at the 4. If they add Stone, then that gives them another who can play either spot, though he's likely play primarily at the 5. Where adding Stone or some other big who can play the 5, is that Brimah could end up leaving after this season...not saying he will...and we'd be a tad small at the 5 if Facey or Lubin needed to fill in at the 5.

C

Chief00

Enoch was walking around at the football game with Coach Miller. Enoch is tall but thin. I nodded my head at him and he nodded back as I did not want to talk to him or approach him.
16 years basketball players almost always look thin. You need to look at shoulders, frame and project things.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
Are we dubbing Enoch as better than Facey already? We haven't seen either one of them contribute anything in a UConn uni yet. I am very excited for Enoch and he possesses some great raw ability that I think will develop him into a star for us but I also see the same kind of traits in Facey.

Facey has a real chance to shine at the 4 this year and if he doesn't take that job and run with it this season then he will have to really earn his minutes the following year with Enoch on board

Reaction Score
I can see why you would think that, Dogmania, especially after Enosch Wolf. However, I know the kid (Enoch), from my 4 years at Norwalk High. It is in fact E-Knock.
Wasn't as much that, but a Jewish pronunciation would have a hocking spitting kind of sound, which doesn't exist in English so I thought it might translate to an sh sound. But in hindsight, that thinking was pretty stupid and the ck pronunciation as in knock, makes most sense.

Reaction Score
2814ig7.jpg

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
St. Thomas More is playing at Springfield College over the MLK weekend in January. I don't know their opposition but the field is the best in the land...tons of top high school/prepschool programs.
It will be a great chance to see our latest verbal.

What school is the incoming Roxbury kid going to this year? Isn't it a prep school...wonder if they are in the field too?
BTW: Talented but erratic Chris Baldwin of Central High in Springfield...6'8"...is reclassifying as a 2016'er
and transferring to Notre Dame of Fitchburg. In the article today he acknowledges he has to improve his work ethic...has attracted D1 attention so far [based on potential?]

Reaction Score
Jalen Adams is at Brewster Academy. Great recruiting class so far with an outstanding guard and an outstanding big man. KO has got it goin' on.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Reminds me of an old Abbott and Costello bit about Mrs. Slaughter's famous baseball playing son. "What's his first name? 'e knows."

Reaction Score
St. Thomas More is playing at Springfield College over the MLK weekend in January. I don't know their opposition but the field is the best in the land...tons of top high school/prepschool programs.
It will be a great chance to see our latest verbal.

What school is the incoming Roxbury kid going to this year? Isn't it a prep school...wonder if they are in the field too?
BTW: Talented but erratic Chris Baldwin of Central High in Springfield...6'8"...is reclassifying as a 2016'er
and transferring to Notre Dame of Fitchburg. In the article today he acknowledges he has to improve his work ethic...has attracted D1 attention so far [based on potential?]

I saw Chris Baldwin play at central vs my son 3 years ago as a freshman or soph.........he was about 6'5-6'6 good sized kid already but not at all a hard worker. Had some potential, supposedly an wary offer from UMass according to a guy I was standing with but not anything in the UConn world. Having said that he's going to be 19-20 by the time he leaves ND probably so who knows if he or his game has grown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom