Stanford/Baylor [merged thread] | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Stanford/Baylor [merged thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
By the way, aren't we on borrowed time? I didn't think we were allowed to talk this much about a non-UConn team that doesn't wear orange. Maybe Orrange gives us dispensation?

Beat me to it, Phil!

U

UCONNfan1

That seems hard to believe. If they had lost, you could argue they were expected to lose and shouldn't move down, but they would.

However, if you are #4, beat the number #1 team in the country and don't move a spot....??? Hard to imagine.
I think it would be different if Simms were not injured 4 minutes into the game. From a logic perspective, it would seem you'd need to take that into account. But hey, what do I know. I'd rank them UCONN, Stanford, Duke, Baylor but I think it would be UCONN, Baylor, Duke, Stanford. Or maybe UCONN, Stanford, Baylor, Duke? No idea, really...

Reaction Score
My Guess,

#1 UConn
#2 Baylor
#3 Stanford
#4 Duke

If you are #1 and you lose, you have to drop, maybe only one spot though because of the missing AA. If you knock off #1, you're bound to move up. I know it doesn't seem fair to push Duke back, but it's hard to imagine Stanford jumping to #1 and Baylor falling all the way to #4 after this game. Just my two cents.

Reaction Score
I rank based on who I think is the best team. Without their AA guard, Bay lost to #4 by two. I'd be tempted to keep them #1.

But I imagine many voters will go UConn, Stan, Bay.

U

UCONNfan1

Sheeeeet, people. Isn't this a UCONN board? What is with all the Baylor threads? I looked down the page and saw at least 4 of them on the first page alone relating to Baylor.

I mean seriously, over 5,500 views on the Stanford-Baylor game thread? And over 200 posts? ;)

Reaction Score
I rank based on who I think is the best team. Without their AA guard, Bay lost to #4 by two. I'd be tempted to keep them #1.

I think much will depend on if UConn beats aTm, and if so by how much.

Reaction Score
ST goes to #2 We are #1 Baylor 3 Duke to 4 Though I am not going to worry about it cuz we play ST next month
No way I dont think we drop unless we were to lose to Texas A&M on National TV I expect us to blow them out
w/o Bria Baylor lost so as stated 90 70 game is ours to break IMHO I really thought if healthy Baylor comes into Feb 18th with 65 game winning streak Woulda thought even with Simms going out that it was Baylor win! But oops
Great game to watch and again props to W for the link
Wow
Ira

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
SOOO -- Uconn's 90 game win streak is in no further danger for a long time.
Well for a couple years anyway. (and no I am not channeling Tony) ;)

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score

I figured the question was how they would be ranked, not how posters would rank them.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Baylor men lost in an upset today - can't be all that often that both men and women are both ranked, and lose to lower ranked teams on the same day.

Reaction Score
No. 1 votes will go to Stanford, Baylor & UConn. Baylor will still get 1 votes due to Sims. UConn will get some for being 2. Stanford will get some for beating 1. It'll be UConn, Stanford, Baylor, Duke, and the votes for 1-3 will be close.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
No. 1 votes will go to Stanford, Baylor & UConn. Baylor will still get 1 votes due to Sims. UConn will get some for being 2. Stanford will get some for beating 1. It'll be UConn, Stanford, Baylor, Duke, and the votes for 1-3 will be close.
I agree, but I would flipflop Baylor and Stanford.

Reaction Score
Oops. I just realized I have been misspelling Sims as Simms. ETT, please forgive the misspelling. It is likely to continue for me, since I don't follow Baylor anywhere near as closely as I do UConn. It has taken me two years to break myself of the Steph mistake (misspelling is intentional - I now know it is STEF). And she plays for MY team.

Reaction Score
Listen people , injuries happen. You have to win regardless of changing personnel. That is Mulkeys problem not the AP polls. They look at results. Did any one take into account when we lost Mel or Shea or anyone. Simms could be done for the season! Who knows. You rank on performance!!

Reaction Score
I figured the question was how they would be ranked, not how posters would rank them.

I know this is going to shock you, but on a message board, I decided to give my opinion on a subject. You might not understand this since all of your posts are 100% facts and have no subjectivity to them.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
My Guess,

#1 UConn
#2 Baylor
#3 Stanford
#4 Duke

If you are #1 and you lose, you have to drop, maybe only one spot though because of the missing AA. If you knock off #1, you're bound to move up. I know it doesn't seem fair to push Duke back, but it's hard to imagine Stanford jumping to #1 and Baylor falling all the way to #4 after this game. Just my two cents.
My guess (assuming we win Sunday)
#1 UCONN
#2 Stanford
#3 Duke
#4 Baylor

UCONN, Stanford and Duke are all undefeated. Tough to put a team with a loss ahead of them. But I can't see Baylor dropping any lower than 4th.

Reaction Score
Sheeeeet, people. Isn't this a UCONN board? What is with all the Baylor threads? I looked down the page and saw at least 4 of them on the first page alone relating to Baylor.

I mean seriously, over 5,500 views on the Stanford-Baylor game thread? And over 200 posts? ;)
Yeah. Wanna make something of it? :p

Reaction Score
I see Baylor in 3rd. Reason: With Sims out, the best rated player in the land is expected to place her team on her shoulders and win it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom