Stanford/Baylor [merged thread] | The Boneyard

Stanford/Baylor [merged thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
In Hawaii at 7:30 our time...is it on TV?

I am hoping that Stanford stays within single digits....that would up my hopes for our game with Baylor.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
And again I have to say that this would never happen on the men's side! If #1 played #4 it would most definitely be on television! :-/

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Totally ridiculous. The Big XII, PAC, and Fox (who owns significant TV rights for both conferences) should be completely embarrassed.

HGN

Reaction Score
JUST LOOKED AGAIN, AND THERE IS NO LISTING FOR BAYLOR/STANFORD GAME ON ANY CHANNEL TONIGHT.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
The costs to pickup the game could be exorbitant for Fox or Pac12 Networks. IMHO they probably wouldn't get the viewership to justify the costs. Its a shame that the game is being held in Hawaii instead of at Baylor or Standford. If it was the game would be televised. ESPN should be the network that televised this game.

Reaction Score
I also would like to get a look at Stanford but IMHO Baylor wins this game by at least 20. I think Stanford is the most overrated team in the country.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I also would like to get a look at Stanford but IMHO Baylor wins this game by at least 20. I think Stanford is the most overrated team in the country.

I do love the Cardinal and Tara but I agree that they are overrated. The could lose their first PAC 12 game this season. I assumed it would be to California but after watching the UCLA/OU game I am not so sure just yet who it will be. I do think they are good but not the #4 team in the country. I think Maryland (despite no PG) and Kentucky may be better.

Time will tell thought!

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
Never happen with UCONN women either.
Just sayin', recruits. ;)
:cool:
UCONN Women would be streamed and on TV.
Nuff said.
:cool:
The costs to pickup the game could be exorbitant for Fox or Pac12 Networks. IMHO they probably wouldn't get the viewership to justify the costs. Its a shame that the game is being held in Hawaii instead of at Baylor or Standford. If it was the game would be televised. ESPN should be the network that televised this game.
:) Another great post. Yes, it would seem possible the schools finalized the date/place of the game without first including network participation setting that up... So they plan to start this game 11:30 PM Texas Central Time, and can't get it broadcast? Who'd of guessed???
- No coverage? Pitiful? Yes.
- Unfair? Perhaps, but of course that seems irrelevant in the TV industry, like any industry.
- Because, as the adds read: … ‘You don’t get what you deserve, you get what you negotiate.'
TV Minimum Coverage:
UConn WCBB Enterprise: TV coverage of all its games at a minimum: across 14 million potential households… plus, streaming.
Baylor/Stanford: Zip. (Yes, even combined in a matchup!)
To paraphrase UConn WCBB's motto: 'Negotiate Hard, negotiate Smart,... then you, your recruits, and your fans get to Have Fun.

Reaction Score
ESPN should be covering it as it national game with two top 5 teams, overrated or not. Unfortunately, ESPN has proven they will not spend $ on the women's game. They didn't send a reporter to cover the game either. And Geno wonders why the game has not grown in the last 10 years. Btw, the game is at 6:30pm Central.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
That argument would make more sense to me if SNY wasn't covering Paradise Jam, which is a far less interesting set of games. Fox is making no shortage of money from their agreements with the Big XII and the PAC-12.

Reaction Score
Pac12 network said they had a conflict, not sure what, but Fox or ESPN should be there.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
The Baylor BB site seems to indicate radio coverage (there), doesn't open now (early).
ESPN mum on game tracker

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I'll add link for the live Stream to this thread as well as the separate one I created.

Stanford - Link

Link is from a Michelle Smith Tweet

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Sad to say but you know that people don't take your sport seriously when #1 plays a Top ten and often top 5 team and you can't get TV coverage on the numerous cable and sat channels available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom