South Carolina Postgame Thread[merged thread] | Page 3 | The Boneyard

South Carolina Postgame Thread[merged thread]

Reaction Score
amazing feat for this team to have gotten this far.

perhaps the portal can bring some help to get this team past SoCar

but great achievement for this squad.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
There was some serious trolls in the chat. Not sure what’s up with that. Seems a couple we’re there to really cause problems. Not sure what can be done about that?
You can Report chat posts. I do check during games

Reaction Score
And when your team commits one or more fouls every game because they haven't been required to NOT MOVE WHEN SCREENING, there are consequence. You can teach effective, and legal, screening using two words, "Stand Still!" and requiring discipline.

Difficult to criticize anything about this team, but the Coaching Staff needs to do a thorough, and objective, self-evaluation. Then, Geno needs to fix what's wrong.

Geno, needs to start teaching fundamental. Rebounding position is not standing with your arms fully extended. Want proof? Stand with your arms stright up. Now, try to jump. You've eliminated your arms, and that's not a good way to rebound.

It's shocking, and disgusting that believe we are being outcoached starting from the first day of practice. But I think we are.

I know there are those who will disagree, including some who will do so without engaging objective analysis. We all have opinions, but I think its time to remove the blinders. When you're done learning, you're done.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
First, I'm so proud of this team. They made it to the national title game and just ran into an unstoppable South Carolina team. Add in a sick Azzi and a career night from Henderson and UConn had a tough uphill climb. Having Dorka and a 100% Azzi may have made this game closer, but I think this SC team was always going to win this game. Congratulations to Dawn and South Carolina, they were absolutely the best team this year.

That 1Q was brutal. UConn looked like they were scared to get into foul trouble and it just backfired completely. Unfortunately, our starters did not match up well with South Carolina. We played best with Evina and Caroline in but we had dug too deep of a hole by the time they made their runs, and, as par for the course this year, Evina ended up hurt too.

I wish we could have sent off Evina, Christyn, and Liv with a National Title, but it was just not meant to be. Just want tot say "Thank You" to these seniors for what they've done for this school.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
By the way UConn fans, let's be gracious in defeat as we are in victory. It is really, just a game, and all of these players in WBB deserve our respect and admiration for the hard work and long hours they've put into becoming the fine young women they are. WBB is after all a space for women and that too needs to be preserved by our graciousness, support, and our love.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
There was some serious trolls in the chat. Not sure what’s up with that. Seems a couple we’re there to really cause problems. Not sure what can be done about that?
I made the decision several years ago to stay out of the chat room. That's the best way to deal with the trolls and ignoramuses.

Reaction Score
I am sure the specifics of why will be discussed in excruciating detail but once you get past the disappointment, South Carolina is just better. Still think Geno and his staff did a fabulous job this year.
They appear set to go on a run similar to UConn. Boston comes back with a strong supporting cast ie Cardosa plus a another strong recruiting class.

Reaction Score
a fast small guard put up a career performance does that sound familiar? SC was the best team all season, tip off the cap to them and Dawn Staley is going to be a force in wbb esp after Geno retires.

And I agree with the negativity towards Williams and Olivia need to stop, they did their best and gave 4 years each of great memories to this team. Please be respectful.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
Team had a great run. Few comments

1. We basically lost in the first 5 minutes
2. No Azzi really hurt the O
3. The rebounding was the only real disappointment
4. Never would have thought their guards would outplay ours
5. Props to Henderson. She was a difference maker.
6. Thought PB, AE played well.
7. Every time we made a run, we just couldn't get over the hump.
8. I feel like Aubrey's athleticism might have helped.

THE FUTURE IS BRIGHT
First 5 minutes of each half. Why start the same 5 that was a disaster in the 1st half a repeat of a final four loss to ND

Reaction Score
Sometimes you just have to tip your hat and acknowledge that you are outmatched. They were just better! I thought Henderson was the one who really hurt us. We did a good job on Boston but their senior guard just killed us. We’ll be back next year, though! Looking forward to next season. Hopefully, things will be a little less stressful and our team will be more experienced and stronger in the post!

Reaction Score
Congrats to the Gamecocks. They were bigger, longer, faster and better. Seems like they got every 50/50 ball and every rebound. They wanted it more. Congrats to our Huskies. They overcame a lot of adversities during the season to get to the title game. Injuries after injuries and then Juhaz going down in the E8. However, no team is immune to injuries. I’m proud of them. To the seniors, thank you! Evina gave it her all. It was a good run. I will wait patiently as the spring, summer and autumn comes and goes and for the Huskies to suit up again. I love this team. As always, GO HUSKIES!

Reaction Score
We just didn't have it today. SC matches up really well against this lineup of players. Being dinged up to the extent we were this year made it even harder to compete.

If we had had no significant injury issues - that is, if we went into this game with no sick Azzi, a healthy Dorka, a healthy Griffin, etc., I think it would've been much closer to even out there, but still not quite tilted in our favor.

Congrats to Dawn and SC.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Our play was gonna have to be as perfect as it could be, and get some "help" from SC, same as the game vs Stanford, and that didn't happen. My heart goes out to Evina who did everything she could, and to get injured today was sad.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom