South Carolina Game Canceled; UConn @ Depaul Wed Jan 26 (merged thread) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

South Carolina Game Canceled; UConn @ Depaul Wed Jan 26 (merged thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Maybe ESPN sent a little message to quash this. A 30 pt MOV game with UConn potentially unable to even make the team minimum of players? Move another game into the time slot?

Reaction Score
Was looking forward to the game but was also worried about how South Carolina was going to make up the SEC game that was cancelled/ppd earlier due to COVID in Ole Miss’ program. Would have hated to lose an SEC title by a 1/2 game because we played one less game. Sucks to have to cancel a UConn match up, at home, that we would have been favored. At least we played once already and there’s always another possible meeting in the NCAAT.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
It sounds like Geno & Dawn Staley have a positive relationship. I can think of a few coaches who would have been met with animosity over a last minute cancellation. Good for both coaches working together!!
They’re long time friend, fellow Philadelphians. I’m pretty sure he recruited Dawn to Virginia when he was an assistant there

Reaction Score
This has nothing to do with Covid.

SC has a replacement game scheduled for Thursday against Miss St.
Weird why do they have a replacement game? What even is a "replacement" game?

Reaction Score
Weird why do they have a replacement game? What even is a "replacement" game?
More accurately it is a make up game. These two were scheduled to play to open SEC play, then it got ppd.

Reaction Score
One of the few games on the schedule against a measuring stick opponent. Another disappointment in this !@#$ season.
There is no measuring stick. Some of our best players are out and that includes arguably the best women's college basketball player. We shouldn't be measuring ourselves against anyone right now. The goal should be to survive and get healthy and stay healthy.

Reaction Score
There is no measuring stick. Some of our best players are out and that includes arguably the best women's college basketball player. We shouldn't be measuring ourselves against anyone right now. The goal should be to survive and get healthy and stay healthy.
I disagree wholeheartedly.

Reaction Score
SC canceling is fine by me............it would have been a really tough one to win under the present circumstances........playing Depaul right now isn't going to be a picnic either...........a very good test for the current players......

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I was thinking the probability of South Carolina losing at least 1-2 players to covid was likely. It is probably sweeping South Carolina right now in the same way it has been sweeping the northeast the past few weeks. It's other teams time in the barrel for a while.
Covid is rampant in SC right now. I've had more employees out this month than I wish to recall, but the team doesn't currently have anyone out for the first time in over a month.

Reaction Score
While this is a good thing for UCONN at this point in time... it is bad for Women's Basketball... All those fans who had tickets to see the game... to cancel it... they wanted to see SC UCONN... it would be one thing if the game was cancelled... but to cancel it to put in a different team... that is inexcusable.

Reaction Score
I was looking forward to a competitive game against two top teams. But, if UCONN’s lineup would have been the same as today’s lineup, I don’t think it would have been a competitive game. The outcome wouldn’t have helped either team. Get healthy, stay healthy and beat Tennessee.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I was thinking that the UConn team playing now is better than Mizzou without Blackwell and I believe they are better than Mizzou with Blackwell. So, it was possible that UConn could beat SC this Thursday, but not probable. As most of you know, Mizzou beat SC while playing without their best player, Blackwell. The biggest difference is that Mizzou has better three-point shooters and more of them. Also, they were playing at home. It may not be long until UConn will have at least two more accurate three-point shooters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom