Source close to Kevin Ollie says he plans to visit with Lakers in coming weeks about head-coaching j | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Source close to Kevin Ollie says he plans to visit with Lakers in coming weeks about head-coaching j

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't think you can actually bet on this. They put lines out for stuff like the Acadamy Awards for entertainment purposes.

You can bet on it and Ollie is not the universal favorite for the job at +250. Next closest are Byron Scott and Thibodeau at +500 and Mark Jackson at +600

Reaction Score
I would be more worried for KO than for UConn when it comes to the NBA. Look at Mark Jackson: fired after 3 seasons after making the playoffs for the last two. It's a constant coaching carousel, which would provide no stability for a young head coach who is still learning and growing.

Reaction Score
The average current tenure length in the NBA is 2.4 seasons accordingn to SBNation.

Reaction Score
What is wrong with speaking to them? Other "big splash" names mentioned are Steve Kerr (who last week was a given to take the Knick job) and Fred Hoiberg. So, three of the "splashers" have zero NBA head coaching experience, combined.

A major difference between Ollie, Kerr and Hoiberg is that Kerr and Hoiberg have had NBA front office jobs. That could be a factor down the road for another NBA head coaching vacancy.

Byron Scott is the best fit for the LAL job.

Why would Ollie want to deal with with Kobe Bryant for at least 2 years? I am relatively sure they'd get along as players, but Ollie being Kobe's superior?

Bottom line is that Ollie's Head Coaching cache consists of 70 games of coaching 18-22 year old (or so) kids. If I were Kerr or Hoiberg I'd stay the hell away from there too, a bad team run on the court by a has-been bully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom