Source close to Kevin Ollie says he plans to visit with Lakers in coming weeks about head-coaching j | The Boneyard

Source close to Kevin Ollie says he plans to visit with Lakers in coming weeks about head-coaching j

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Some somewhat good news
"According to insidesocal.com, a source familiar with Ollie’s thinking said on Wednesday, “He’ll listen, but he’s real committed to his alma mater.”

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
@CBTonNBC: Report: Los Angeles Lakers interested in North Carolina head coach Roy Williams http://post original url/LGi6CC72ma

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I really really don't like this.

I'll try not to hold anything against KO if he leaves, but it'd be a crushing blow.

Would be tough to listen back to all the dream job talk, ten toes talk as well.

I'm not saying it's right or even justified to feel that way - but it's how I'd feel.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
C'mon man, it's just a repeat of the same source that's already posted in at least two other threads.

And once again, this part is omitted:
People are being real idiots here. I mean, even moreso than usual.
This is what happens when you don't win at least one championship for a month.

Reaction Score
Just passing on the info. Thought it was a big deal. Ko going to L.A. is not a good sign

It's all good, just saying this quote is in 2 or 3 other threads

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Am I the only one who feels no threat of KO leaving UConn right now? He probably will at some point but not now.
No. I agree with you. If you are his agent you are telling him not to take it off the table in the middle of negotiations, and I'm sure his camp knows the script. If asked, what are they supposed to say?
Hell, KO may even want to listen because he's the kind of guy who believes you listen, so you know what you are passing up and it helps inform your decisions in the future.

I have zero concern that he is leaving us anytime soon.

U

UCONNfan1

Am I the only one who feels no threat of KO leaving UConn right now? He probably will at some point but not now.
I'm with you on feeling "no threat of him leaving", but I'm getting a sour taste in my mouth with how he's handling this. Much as I hate the Squid, he came right out and said "not now, not interested".

Instead of doing that and telling LA "thanks but no thanks", he's actually going out to meet with them. I'm disappointed no matter what Ollie's reasoning is. I could see if LA were to offer some ridiculous salary of maybe $6-8 million per year, but what I'm learning about Ollie is it's only 10 toes in if nothing better comes along.

Reaction Score
Does it make you feel important to start a thread with the same news as other threads? Amazing...Look at me...look at me....

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
C'mon man, it's just a repeat of the same source that's already posted in at least two other threads.

And once again, this part is omitted:
People are being real idiots here. I mean, even moreso than usual.

I mean, our head coach is now planning on meeting with the premiere franchise in the NBA and it's his hometown team.

If you're not at least somewhat concerned, Idk what it will take.

Reaction Score
tcf15 said:
This is what happens when you don't win at least one championship for a month.

This hasn't been a good stretch. We didn't win the Masters, and people made excuses ("we have a parade to go to", "green isn't our color", etc.). And then we couldn't even win the Kentucky Derby - even though we own Kentucky and have plenty of horses.

It doesn't take long to go from a harmless dry spell to a serious drought.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'm with you on feeling "no threat of him leaving", but I'm getting a sour taste in my mouth with how he's handling this. Much as I hate the Squid, he came right out and said "not now, not interested".

Instead of doing that and telling LA "thanks but no thanks", he's actually going out to meet with them. I'm disappointed no matter what Ollie's reasoning is. I could see if LA were to offer some ridiculous salary of maybe $6-8 million per year, but what I'm learning about Ollie is it's only 10 toes in if nothing better comes along.
The Squid is not in the middle of contract negotiations. He already cashed in and he is trying to hold and woo recruits.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I mean, our head coach is now planning on meeting with the premiere franchise in the NBA and it's his hometown team.

If you're not at least somewhat concerned, Idk what it will take.
It takes reading a situation and understanding how people are supposed to act.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
It takes reading a situation and understanding how people are supposed to act.

Nobody on here knows what KO is thinking or what he's likely to do.

To act like it's a foregone conclusion one way or another doesn't make sense but I mean if he's actually meeting the Lakers then I'm concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom