Sooo… Who is are QB gonna be? | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Sooo… Who is are QB gonna be?

Reaction Score
Bottom line is a healthy Roberson lasted less than 2 series last year. This year Roberson is coming off an ACL. Going on the assumption Roberson does win out, there is still a strong probability ZT takes significant snaps this season (Even if Fagnano is second on the depth chart).

You can get ZT 4 games and still redshirt.

Reaction Score
A freshman can play 4 games and retain his red shirt. Not sure ZT as a sophomore can do the same. I hope you are right.
as long as the player hasn’t redshirted before, they can do this. it can be done a second time if the season is cut short due to injury. first redshirt doesn’t require injury

Reaction Score
That was a pretty easy call. Unless ZT took a huge leap, there was no way. I hope they treat him right, though. He deserves that.
I was at the FIU game last year. A big crew of ZT family and friends in UConn Jerseys and attire. Very impressed by their support for the team and hoping he does find a way to contribute regardless of what happens in the short run.

Reaction Score
ZT is the epitome of what we want here at UConn as a student athlete IMO.

He showed incredible grit playing as a true freshman. People tearing him up here and elsewhere but we came one bad call away from making that bowl game very interesting.

I too, was critical of ZT but he kind of won me over by the end of the season. He made some dang nice down the field throws near end of the season to an injury plagued / mediocre receiving core.

He didn’t win the position for this year based on last years performance but he certainly didn’t preclude himself either.

I trust in Mora to make the right call.

I agree, due to issues with our line in the past even the 4th string QB might see some snaps :) but this post more about appreciating what ZT contributed to our program last year.

Reaction Score
The QB that gives us the best chance to win should be the starter. I’ll defer to Mora’s ability to make that decision.

Given our track record over past 10 seasons, anyone who thinks the starter in Game 1 will be starter in Game 5 let alone 2nd half of Game 1 hasn’t been watching.

Reaction Score
The QB that gives us the best chance to win should be the starter. I’ll defer to Mora’s ability to make that decision.

Given our track record over past 10 seasons, anyone who thinks the starter in Game 1 will be starter in Game 5 let alone 2nd half of Game 1 hasn’t been watching.
On the other hand, ZT started 11 games and played most of the first game. Perhaps a counter-example that proves your point?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
On the other hand, ZT started 11 games and played most of the first game. Perhaps a counter-example that proves your point?

Umm, it completely proves the point.

Game 1 starter was Roberson. Game 5 starter was Turner.

Reaction Score
If ZT is the 3rd string Quarterback…we are in good shape…because he started all last year and I would assume he is even better this year..and we won 6 games last year.. along with better receivers and healthy running backs ..a very good o-line… and most of our defense coming back… i think we will have a much better team this coming year

Reaction Score
If ZT is the 3rd string Quarterback…we are in good shape…because he started all last year and I would assume he is even better this year..and we won 6 games last year.. along with better receivers and healthy running backs ..a very good o-line… and most of our defense coming back… i think we will have a much better team this coming year
I think that we’ll be better, down by down, is almost a given. Turning that into more wins than last year, however, is not a given. Among other things, it will mean needing to win more than one game on the road.

Reaction Score
Umm, it completely proves the point.

Game 1 starter was Roberson. Game 5 starter was Turner.
Droll humor I assume. But the prior point was that ZT was only shy of a complete season of starting by one series plus one play.

Reaction Score
I think that we’ll be better, down by down, is almost a given. Turning that into more wins than last year, however, is not a given. Among other things, it will mean needing to win more than one game on the road.
Please, not while we have our rose colored glasses on. Let us have our moment to bask in the glow of unrealistic expectations. But if HCJM and the boys do it again this year, I guess we will all have to become believers.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Charlton's comments give very strong vibes towards one QB being ahead of the pack:

Nick Charlton, the team’s offensive coordinator, said Roberson has come a long way in his time at UConn.

“I mean, he’s an elite passer,” Charlton said. “I mean, he can throw the ball second to none. There’s a lot of guys I’ve been around that have the arm talent that he has, especially if he’s not a six-foot four quarterback, but he has movement skills. Obviously, he can run, and we’ll be able to do that. But, I think it’s running the show, being accurate, being on time. I think the game started to slow down a lot for him. You know, as he’s gotten older, he’s been able to see the game and, you know, you need those reps, you need a lot of reps. You got to see that stuff.”

https://www.wtnh.com/sports/uconn-h..._medium=referral&utm_source=post original url

Reaction Score
Zion Red Shirt please. A year with the clipboard will make him so much better.
redshirts aren’t really decided till the end of the year he can still play 4 games and get his redshirt. Jack Z redshirted in 2021

Reaction Score
I think that is right. Unless Turner regressed over the off season --highly unlikely-- he set the minimum standard for the starting QB this year. So it is reasonable to assume if someone beat him out, we will improve at the position this season.

We'll see soon enough.

Reaction Score
The Courant has TR at 2-1, Fagnaro at 5-1, and ZT at 7-1. I think it is pretty clear.

If TR is that much better than ZT, just think of what might have been last year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom