Sooo… Who is are QB gonna be? | The Boneyard

Sooo… Who is are QB gonna be?

Reaction Score
Any updates or any ideas. Would love to see Zion make a big leap this year. Or do we go back to Taquan assuming he’s fully healthy?

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
I would guess it will be Fagnano. He is the most accomplished of them all by a good margin, and presumably he didn't transfer here to sit

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Going into summer ball I think it will be Roberson for the first few games. If he doesn't run away with it, then I'm not sure if its Fagnano or ZT second out of the chute. ZT did look a touch more confident in that glorified open practice to end the season. McDonald is clearly here to red shirt this year and compete next year.

I think Roberson's ability to run might work very nicely with this stable of RBs and offense in general. The big Q is whether he can run again...run like you need in a college football game.

Reaction Score
Interesting. You thought there was anything useful to say about this between when we finished spring practice and discussed it and the start of summer practices? Why exactly? One of us stayed at a Holiday Inn?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I was going to wait until this weekend to start a thread in this.

I honestly think it's:

1. Turner
2. Fagnano
3. Roberson

Most important criteria for a QB is dependability, availability or reliability. You invest time and energy on an injury prone QB and all that time is wasted on developing another QB.

I am not convinced you invest in Roberson.

I think Turner earns the keys but he actually has a leash this year and Fagnano can come in quickly as a back up and execute the playbook.

Reaction Score
We'll find out in 2 1/2 weeks. I give it a week into practice

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I was going to wait until this weekend to start a thread in this.

I honestly think it's:

1. Turner
2. Fagnano
3. Roberson

Most important criteria for a QB is dependability, availability or reliability. You invest time and energy on an injury prone QB and all that time is wasted on developing another QB.

I am not convinced you invest in Roberson.

I think Turner earns the keys but he actually has a leash this year and Fagnano can come in quickly as a back up and execute the playbook.
I would flip that order. No way you trust Zion to have figured it out when he actually regressed during the season. He may get there, but he definitely hasn't earned the starting role.

Reaction Score
I would flip that order. No way you trust Zion to have figured it out when he actually regressed during the season. He may get there, but he definitely hasn't earned the starting role.
Unless there has been a major transformation, Turner has shown little to indicate he is a quality FBS QB after a whole season of game reps. Competitive kid but generally inaccurate, poor field vision, slow processor, and not a great runner. Get a good QB under center that can and throw accurately and we will be in good shape.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Unless there has been a major transformation, Turner has shown little to indicate he is a quality FBS QB after a whole season of game reps. Competitive kid but generally inaccurate, poor field vision, slow processor, and not a great runner. Get a good QB under center that can and throw accurately and we will be in good shape.
I am not saying he can't develop...but we haven't seen him develop yet...so I can't see how you can say he is #1. Hopefully he does get better...but right now I would say he is behind Roberson and Fagnano.

huskidork

bailey
Reaction Score
no clue at all, but I have a feeling it's Roberson I just like him a lot more than the other two, though none of these options are entirely bad I think we're pretty set at QB whoever it is.

Reaction Score
man i miss tyler phommachanh. - 2021 season was a tragedy of epic proportions, but I really enjoyed watching him for that short stretch of "fairly" competitive games. Would have loved to see him back with a healthy knee, under Mora's direction. Dang...

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
man i miss tyler phommachanh. - 2021 season was a tragedy of epic proportions, but I really enjoyed watching him for that short stretch of "fairly" competitive games. Would have loved to see him back with a healthy knee, under Mora's direction. Dang...
Tyler Phommachanh is the new Charlie Weist.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

No disagreeing. Kinda.

Oddly enough I think Fagnano is safest bet as the back up and #2.

I give Turner all the slack from last year learning on the fly with all his top WR's hurt.

I think the 2023 battle between Roberson and Turner will be much better than the 2022 competition between them was.

I do know if Turner plays the same way this fall camp as he did in games last year, he will be buried on the bench. I am confident he will be better but better may not be good enough.

Reaction Score
I’m sure the coaches are at least leaning towards their choice between Turner and Fagnano. The wild card remains Roberson who won the job last fall but has far, far less game experience now than either guy he is competing with.

We will have to see.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I’m sure the coaches are at least leaning towards their choice between Turner and Fagnano. The wild card remains Roberson who won the job last fall but has far, far less game experience now than either guy he is competing with.

We will have to see.

Would you agree whomever emerges this camp had a tougher battle to the top spot than Roberson had last season?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I give Turner all the slack from last year learning on the fly with all his top WR's hurt.
I'd like to give Turner all the slack last year and I did up until the bowl game. But man, that was a eye-openingly bad performance. I know you win as a team and lose as a team but... If he's the starter, I'm going to be decidedly less optimistic.

Reaction Score
Would you agree whomever emerges this camp had a tougher battle to the top spot than Roberson had last season?
Yes. There is little reason to think that Turner isn’t better today than he was a year ago (his nerves in the bowl game notwithstanding), and that alone means Roberson or Fagnano will have to do more than Roberson did last year to start on opening day.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom