Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley | Page 50 | The Boneyard

Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yup, Pitt could be a career killer just like Rutgers and BC, but money talks I guess.
Rutgers and BC as career killers? They are rolling in dough, as is Pitt. Doesn't matter if they win or lose, they get their B1G/ ACC payout. UConn could be a career killer as well. Ask KO. You guys are really, really, not in touch with the reality of UConn at this time.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
might want to change it to FrankMartin2018
Not a bad fallback choice at all.....guy took an after thought USC East program and made them
Competitive..made a final 4

Reaction Score
So close to 50 pages. Providing a helpful nudge.

Good idea! Hurley is clearly waiting to go to the first program whose message board racks up a 50-page thread on his coaching decision.

We’ll have to see if he’s willing to count off-topic posts about CT taxes and politics as part of the total. If not, we may need to get this thread up to about 70 pages or so before he pulls the trigger.

Reaction Score
Good idea! Hurley is clearly waiting to go to the first program who’s message board racks up a 50-page thread on his coaching decision.

We’ll have to see if he’s willing to count off-topic posts about CT taxes and politics as part of the total. If not, we may need to get this thread up to about 70 pages or so before he pulls the trigger.

We definitely have the best pizza thread...and the best pizza.

Reaction Score
might want to change it to FrankMartin2018

An E8 & Final4 on the resume. @ South Car. and KState. I mean the guy can coach good basketball.

Just not what people would consider the quintessential UConn guy because of his previous BCS head coaching experience.

JMHO

Reaction Score
Not a bad fallback choice at all.....guy took an after thought USC East program and made them
Competitive..made a final 4
I'm sorry, but if UConn can't land its first choice, then that alone is a statement of the status of UConn athletics on the national scene.

Reaction Score
We definitely have the best pizza thread...and the best pizza.

Sold! That better have been part of Benedict’s sales pitch: “Dan, we have — without a doubt — the best pizza-related threads on our fan message board. That’s something URI or Pitt frankly can’t offer you. Think it over.”

Reaction Score
Rutgers and BC as career killers? They are rolling in dough, as is Pitt. Doesn't matter if they win or lose, they get their B1G/ ACC payout.
Yes, because that's what fans care about, and why coaches personally take jobs. The university getting cash.

Coaches want to win. They don't do that at Rutgers or BC. Outside of 2 years of Howland or so, and a streak with Dixon, Pitt hasn't either.

Reaction Score
I just can’t see him choosing Pitt. This is all misdirection. I have to believe we’d get ouroffer close enough to Pitt’s. This is all about pride now. This is too Public we need to lock him up. This is OUR guy, we ain’t going out like this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom