Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley | Page 33 | The Boneyard

Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
File for the trademark. Do it now

And give me 5%. Thanks in advance. Oh, and non-sequential bills please. :)
I'm probably infringing on someone's copyright for the dang Hollywood sign.

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
Has anyone heard that URI has published a memo to it's adminstration that Hurley is going to uconn?

I simply can’t believe that. Would’ve leaked already.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I don't think the Pitt job is as bad as people are making it out to be... it's not like Pitt is a wasteland of a basketball school. They have a history of some success, are in the ACC, and Hurley has a track record of turning programs around, quickly. Not a bad gig for $3 mil+. Plus he can start fresh with his own footprint.

Having said that, the UConn job is better, assuming Jalen/AG/Wilson/etc. are staying. And assuming UConn are offering in the $3 mil range.

The major difference between Pitt and UCONN, aside from the obvious conference disparity, is that Pitt has been and will likely always be a football first school, even during the 2000's when they became nationally relevant in BB for a while. UCONN has been and will always be a basketball first school. That should make some difference to a guy as smart as Hurley is.

Reaction Score
Post from URI Board: (from a different person right after that PC fan posted about his friend who texted that Hurley is staying)

A friend of mine who is the personal attorney of a B of T member at UConn told me 20 minutes ago that "This DEAL is COOKED and BAKED..." meaning all the conjecture of Dan Hurley to the University of Connecticut is OVER.

Hurley will be the next coach at Connecticut. Money was the most important factor but not the only one. There was clearly no sensitivity or regard for players and fans of URI. Yes of course he feels bad for Russell et al. BUT the cash cow element of this takes precedent. It is all business.

Sorry its over. I tried in another post to help disclose some important info. I understand the mods actions. Respected and understood!

Reaction Score
Blauds has absolutely nothing new in that story. IMHO anything he may get is gonna be from Calhoun

Blauds’ teaser is probably speculation that if Willard goes to Pitt then Hurley would be interested in coaching at his alma mater. It’s revolutionary ground breaking analysis that any nitwit with dial up Internet could come across for free.

Reaction Score
URI is so low budget they don't even have a t-shirt canon...and hurley thinks they'll build him a new practice facility...

Was at a John Oliver show and he said that the t-shirt canon was one of America's greatest innovations... UConn has a freakin gattling gun t-shirt canon..
That alone should be enough to get both Hurley to UConn and us into a P5 conference..

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Was at a John Oliver show and he said that the t-shirt canon was one of America's greatest innovations... UConn has a freakin gattling gun t-shirt canon..
That alone should be enough to get both Hurley to UConn and us into a P5 conference..

I could not agree more.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Post from URI Board: (from a different person right after that PC fan posted about his friend who texted that Hurley is staying)

A friend of mine who is the personal attorney of a B of T member at UConn told me 20 minutes ago that "This DEAL is COOKED and BAKED..." meaning all the conjecture of Dan Hurley to the University of Connecticut is OVER.

Hurley will be the next coach at Connecticut. Money was the most important factor but not the only one. There was clearly no sensitivity or regard for players and fans of URI. Yes of course he feels bad for Russell et al. BUT the cash cow element of this takes precedent. It is all business.

Sorry its over. I tried in another post to help disclose some important info. I understand the mods actions. Respected and understood!
Sounds sketchy to me.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure roughly a quarter of the people following this situation closely just got duped by that year-old Hurley extension article. Guessing that's what the other guy on the URI board is referencing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom