Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley | Page 32 | The Boneyard

Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
No idea who this rando Twitter user is but he's claiming he's not trolling and has sources at UConn and URI:

If Phavre Phan is on board, then so am I.

6903572454_8757d75936.jpg

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
My friend used to fling the t-shirts into the crowd with the slingshot thing. He thinks Hurley will be hired by close of business.

URI is so low budget they don't even have a t-shirt canon...and hurley thinks they'll build him a new practice facility...

Reaction Score
This is worse than one of those recruiting threads when a kid is getting ready to announce his decision. I'm staying off the Yard. Someone text me when UConn issues a press release on Hurley's signing. :)

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
URI is so low budget they don't even have a t-shirt canon...and hurley thinks they'll build him a new practice facility...

For the record, when I was in school it wasn't a cannon. It was a three person slingshot. Technology has evolved so much.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
@the Q are you Mark Bland? I got a follow this morning.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I got a text from a friend (no clue what twitter source he got it from) that says Hurley signed an extension through 2023-24. Twitter sources are like buttholes, everyone's got one.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I know nothing (as do most of us), but my understanding is that Hurley is a pretty stand up guy and would not just leave URI without first meeting w/ the AD et al. There's an article out there about him leaving St. Benedict's and how he was shaken and initially was unable to even state that he was leaving due to his belief in loyalty. Generally, where there's smoke, etc. So I'd expect Hurley to properly address his departure with URI and then make wherever he's going, official. Certainly hope it is here.

That makes Hurley better than Lute Olson, Randy Edsall, Ben Howland, Brian Kelly, Todd Graham, and a number of other collegiate head coaches who didn't think it was necessary or important to say goodbye to their teams before leaving to take other jobs. Hurley deserves high marks for that.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Not that I'm superstitious or anything, but I'll feel a lot better if we hear a decision today; I am an Aries, which starts tomorrow. Trust me, you don't want to mess with a rising ram.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
@the Q are you Mark Bland? I got a follow this morning.

I had to look up what you were referring to.

No, I'm not.

Q for me refers to a childhood nickname for my hair cut.

It would do just Q but none of the message boards let you have a one character name.

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
I got a text from a friend (no clue what twitter source he got it from) that says Hurley signed an extension through 2023-24. Twitter sources are like buttholes, everyone's got one.
Is your friend Robert L.A.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom