Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley | Page 35 | The Boneyard

Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
I talked to a student manager on the men's team and he says nothing is done "as far as he knows."

He’s not gonna know anything. He’s a student manager.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
A friend of mine who is the personal attorney of a B of T member at UConn told me 20 minutes ago that "This DEAL is COOKED and BAKED..." meaning all the conjecture of Dan Hurley to the University of Connecticut is OVER.

The funny thing, is that this can be interpreted exactly the opposite of what you are saying haha.

Reaction Score
Don't like the sounds of things right now.

Nothing has changed. Pitt was always offering more money. Hurley was always preferring us despite a slightly higher offer. He was always going back to URI to ask for more improvements, and they were never going to have the tens of millions for a practice facility.

Reaction Score
How so? As much disdain as we may have for Pitt, they're apparently playing with more bottom line revenues ...
Obviously not knowing when the offer was made, it feels like the ship was pulling away from the dock and Pitt wasn't on board so they tossed a big bag of cash at him. Of course, the offer was probably made prior to all the Hurley to UConn stories started popping up but that was just my gut reaction to it.

Reaction Score
Are you an insider?

Not an insider. But do have 20+ years negotiating deals in a competitive bid environment. The longer this goes back and forth the more feelings are hurt, and college basketball at this level is a very small world.

Reaction Score
If my right knee aches before my left, we'll know he's going to pitt.

Left knee before the right = uconn.

No ache = URI

Will update in 20 mins.

Reaction Score
How so? As much disdain as we may have for Pitt, they're apparently playing with more bottom line revenues ...
Because if this is true they are offering to make Hurley one of the 10 highest paid coaches in MBB (more than Bennett and Marshall, somewhere in the vicinity of Beilein).

I like Hurley, and it might be a fair wage, maybe, but the guy hasn't yet made it to a S16.

Seems like they know they can't get him any other way, and are just throwing money at him in a last ditch effort.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That's a hell of a hail mary. Basically squeezed URI out. Now is up to UConn if they want to play this hand or not.
So do we match or just narrow the gap? On some levels I wouldn't mind the narrative being "DH took less to play at UConn."

Reaction Score

This latest Pitt offer should knock URI out of the running. No way can they afford that salary level AND a new practice facility and more charter flights etc. UConn's offer should end up fairly close to what Pitt is offering, IMO, along with all the facilities and extras that Hurley is looking for. Think he'll look at UConn as having the best overall package, including location, and it will be done very soon.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I’m getting a feeling that I’m sitting at a table playing poker with Tony Terzi and Ray Kasongo.

I've said it before, but given what goes on underneith the table, Kasongo might be the smartes guy in the room.

May have shimmied his way into a top level recruit payoff when all added up.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
This latest Pitt offer should knock URI out of the running. No way can they afford that salary level AND a new practice facility and more charter flights etc. UConn's offer should end up fairly close to what Pitt is offering, IMO, along with all the facilities and extras that Hurley is looking for. Think he'll look at UConn as having the best overall package, including location, and it will be done very soon.
Could UConn have waited to see what Pitt was going to offer and then make their offer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom