So... UConn 56 - URI 49 | The Boneyard

So... UConn 56 - URI 49

How do feel after this game?

• Great! 56 points, what's not to like?

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • Good. We needed a win and now we have one.

Votes: 77 41.4%
  • Okay. This may be the only game we win.

Votes: 64 34.4%
  • Bad. We gave up 49 points. Crocker is officially on the clock

Votes: 29 15.6%
  • OMG QUIT FBS! We barely won a squeaker against a FCS team (again.)

Votes: 9 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Is the glass half empty or have full?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Offense can move the ball against lesser defenses but not necessarily with the original play call.

The defense is beyond horrific. Hope they get better but they saved the game at the end. Does anyone doubt that if URI scores they go for 2 and win?

Pindell is not what we need at QB, has no instinct for the position. He is what we have this season so I hope the others are in deep preparation for next season.

There are games to be won if they improve. They need to improve.

Reaction Score
Offense can move the ball against lesser defenses but not necessarily with the original play call.

The defense is beyond horrific. Hope they get better but they saved the game at the end. Does anyone doubt that if URI scores they go for 2 and win?

Pindell is not what we need at QB, has no instinct for the position. He is what we have this season so I hope the others are in deep preparation for next season.

There are games to be won if they improve. They need to improve.
Pindell is the only reason we won that game

Reaction Score
Pindell is the only reason we won that game

No.

We have some good players on offense and they as a group dominated URI's FCS defense. Pindell can tuck and run, but he is not a good passing QB.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
I thought he threw it well today. 90+ QBR.

There's definitely room for approvement moving forward.

Needs to know when to throw it away.

Should make some quicker reads.

C

Chief00

Chief has been saying we should blitz more since we can’t cover anyways. Randy effectively overruled Crocker the last series of downs and started blitzing from the edge. Number 22 Thomas had two huge plays.
Earlier Hahn blitzed up the middle but it was basically ineffective since he got swallowed up.

I am sorry but the DB’s have very poor technique on their coverage.

Too much detail to cover on this very busy weekend, but perhaps some day Chief will write a post regarding what ways the technique needs to be improved. Does anyone have interest in Chief doing that?

Reaction Score
Too much detail to cover on this very busy weekend, but perhaps some day Chief will write a post regarding what ways the technique needs to be improved. Does anyone have interest in Chief doing that?

Do you really think the defensive coaches (position coaches and defensive coordinator) and Edsall don’t know what needs to be improved?

Reaction Score
Chief has been saying we should blitz more since we can’t cover anyways. Randy effectively overruled Crocker the last series of downs and started blitzing from the edge. Number 22 Thomas had two huge plays.
Earlier Hahn blitzed up the middle but it was basically ineffective since he got swallowed up.

I am sorry but the DB’s have very poor technique on their coverage.

It would not surprise me if Crocker is canned Monday morning.

Reaction Score
I thought he threw it well today. 90+ QBR.

There's definitely room for approvement moving forward.

Needs to know when to throw it away.

Should make some quicker reads.
he's not perfect but he's arguably the best player on the team. Tom Brady isn't walking through the door but that's what some people here seem to expect.

C

Chief00

Do you really think the defensive coaches (position coaches and defensive coordinator) and Edsall don’t know what needs to be improved?

Reading comprehension should come before sarcasm. My offer was to this board not the coaches. As for Crocker, he’s on the clock.

Reaction Score
Reading comprehension should come before sarcasm. My offer was to this board not the coaches. As for Crocker, he’s on the clock.
crocker became a lame duck DC the second we stepped onto the field against UCF and came out with 4 down lineman.

Reaction Score

They do, however Crocker's list of priorities (most important to least important) is not the same as Edsall's. Crocker needs to teach some fundamentals or he's gone very soon.

C

Chief00

It would not surprise me if Crocker is canned Monday morning.
It is contrary to Randy’s usual style. He just talked this week how important continuity is in a coaching staff.
Having said that, it’s probably inevitable. When something is inevitable Chief likes to do it quickly. He is already being overruled on key issues and at critical times. Another practical matter is - who would be available during the season? Also, Dave has had a fair amount of coaching drama this past year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
They do, however Crocker's list of priorities (most important to least important) is not the same as Edsall's. Crocker needs to teach some fundamentals or he's gone very soon.

Edsall sees the same thing that Crocker does - you can only correct poor fundamentals so quickly. It’s why he goes on his rants. If kids have underlying talent/speed but have struggled to develop it’s hard to turn that around in a summer of limited contact practices. Tackling rolling foam donuts only goes so far. The majority are freshman direct out of high school. It’s not an indictment of previous coaching - the game is faster and there are so many variables coming out of high school.

Reaction Score
It is contrary to Randy’s usual style. He just talked this week how important continuity is in a coaching staff.
Having said it’s probably inevitable. When something is inevitable Chief likes to do it quickly. He is already being overruled on key issues and at critical times. Another practical matter is - who would be available during the season? Also Dave has had a fair amount of coaching drama this past year.
Then Edsall takes over the defense and Crocker is water boy till seasons end, or at the very least Edsall takes a much more active role in teaching these kids some fundamentals. We had more missed tackles than points, I counted 6 on one play.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom