SMU game thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

SMU game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Williams also got hosed on a brutal charge call that should've been a 3-pt opportunity. With that and a few foul shots she could've been in the 15/16 pt range. She's a playmaker. Thought Nurse was terrific too.

Chong, otoh, has struggled mightily since moving out of the starting lineup:

4 pts, 1.8 a, 35% FG, 21% from three

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
The fact that Gabby struggles so much from the line suggests that the 15 foot jumper
is not close to being in her arsenal.

Which is a shame because she's going to need that shot to be really effective.

She's really effective right now. A consistent mid-range jumper would make her unstoppable.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I guess I should have said really really effective. ;)

Well now you know. :)

It would really help if Gabby could get her FT shooting up in the 70% range. She has the best FT rate on the team ahead of Nurse and Stewart.

Reaction Score
130507155655-cheryl-miller-single-image-cut.jpg

Was helping coach a women's team at this time (1983). Players would pull their pants down to try to make them look longer. Looked foolish doing it, but they perceived it as cool. What goes around comes around. Shorts will be short within a year or two.

Now, if only bell bottoms would come back. ;-)

Reaction Score
I think what Geno has done has been really impressive given that he has done most of it during a much more competitive time period. It's not like he racked up tons of wins in the '80s when the women just got a tournament of their own. As parity in the game has grown, Geno's success remains unwavering. All those comments saying "how would UConn do if they played in a real conference" are kind of funny because I'm pretty sure for over 2 decades we played in what was often regarded as the best hoops conference and it didn't seem to make one bit of difference. Congrats coach on another incredible milestone. Please coach until you're 80.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom