SMU game thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

SMU game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Stokes has such timing and long arms. Block shots just come natural to her. It is like she is reaching for a paper towel. "Give me that!"

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Good lord, Saniya. What has happened to her shot?

Reaction Score
Meghan and Eric are talking about doughnuts. Even they think the game's over.

LOL!! That was funny. They had to find other things to talk about. I am surprised that they did not start talking about what was going to be on the dinner plates later or curtain patterns.

Reaction Score
Wow. 12 more games and coach will have 900 wins!!! What impresses me the most is, how he coaches. We don't get a lot of the McDonald All-Americans or 4-5 star players, like other teams are stacking up do. We get quality players and we have excellent coaching.

UConn Huskies!!

Reaction Score
Well fellow Husky fans. Chat with you guys later. Enjoy the day. Go, Huskies!!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Wow. 12 more games and coach will have 900 wins!!! What impresses me the most is, how he coaches. We don't get a lot of the McDonald All-Americans or 4-5 star players, like other teams are stacking up do. We get quality players and we have excellent coaching.

UConn Huskies!!

Say what ?

Reaction Score
Great job by Moriah today...the hometown Dallas crowd enjoyed the record game!

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score

UConn Huskies!!
Is this a joke? We get pretty much only 4-5 star players. And mostly McDonald All-Americans.

Reaction Score

UConn Huskies!!
??? We don't get a lot of McDonald All- Americans ? Stewart, Tuck, Stokes, KML and Williams are all McD AA's (So was Edwards)

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
UConn wins conference opener by 41 points over SMU
MoJett player of the game with career high 24 points to go along with her 4 assists, 2 rebounds and 5 steals! She looked like her old self out there today with her patented supersonic drives to the bucket plus 4 of 5 from three and 4 of 4 from the free throw line.

All starters with the exception of Stewey scored in double figures - personally, I am not worried as I am thinking we will need her to hit her shots for the Duke game, and as a shooter, she will just keep shooting. She was a monster on the boards snagging a total of 12 rebounds including 10 defensive rebounds, and 2 each of steals and blocks...she was credited with only one assist, but I thought she had more...

There were a lot of reported thefts in addition to Moriah with the nimble hands of Kia Nurse and Gabby Williams garnering 4 each. The team had a total of 20 steals today which I believe may be some kind of record, however my absolute favorite steal of the day was Ms Pulido, who picked the saddlebag of an unsuspecting Mustang and ran the floor ahead of the whole rodeo for a solo layup.

That was fun to watch!

Kaleena as we know tied Maya Moore for total number of 3 pointers and is hot on the heels of DT. She also had SIX assists (!!), eclipsed in this category only by Kia Nurses' 7.

Off the bench, Gabby Williams also had 11 points 3 assists, and 7 rebounds an she was everywhere. UConn had a block party today with a team total of 10, half belonging to Kiah Stokes, aka, "the wall"

UConn out "everythinged" SMU with the exception of turnovers and personal fouls, and we don't want to beat anyone in these categories. I wish Saniya had had a better game, I am hoping she shakes this one off and plays out of her mind on Monday.

Are we ready for Duke? We have to wait until Monday to find out. I am looking forward to that game!

Final score UConn 96 SMU 45

Reaction Score
After the game Rhonda Rompola said: "I don't care what they say in the polls, I think they are the best darn team in college basketball. They are like playing a WNBA team."

Reaction Score
Gabby would be that much better if she only knew how to make a foul shot. I still feel that foul shots are the easiest points in basketball. There isn't anyone guarding you!

Reaction Score
The fact that Gabby struggles so much from the line suggests that the 15 foot jumper
is not close to being in her arsenal.

Which is a shame because she's going to need that shot to be really effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom