SMU game thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

SMU game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The crowd knows how close KML is. Hear the cheers when she makes a three. One more to tie Maya!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Early in the game I thought SMU was allowing players to wear different short lengths...now I see it is the roll up/pin up?? thing going on and close up it looks terrible.

Reaction Score
Gabby is standing right up to the line today on her free throw attempts today as opposed to a foot behind it like she has previously.
Though it's not making a difference.

Reaction Score
Early in the game I thought SMU was allowing players to wear different short lengths...now I see it is the roll up/pin up?? thing going on and close up it looks terrible.
Yeah. I think the shorts that got longer are now getting shorter. Styles change.

Reaction Score

I know. I saw some of their post players earlier (and now #15) with the short shorts. I guess it feels good to them. I know I could not pull that off.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I don't get it. It is super tacky looking.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Ha! Geno's halftime interview..."The guys coming in off the bench were terrible."

I'm assuming he meant Saniya and Kiah, because Gabby was pretty great.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Wow- Mo with 15 points, Tuck 10, KML 13 (plus four assists)...and Stewie with only 3! She's played great defense, though.

Reaction Score
Ha! Geno's halftime interview..."The guys coming in off the bench were terrible."

I'm assuming he meant Saniya and Kiah, because Gabby was pretty great.

She did some good things but Gabby bricked 4 free throws. If you can't hit free throws you won't be on the court against a good team when it matters regardless of the other things she does well. It added to the slog of the team.

But yeah he probably meant Chong who was pretty awful. Entire team play went down when she came in. She really needs to find some consistency or we may go back to a 6 player rotation.

Reaction Score
Regardless of the score, this team half court offense is really not that good like Geno has said several times. It is not clear who the offense run through, like Dolson.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
She did some good things but Gabby bricked 4 free throws. If you can't hit free throws you won't be on the court against a good team when it matters regardless of the other things she does well. It added to the slog of the team.

But yeah he probably meant Chong who was pretty awful. Entire team play went down when she came in. She really needs to find some consistency or we may go back to a 6 player rotation.
Her defense is so, so bad. Watch her, she barely bends her knees and keeps her arms out completely straight like a little kid. It's so strange, because on the offensive end she's very quick, but defensively her man consistently goes by her. She also falls for every single head fake. I think her minutes in big games will dwindle if she can't fix it.

Reaction Score

I agree about Gabby. She does have effort though.

Reaction Score
Jefferson with a new career high--21.

61-20, 15:49. Whoever said SMU won't get out of the thirties might be right!

Reaction Score
Now I would start bringing players off the bench. Keep 1-2 of my best players on the floor, for leadership, and then add my bench players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom