Sio Moore predicts a great season | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Sio Moore predicts a great season

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I'm hoping that "by the end of the season" someone else emerges who can break tackles and drag a defender or two enough for the first down. Maybe Delorenzo can emerge. Maybe the kid out of PA, Williams. He's up around 6' and 200-210 lbs. I'm sure McCombs will do a fine job this year but he's listed at 5'8" and 166lbs(that can't be right). Hopefully he'll put on 20 lbs. My point was that I'd like it to be more than just McCombs back there. Hippolite! What's his story? Is he ready to rumble or what? Who is this guy Martin Tartaglino?

If everything that I hear about Williams is true, he's gonna be a real good one. I can't wait to see him in action. I'm also more than curious about DeLorenzo, since I heard so much out of him coming out of Berlin HS. If I'm not mistaken, DeLorenzo is thought to be more of the bruiser-type; someone that is going to pop a linebacker and make them think twice about it on the next down. Everyone is really young, but I think that there is certainly a lot of talent there, and I hope we have another typical Husky running year; 5 yards and a cloud of dust! ;)

Reaction Score
You can't help misquoting people can you WingNut? I think you must have a reading disability because you did this numerous times last fall. Please show me where I said I "expect" McCombs to be replaced before season's end. You can't find it because I didn't write it. As a general rule I try to never engage you on this board because you are it's most boorish poster but when you misquote me as you call me out I can't help but respond.

That's my bad. I didn't mean to use the quotes to imply I was quoting you, I meant to use the quotes to say you were implying you expected him to be replaced. Whether you'll admit it or not, your tone and posts clearly imply that you don't expect him to be the starter by the end of the year, and not due to injury. I failed to get that across, and that was my mistake, so I apologize.

That said, you are childish, you were deflecting, and you were playing the victim for no reason. Grow up.

Reaction Score
===============
this game is a top 5 all-time Uconn game for me. We OWNED them from start to Finnish! The score did not tell the story in this game at all, as our boys demoralized USC with an outstanding effort on both sides of the ball, and they were void of any life during that game!
The postgame was a great time. The USC fans were friendly, but incredibly over-confident before the game. All they talked about was the SEC vs. UConn instead of USC vs. UConn.

Reaction Score
I think that was about the best game I ever saw a UCONN team play. Dominated every aspect of the game and the defense was out of sight - should have been a shut out.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
The postgame was a great time. The USC fans were friendly, but incredibly over-confident before the game. All they talked about was the SEC vs. UConn instead of USC vs. UConn.

Actually, that is the perfect sign of a fanbase's inferiority complex; the fact that they thought it was the SEC vs. UConn instead of South Car vs. UConn. It means that in their head, their bragging rights are only due to their conference and not their program. They're right... :cool:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

I can vouch for that. It was all SEC this and SEC that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom