Sio Moore Combine | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Sio Moore Combine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://withthefirstpick.com/2013/04/17/2013-nfl-draft-interview-with-linebacker-sio-moore/

"One of the players who has been getting a lot of buzz in the last month has been Connecticut Outside Linebacker Sio Moore after people have caught on to everything Moore can do. Moore is a versatile player that has played all over the field at a number of positions. Adding to that versatility, Moore brings a lot of passion and energy to a conversation about football and we talked about his career, the all star games, his teammates, and why he believes he is the best linebacker in the draft"

Nice comments about Edsall and Pasqualon/Brown::

>>PS: Talk about your relationship with Coach Randy Edsall.
SM: Coach Edsall, that’s my old man right there; that’s my guy. He’s always been on my side and he’s always worked very hard with me because he saw a lot of potential. He was the only guy that really believed in me and gave me a chance or a shot to do anything. For me, I really appreciate that just because he taught me some of the things that, not even have anything to do with football, but about life. About accountability and being a good person because being a good person will only help you for yourself; that’s what he did and that’s what he taught me throughout the years. Being a good person, it shows in your play and the type of person you are when you get out there on the field, because you’re not working for yourself anymore. You’re doing things for the betterment of the team and everyone around you. When you do things like that, what ends up happening is, the payout is worth everything because it’s not about you; it’s about everyone else and when you see the people happy and the people around you doing everything, it’s beyond fulfilling.

PS: With that kind of relationship with Coach Edsall, how did his departure to Maryland impact you?
SM: Obviously, I was hurt, because he was very close to me; I didn’t want him to leave. At the same time, I understand the circumstances as well. He had to do what he had to do for his family, but he gave me all the tools I needed to continue on, whether he was there or not. When he left, I was alright.

PS: What’s your relationship with him now?
SM: It’s a good one. I had a 45 minute conversation with him a couple weeks ago and we sat just and chopped it up and we talked and whatnot. It was a great conversation with him and I loved every bit of it.

PS: Paul Pasqualoni came in for the last two years; how has that been different?
SM: You know Coach P added so much to my game because he really taught me and showed me what I really needed to do and what I needed to be in terms of trying to make it to the next level. I watch so much DeMarcus Ware tape; he coached me up on how to use my hands and use my hands violently. He taught me to be more of a student of the game. You talk about a guy who knows football; he knows football like the back of his hand. And then Coach (Dan) Brown gave me the flexibility to do any and everything in the defense, playing and position, whether it’s linebacker, DEnd, a down free safety. He really believed in me and it all came from Coach Brown and Coach P.<<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog
Top Bottom