Sio Moore Combine | The Boneyard

Sio Moore Combine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just put up a really impressive 10'7" broad jump. which is second best fo LBs, I think. Got a bit of praise from the broadcastor. Both he and Trev look so much more riped than almost all the other guys.

Reaction Score
3rd. Did you see that kid jump 11'7"? Sio was in the background cracking up.

Reaction Score
Warren Sapp and the panel were just praising Sio. Said he performed great at UConn and the senior bowl and is continuing to impress at the combine. Also said he may be the best draft value at the LB position and is quickly climbing up draft boards to round 2

Reaction Score
I thought I saw the "stud" LB's jump numbers like 9'6" and 9'8". He is climbing. Heard anouncer say he could be on his way up to 2nd round.

Reaction Score
So let me get this straight. Trevardo is faster than Sio even with a bum ankle?

That's just crazy.

The guy with the fake g/f does a 4.82. Don't think he topped Sio in any of the other measurables either.

Does Sio have an even better year playing with ND's "star" defensive players?

Reaction Score
Lol wtf are the quotations around "star" for? Notre Dame had a fantastic defense this year with a lot of great talent. Te'o was overhyped but is still a great linebacker. It's not all about measurables ya know.

So let me get this straight. Trevardo is faster than Sio even with a bum ankle?

That's just crazy.

The guy with the fake g/f does a 4.82. Don't think he topped Sio in any of the other measurables either.

Does Sio have an even better year playing with ND's "star" defensive players?

Reaction Score
Just hope his lack of height doesn't hurt Sio. I think if he was 6'3", he would be a lock for getting drafted somewhere between 25-50. 6'1" might scare some gm's as crazy as that sounds. Definitely held nothing back today.

Reaction Score
Just hope his lack of height doesn't hurt Sio. 6'1" might scare some gm's as crazy as that sounds.

Not with his 38 vertical. He's going to be a very happy kid come draft day. What will lift him even further up the board is his attitude and leadership.

Reaction Score
Not with his 38 vertical. He's going to be a very happy kid come draft day. What will lift him even further up the board is his attitude and leadership.

Would love to see it

Reaction Score
Sio ended up as a "top performer" on the combine site for ALL categories. Damn.

Reaction Score
Lol wtf are the quotations around "star" for? Notre Dame had a fantastic defense this year with a lot of great talent. Te'o was overhyped but is still a great linebacker. It's not all about measurables ya know.

Please don't be offended about the "star" remark. It's OK to love ND.

I think most people understood my meaning as being we have many star players on defense but don't have the "stars" players get when they go to ND.

IT's not all about measurables but they are certainly important.

Only time will tell with Te'o. Maybe he had great a DL that freed him up to look better than he really is.

Reaction Score
The reason measurables are so important is it shows how well a player will translate their game to the NFL. A linebacker who is a little taller and has slightly longer arms is probably going to be able to add a little more bulk to his frame, create better separation from potential blockers, make interceptions/ passed defenses easier, and make tackles easier. Broad jump shows first step explosion when rushing the passer, cone drill change of direction etc. When .05 of second is the difference between tipping a pass or not, or getting a hand on the quarter back before he hrows it than it's pretty obvious a .2 seconds difference on a 40 or 6" on a broad jump is extremely important. The people who down play measurables usually point to a few exceptions to the rule. However, if you look at two guys who both had great production in college and have almost the same height and weight, than the guy with greater combine numbers is going to have the potential to be a better NFL player almost 100% of the time (obviously injuries and character issues aside). The comparisons to discredit combine results are usually comparing a guy who didn't produce much in college and had a great combine to a guy who produced a ton in college and had a slightly worse combine.

Reaction Score
He was also able to do this while adding about 16 pounds from his end of season weight. Shows he can add bulk but still perform.

Reaction Score
I foresee Te'o dropping significantly. As a measure, last year there were no LB's drafted in the first 3 Rounds with a 40 time over 4.71. At 4.82, and with coaches visibly shaking their heads "no" as they watched him run, in my view there is no way he goes in 1st round--maybe not even in the 2nd. Kiper and McShay are either risking their credibility with a 1st Round prediction, will soon announce a deep drop in their prediction, or I'm missing something in what I'm looking at.

Reaction Score
I foresee Te'o dropping significantly. As a measure, last year there were no LB's drafted in the first 3 Rounds with a 40 time over 4.71. At 4.82, and with coaches visibly shaking their heads "no" as they watched him run, in my view there is no way he goes in 1st round--maybe not even in the 2nd. Kiper and McShay are either risking their credibility with a 1st Round prediction, will soon announce a deep drop in their prediction, or I'm missing something in what I'm looking at.

I definitely can see him slipping. He is an unathletic mlb. That is not taking away from his great college career. But the pro game is a bit different. Would not be shocked to see him go in the third. I think he can be alright as an ilb in the 3-4.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
I definitely can see him slipping. He is an unathletic mlb. That is not taking away from his great college career. But the pro game is a bit different. Would not be shocked to see him go in the third. I think he can be alright as an ilb in the 3-4.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I can't imagine he drops from round two. Falling out of round one is definite possibility, though.

Reaction Score
That is not taking away from his great college career. But the pro game is a bit different.

Absolutely right. So why do the guys who spend 24/7 on this stuff have Te'o as a 1st Round Pick? (McShay #20--Kiper #13)? I can understand how they can mis-evaluate QB's due to the bigger mental adjustment and quicker release that some very good college QB's can't seem to grasp. The accuracy issues are also magnified. But a LB? They both seem to have gotten caught up in all the hype. It's not earth shattering but it is surprising.
Can you imagine the standing of some of our players if they had half the promotional media campaigns of the bigger named schools? That's why I was upset when our Athletic Department never tweeted the Senior Bowl TV folks to remind them about the fairly extraordinary fact that we had 4 invitees. Then the nation's viewers might have heard this from the announcers: --"Remember how UConn was passed over during all this conference expansion as not having a enough of a football presence? Well maybe that needs revisiting! The Huskies have more invitees to this Senior Bowl game than anybody not named Alabama or Georgia. That's pretty darn remarkable. We better take a closer look at that program"
It was never mentioned.

Reaction Score

I'll take on-field production and what's on the tape over 40 times all day long. Brandon Spikes ran a 5.06 40 at the Combine and he's been an absolute terror when healthy. Te'o still moved really well in space and will be a very productive MLB in the NFL.

Reaction Score
Te'o still moved really well in space and will be a very productive MLB in the NFL.

I have nothing against Te'o but I see him as nothing more than an overhyped backup at best. Alabama (with the most NFL like O-Line) completely neutered him--when the big lights were on. As a GM I'd take Sio Moore over him any day. We'll soon find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom