Sio Moore Combine | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Sio Moore Combine

Status
Not open for further replies.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
UConn players have done very well for themselves this week at the combine.

I think Gratz helped himself out almost as much as Sio did. Gratz with a 4.47....22 reps of 225lbs...and did very well in the drills. He was looked at as a low pick at best by some and could have moved up to a mid round pick on a team that is looking for a press cover guy

Reaction Score
http://nfl.si.com/2013/02/26/2013-nfl-draft-defense-position-rankings-post-combine/

>>Outside linebackers

1. Jarvis Jones, Georgia
2. Barkevious Mingo, LSU
3. Chase Thomas, Stanford
4. Khaseem Greene, Rutgers
5. Sio Moore, UConn

Again, this is mix-and-match from a positional standpoint. Jones chose not to work out in Indy, while Mingo suited up with the defensive linemen. Keep an eye on Moore, who looked like a guy capable of doing some work in coverage, though his 7.49 three-cone time was underwhelming.<<

Reaction Score
Mingo and Sio ranked fairly close, irregardless of position, is pretty amazing.

I still remember the buzz he created when Mingo took an official visit with us just to see a UConn BB game that weekend.

The dream of landing Mingo ranked right up there with a B1G invite dream. But we were excited.

Reaction Score
Sio Moore interview pre-combine (published yesterday):

http://nfldraftzone.com/draft-news/exclusive-interview-uconn-lb-sio-moore/

>>SD: How do you feel your time at UCONN helped you prepare for the NFL?

SM: My time at Uconn was everything to me. Having Coach Randy Edsall and position coach Todd Orlando and Coach Lyndon Johnson and strength Coach Wilson was vital to me. They laid the ground work for me early in my career on how to be a good player and how to make yourself a good ball player before even stepping on the field. Then in my later years, Coach P, our current head coach, Coach Wholley our linebacker coach, and Coach Brown our D Coordinator really helped elevate my game to a new point of versatility as well fundamentals to be able to play anywhere on the field and not skip a beat. I am a product of my program and the amazing coaches its provided throughout the years. They focus on the person before the player. If you make the person better naturally you the player will become better. Football is life. You have to be reliable, accountable, and trustworthy. After these things are understood a FOOTBALL player is born.<<

Reaction Score

SM: My time at Uconn was everything to me. Having Coach Randy Edsall and position coach Todd Orlando and Coach Lyndon Johnson and strength Coach Wilson was vital to me. They laid the ground work for me early in my career on how to be a good player and how to make yourself a good ball player before even stepping on the field. Then in my later years, Coach P, our current head coach, Coach Wholley our linebacker coach, and Coach Brown our D Coordinator really helped elevate my game to a new point of versatility as well fundamentals to be able to play anywhere on the field and not skip a beat. I am a product of my program and the amazing coaches its provided throughout the years. They focus on the person before the player. If you make the person better naturally you the player will become better. Football is life. You have to be reliable, accountable, and trustworthy. After these things are understood a FOOTBALL player is born.<<

Man this kid really gets it. He's got a strong chance of being successful!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Definitely was prepped for that question, but he nailed the answer.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
nfl_u_uconnsio_cr_200.jpg

The only way I could ever get that high off the ground is if I was falling off something.

Reaction Score
Just sharing...

desmondconner 11:10am via TweetCaster for iOS
#UConn LB Sio Moore, @MrUconn3, talked to all #NFL teams at the #NFLCombine but had formal interviews with the #Ravens #Rams and #Bears

I had a feeling the Ravens (or the other Harbaugh) would really like Sio. Particularly his mentality, aggression and good natured leadership. Rams makes a lot of sense, too. They have several bigger needs, but also definitelty need at least one OLB.

Also, I'm making a prediction. Gratz to the Seahawks. I watched Pete Carroll get visibly excited (like bounce in his seat) while watching Gratz go through the drills. Anybody else catch that?

Reaction Score
The Alabama big uglies dominated a ND DL used to getting a huge push and controlling the line of scrimmage. As a result, Te'o wasn't granted the freedom that MLB's love of big lanes to crash and blow up plays. If you actually watched the game, you saw that Te'o's real issues in that game wasn't the Alabama OL, but rather his inability to finish tackles and his indecisiveness, which is usually a strength for him. He dropped 10-15 pounds this past season to get more fluid in pass coverage and that paid off. Looks like he'll need to get back up to the 250 range in the NFL to be able to take on the bigger backs in the league.

I think he was overhyped when pundits talked about him as a top 10 player, but I think there is value from 15-30 still. We'll see.

So when he "back up to the 250 range" he'll be even slower,,, that'l work great

Reaction Score
Have to disagree with some of this. Yes, measurables are great, but game IQ is most important, and it isn't in the measurables.

Please, Stop with the IQ stuff, nothing like stating the obvious, If a kid doesn't have good Football IQ he doesn't even get on the field in major college football.

Reaction Score
Please, Stop with the IQ stuff, nothing like stating the obvious, If a kid doesn't have good Football IQ he doesn't even get on the field in major college football.

I disagree with this a little. There are plenty of free lancing defenders that are very good in college, but get exposed in the pros. As a Packer fan, I present to you Mr. AJ Hawk.

I think there is a happy medium when it comes to the combine. I think game film above all else should be the # 1 guide when scouting a player. Because when you become enamored with someone's combine stats, it gets you in trouble (see Mamula, Mike).

Another example is Brandon Spikes, who has been mentioned here. Many will say he slipped in the draft because of his slow 40 time at the combine. I believe he slipped because teams saw his film and felt he was overrated (When I closely watched him v. Miami his last year, I saw a guy who easily got out of position, tried to run around lineman instead of maintaining his gap, and a player who would get flattened if a lineman got his hands on him). For every monstrous hit he has for the Pats, he has 3 boneheaded plays that allowed running backs to pick up chunks of yards.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Andy Katzenmoyer. He basically just ran to the ball. Damn good at doing it at the college level.

Reaction Score
They just keep rolling in... good for Sio!

http://nflsfuture.com/2013/03/08/sio-moore-scouting-report/

"OVERALL: Sio Moore is an experienced starter that could play on the weakside or strongside of a 4-3 defense at the next level. Moore is an explosive athlete that can cover and run sideline to sideline. He possesses an insatiable motor that has him staying plays from whistle to whistle. The knock on Moore was his ability to take on and shed blocks. While it’s a work in progress, I saw significant improvement in this area from 2011 to 2012. This is a guy that will endear himself to NFL teams and should come off the board on day two of the draft and is looking like he could be a solid bet late in round two."

Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32