Sid suspended | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Sid suspended

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I highly doubt we accept a bid to the NIT. We already have two players injured going into next year, I don't think the NIT is worth risking a third. The juice is not worth the squeeze IMO. Having just 7 players makes it even easier to say no thanks.
Are you dumb? You’ve gotta be missing a few screws. Why would we give up the valuable practice time? Because people got injured. Should none of the players play summer league basketball because the risk of injury?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I guess the big question is do the players in 2020 give a darn about the opportunity to win the NIT championship? It is a real question. They obviously did in 1988. Not so much in 1989. If they deem it important then do it. But the goal needs to be to win it, not just show up.
Could not agree more. No one cares about winning the NIT anymore
1582995609787.png

Reaction Score
It's a distinction without a difference. More basketball, especially when you are rebuilding is always better.

Without difference? Let's see one tournament is viewed by millions is quite possibly the best sporting event the United States has to offer and gives the teams competing an opportunity to be "National Champions" which UCONN has done 4 times. The other is none of those things. But beyond that you are right, no difference.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
They will take an NIT bid. They are a young developing team and that experience/ extra practice spring loads and prepares the team for the following year

I disagree. The NIT does not prepare teams for the following year. Not one bit.

Reaction Score
Wait. Wasn’t Bouknight suspended “indefinitely” earlier this year too?

I’m not saying this is the case but it seems like we actually haven’t gotten word that this is the end of Sid’s season.

Reaction Score
IMO postseason play will depend on beatiing Houston plus a win or two in the AAC tourney... Lose to Houston and I think we lose even the NIT... The same w/a loss in the 1st round even if we beat Houston.....

Reaction Score
Here's my summary of thoughts since this thread has started:

* Sid hasn't played much since Akok has been gone, so these seven guys that we have are battle tested and I'm excited to see how they persevere!

* Yes, Sid wasn't a major factor for this team but I wish him all the best.

* If UConn can't win the AAC or somehow get an at-large bid, earning a NIT invitation is 100% good news for this year's team.

Reaction Score
Wrong, right now we are still playing for seeding in the AAC tournament and the chance to win that tournament and make the real tournament. These games matter.

Did I wake up in 1947? The NIT is important again??
Are you dumb? You’ve gotta be missing a few screws. Why would we give up the valuable practice time? Because people got injured. Should none of the players play summer league basketball because the risk of injury?
“Having players play and practice together for more games doesn’t impact chemistry for the next year”
-you, an imbecile

Simple answer is PRACTICE TIME! The rest of this debate, like others have said, is entirely stupid!

Reaction Score
Just a bad move by Sid. While I feel for the kid a little let's be honest, even if not happy and his intentions were to leave, just play it out then both on the court and in the classroom.

Honestly like the kid but overall the spot on the roster if filled with an impact player will be better for this team in the long run. Not a loss other than depth to me.
This is nothing to do with the classroom, he was in class every day.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Sid has had a tough row to hoe. I wish him the best.

No question: play every single game you can.
I'm influenced by pregame mindset, but I'm thinking that with some editing, you've got a first-rate haiku in there.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
This is nothing to do with the classroom, he was in class every day.
Good to know.

Sad set of events. Hurley made a point that Sid was a player that made it exciting to be coaching at UConn.

Can the seven remaining players still end strong. Absolutely. But even with his reduction in minutes and production those lost minutes to spell players and provide more fouls could have a major impact. TBD.

If kid is unable to turn things around then a transition is best for all parities. i don't have the crystal ball others here have so until things are finalized I hope this kid can do a Whaley 180, play four years as a Husky and be able to take next season's trip to Europe.

Let's make the postseason and see what Hurley does! I have my opinion but I don't want to jinx the team which has already been snakebitten with the amount of adversity thrown at it this season.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I highly doubt we accept a bid to the NIT. We already have two players injured going into next year, I don't think the NIT is worth risking a third. The juice is not worth the squeeze IMO. Having just 7 players makes it even easier to say no thanks.

Are you serious?

They would accept an NIT bid as it would be good experience for the team and getting them ready for next season. So yes they would accept if asked

Reaction Score
Wrong, right now we are still playing for seeding in the AAC tournament and the chance to win that tournament and make the real tournament. These games matter.

Did I wake up in 1947? The NIT is important again??

You really are clueless. And the fact that you dont realize how silly your position is, is evidence enough of how clueless you are.

If we get an NIT invite, we should and will accept it, guaranteed. Unless, of course we win out in AAC tourney and get an invite to the big dance.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
All this talk about shutting down the season and turning down postseason tourney bids because we’re down to 7 scholarship players is re-god-damn-diculous.

Seriously, people?
What you are referring to (since been deleted) is in the running for probably the worst take ever, let alone sports history, let alone Boneyard history, let alone UConn basketball.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom