Sid suspended | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Sid suspended

Reaction Score
I haven’t read through this entire thread so sorry if this has already been brought up but the way our guys are playing with and for each other do you really think they are ready to shut it down? Do you think CV just wants the season to end if they don’t win the AAC tournament? I think the team wants to continue playing and they probably think they could win the NIT. Worried about fatigue? Did you see the effort the guys were putting out yesterday at the end of the game when we were up big? This group is loving playing together, took their lumps earlier and now are peaking. Let them have some fun and a chance to play at MSG

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
You can tell the guards were getting tired at the end of the game. Almost every shot was hitting the front of the rim.

Using them when Whaley and Josh were in foul trouble is not ideal. Hopefully Sid can work his way back for the Houston game. I felt the game at Houston was the worst officiated game. Team plays foul attrition. Want to beat them more than anything except giving Christian a chance to be in a postseason tournament.

Reaction Score
Sid’s career at UConn doesn’t have to be done. He’s suspended, not off the team. They’re trying to reach him and to have him get it. They have been through all the other steps, and this was next. He has the chance to turn this around.

I don’t understand any of the Bouknight-Wilson talk or comparison. The quickest way to lose your team is to play favorites. Look at this group and how close they are- that’s not happening.

This team will absolutely play in the NIT if they earn a bid.

Thanks, this is a good look. I hope Sid takes advantage asap.

Reaction Score
Was in the Garden that night when we best Ohio State for the championship. We were actually allowed on the court post game.

Was there also. Still one of the best defensive efforts I've ever seen as well as a fantastic move by JC to throw Lyman on Barros.

Reaction Score
Sid’s career at UConn doesn’t have to be done. He’s suspended, not off the team. They’re trying to reach him and to have him get it. They have been through all the other steps, and this was next. He has the chance to turn this around.

I don’t understand any of the Bouknight-Wilson talk or comparison. The quickest way to lose your team is to play favorites. Look at this group and how close they are- that’s not happening.

This team will absolutely play in the NIT if they earn a bid.

Sids best move is to stay in line for the remainder of the year on both academics and basketball, work hard on both. It will work best for his next move no matter and put confidence in his next coach/school if that's the direction he chooses.

Reaction Score
The NIT was incredible exciting - i guess the people that think it was not were not the VCU game at the field house or at MSG for finals - fantastic atmosphere and excitement! It started everything. No question you take the bid if it is offered, but just win the AAC tourney and go to big dance!

Reaction Score
I haven’t read through this entire thread so sorry if this has already been brought up but the way our guys are playing with and for each other do you really think they are ready to shut it down? Do you think CV just wants the season to end if they don’t win the AAC tournament? I think the team wants to continue playing and they probably think they could win the NIT. Worried about fatigue? Did you see the effort the guys were putting out yesterday at the end of the game when we were up big? This group is loving playing together, took their lumps earlier and now are peaking. Let them have some fun and a chance to play at MSG
Good call on msg. Preview for big east tournament atmosphere. Sounds real dumb but considering the roster depth and predictable outcome it may be optimal to play in the NIT in our house, vs the dance, as we can certainly go deeper. !!!!i believe but this IS about next year and I bet cv would prefer a trophy to an invitation.

Reaction Score
Did I wake up in 1947? The NIT is important again??
NO The NIT is not what it once was but coaches want to coach / teach and ballers want to ball!
This is a team made up of a well coached Band Of Ballers! If the invite is made there is no way I see this coach or team turning it down. The rally cry, Madison Square Garden baby! UConns former and future home away from home!

Reaction Score
Rumor had it we don’t want to play in any post season tournaments... heard Dan is encouraging us not to try and win the AAC tourney to avoid the NCAA. Per the athletic trainers sisters boyfriends roommate.

My source told me we decided not to joint the Big East because stiffer competition is going to lead to more injuries.

Reaction Score
The NIT was incredible exciting - i guess the people that think it was not were not the VCU game at the field house or at MSG for finals - fantastic atmosphere and excitement! It started everything. No question you take the bid if it is offered, but just win the AAC tourney and go to big dance!

I was first row under the basket for the VCU game caught some TV time. What a game, what an atmosphere it was incredible and who knew it was only the beginning. Amazing memories.

Last edited:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
What I remember is almost losing that 1st game vs WVU - it went into OT as I recall
At MSG we had seats in the lower bowl and we were talking with members of both Uncle Cliffy and Spider Usery's families
The team that scared me more than anyone in the final 4 was Colorado State - they just seemed to have evreything going their way- they should have beaten OSU in that semi

Reaction Score
It's one thing to decline when you're a perennial NCAA team and you've had a down year. This program hasn't played in a postseason tournament since 2016. This would be a building block. Not to mention that a guy like Christian Vital deserves an opportunity to play in that kind of environment at least once, even if ideally the NCAAs would be better.

I want sid back as it effects all the players. I know he’s not a superstar but that doesn’t matter. What matters is he can fill in up front or match up as a bigger 3. He can hit the occasional 3 block a shot dunk a few etc. but he has 5 fouls which matters the most. We need him— if his trouble is something that can be addressed especially by Sid— we shouod for the good of this years team

Reaction Score
I was first row under the basket for the VCU game caught some TV time. What a game, what an atmosphere it was incredible and who knew it was only the beginning. Amazing memories.

Remember the cloud of dust coming from the rafters, just an incredible scene. Phil and Jeff on the basket, the fans on the court so happy.

Reaction Score
So any chance Sid plays Thursday? I assume will have to practice if any chance to play so anyone know if suspended from practice / all basketball activity?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
"indefinitely" sounds longer than one game...
Definitions are certainly being parsed here, but "indefinitely" only refers to that particular moment in time. The timeline could be defined at any subsequent point and not made public.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom