Sid suspended | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Sid suspended

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
he wasn't doing much except giving guys a rest, more concerned with bad fouls and players fouling out
That is plenty enough when the other only option is only seven players.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
I highly doubt we accept a bid to the NIT. We already have two players injured going into next year, I don't think the NIT is worth risking a third. The juice is not worth the squeeze IMO. Having just 7 players makes it even easier to say no thanks.
Please god we Mets fans have a tough enough existence as it is. You really don’t need to make us all look any worse with the worst take of the year.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Winning the Big East tournament in 2011 was a huge factor in propelling us to a national championship, as was the run to the AAC finals in 2014. Those games absolutely do prepare teams for the one and done experience of the NCAA's.

Kathy has it right. National tourney experience for the returninf players is what we want. We don't want their first NCAA game to be a new experience in that regard.

Playing teams you have already played in an arena you've already played in is not the same as a NCAA site.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
I highly doubt we accept a bid to the NIT. We already have two players injured going into next year, I don't think the NIT is worth risking a third. The juice is not worth the squeeze IMO. Having just 7 players makes it even easier to say no thanks.
Ignorance is bliss. But then you are a self confessed Mets fan. I can only imagine you think Wilpon is a genius.

HuskylnSC

Reaction Score
Wrong, right now we are still playing for seeding in the AAC tournament and the chance to win that tournament and make the real tournament. These games matter.

Did I wake up in 1947? The NIT is important again??
Don't you get it? It's the extra practice, the extra coaching, the extra time on the court. This is invaluable in preparation for next year. There is not one drawback to playing in the NIT. What inthe world are you afraid of? I gotta go, I can't believe I'm letting a Mets fan frustrate me.

HuskylnSC

Reaction Score
Sure, let's play, under the time-tested theory that everything's fine until it isn't. Tired players get injured. Tired legs take missteps and break down. The question is not, "Will it happen?" but "If it does happen, can you justify the risk you took?"
ABSOLUTELY - Do you know what the call those afraid to get hurt? spectators.

HuskylnSC

Reaction Score
A reminder that Akok was clearly playing tired long before he went down with the Achilles. Reminder that Polley's ACL came in the very next practice after his 19/11 game against Tulane. Suddenly the stand-still shooter becomes an aggressive driver and offensive rebounder, shocking everyone, including, as it turns out, his ACL. Thanks to all here who point out that playing tournament-grade D-1 basketball is no more taxing that getting out of bed in the morning -- or curling up in your mother's lap. More thoughts from the knee bone always welcome.
Time for you to get on the sideline.

HuskylnSC

Reaction Score
Could not agree more. No one cares about winning the NIT anymore
View attachment 51358
Man I feel for these poor depressed kids. They most have won the NIT, now they have to slink back to school under cover of darkeness to hide their shame. And I bet their coach got fired for being cruel to his players.

HuskylnSC

Reaction Score
I guess the big question is do the players in 2020 give a darn about the opportunity to win the NIT championship? It is a real question. They obviously did in 1988. Not so much in 1989. If they deem it important then do it. But the goal needs to be to win it, not just show up.
Yes, that's why they call them players. If they don't get an invite, do you know what they will be doing. They will be on the court, beating the crap out of each other without coaching and supervision. Do you know anyone who played?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Have you seen Bouknight play? Have you seen Sid play? I'm not sure Coach Hurley is willing to put up with Sid's BS as much as he did Bouknight's BS.
Mmm one mistake by Bouk and he was punished for it. Kind of apples and oranges.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
IF DH was thinking about this year and 8 vs 7 - he would let Sid come back. But DH is building something bigger, I would be surprised if Sid is back this year and even to the program.

Reaction Score
Mmm one mistake by Bouk and he was punished for it. Kind of apples and oranges.
I agree, I just don't think Sid has nearly as much rope as Bouk.

Reaction Score
Sid’s career at UConn doesn’t have to be done. He’s suspended, not off the team. They’re trying to reach him and to have him get it. They have been through all the other steps, and this was next. He has the chance to turn this around.

I don’t understand any of the Bouknight-Wilson talk or comparison. The quickest way to lose your team is to play favorites. Look at this group and how close they are- that’s not happening.

This team will absolutely play in the NIT if they earn a bid.

Reaction Score
This is an interesting read. Hopefully Hurley won't have to make a decision, priority number one is winning the AAC tournament, but if we don't a decision will need to be made. Clearly Calhoun didn't always consider it a slam dunk like some have suggested. The only point I was trying to make yesterday is that having a short bench and two players already down next year might give Hurley enough reason to turn it down. I personally think we might have a final four contender next year....Risk/Reward?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is an interesting read. Hopefully Hurley won't have to make a decision, priority number one is winning the AAC tournament, but if we don't a decision will need to be made. Clearly Calhoun didn't always consider it a slam dunk like some have suggested, the only point I was trying to make yesterday is that having a short bench and two players already down next year might give Hurley a reason to turn it down.

May have thought about declining but didn't
2010 quote
If we are (invited), I'd accept," Calhoun said. "We've never run away from a fight and I'm not going to do it now. I just can't."

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
This is an interesting read. Hopefully Hurley won't have to make a decision, priority number one is winning the AAC tournament, but if we don't a decision will need to be made. Clearly Calhoun didn't always consider it a slam dunk like some have suggested. The only point I was trying to make yesterday is that having a short bench and two players already down next year might give Hurley enough reason to turn it down. I personally think we might have a final four contender next year....Risk/Reward?

It's one thing to decline when you're a perennial NCAA team and you've had a down year. This program hasn't played in a postseason tournament since 2016. This would be a building block. Not to mention that a guy like Christian Vital deserves an opportunity to play in that kind of environment at least once, even if ideally the NCAAs would be better.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Desperation is a stinky cologne. Using a quote by an angry, frustrated JC in the wake of a blowout loss, said before he actually accepted? As the kids say, take the L, dude.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom