SG Mustapha Heron (Auburn Commit) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

SG Mustapha Heron (Auburn Commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sacred heart is playin naugy in a few weeks.. I will be there. I will try to give some kind of eye test for anyone who might cares

Reaction Score
I was told that he was offered A TON of money by one of Pitt's sponsors to commit last year by a kid that played against/with him. Of course, I don't know if there is any truth to that, but I also don't know why a 16 year old kid would lie about that.. Think of it what you will

Reaction Score
I was told that he was offered A TON of money by one of Pitt's sponsors to commit last year by a kid that played against/with him. Of course, I don't know if there is any truth to that, but I also don't know why a 16 year old kid would lie about that.. Think of it what you will

stuff like this should not be written on this board or online.

Reaction Score
Sacred heart is playin naugy in a few weeks.. I will be there. I will try to give some kind of eye test for anyone who might cares

Not sure what you will learn from one game especially against Naugatuck. But, I have been to about 20 of SHHS games over the last 2 years. He has improved so much from last year. His jumper is much better as well as his handle. Physically he was always big but he growing into his body. A lot more explosive this year. Good match up vs Rawle Alkins on Saturday at Hoophall.

Reaction Score
Live in Waterbury. Betting he never enrolls at Pitt. HOWEVER article in Tuesday's paper said Pitt was his Dream school.

I was actually sitting next to one of his coaches at the UConn hockey game a couple weeks ago and was told that it's all about Dad. He didn't think the son was all in on Pitt but his dad was pushing it on him.

Reaction Score

Can someone delete this? Not saying it's not in the realm of possibility but if the kid ends up committing to UConn down the road, we really don't need to be snitching on ourselves.

Reaction Score
Imagine growing up in Waterbury, then going to college in Pittsburg? Maybe he'll be drafted by Detroit to make it a trifecta.

He grew up in Meriden. Dad never thought the coach there was good enough nor the players around him. Moved him where ever he felt. That's what's wrong with HS hoops now, pitiful quite honestly!

And for Crack and superj - 6'5 my a*s - no way no how! Please try to tell me I'm wrong here. Basically a tweener, great HS player - superior body and solid inside game at that level. Can he make shots and get to the basket at the next level? Unknown, probably but just how high of a level?

Last edited:

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
He grew up in Meriden. Dad never thought the coach there was good enough nor the players around him. Moved him where ever he felt. That's what's wrong with HS hoops now, pitiful quite honestly!

And for Crack and superj - 6'5 my a*s - no way no how! Please try to tell me I'm wrong here. Basically a tweener, great HS player - superior body and solid inside game at that level. Can he make shots and get to the basket at the next level? Unknown, probably but just how high of a level?
He's the exact opposite of what we need. We need a post offensive threat, ball handlers and shooters..

Reaction Score
He definitely looks more bouncy this year from the clips I've seen, I think he will be a really good college player.

Reaction Score
He has uk written all overhim
Supposedly thats exactly it. According to sources close to him, I guess coach Cal has been after him as of recent. Would not surprise me to see him end up there. Of the Pro-AM games I attended this summer, NBA players and Uconn alum would walk in the gym and there would be chatter. But when Mustapha walked in, there was a real buzz. The kid is going to do big things. I would hope we at least give it a shot to get him here.

Reaction Score
Met someone close to his recruitment very randomly this past summer. He is going to sign with Kentucky when it is all said and done from what I was told.

Reaction Score
Met someone close to his recruitment very randomly this past summer. He is going to sign with Kentucky when it is all said and done from what I was told.

That has been the word for some time

Reaction Score
Admittedly have not seen him play and have heard good things about him at the HS level. I hope he can shoot because at his size he's not scoring inside without a perimeter game so most of those highlights in the clip above go away at Kentucky or anywhere else at that level.

As for UConn "losing" talent like Gomes, Abro Jr and Dunn please do your homework. No one recruited Gomes except PC and no one recruited Abro except ND. I saw Abro in the state quarters his senior year and was amazed he was going to ND. These kids worked their tails off the prove others wrong and that happens, congrats to them but certainly no mark on Calhoun. As for Dunn, we had guards and better ones, and while he was recruited pretty hard by some decent schools it would seem to me UConn made a great choice there!

Reaction Score
Sacred heart with an easy win over Christ a king. Herron totally outplayed alkins

Reaction Score
Looks like Sacred Heart beat the #2 team in NYC easily. This is a great Sacred Heart team, lots of talent in Waterbury.

Reaction Score
Got to see him tonight.. Had 30 or 35 , I lost count and didn't play much in the 4 th. Reminded me a lot of Beverly. Sacred heart has some good talent and naugy doesn't so it wasn't much of a game but it was obvious he has good talent. Hit a bunch of 3's and got to the rim pretty good.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

What a coincidence -- I heard that the same thing happened to every recruit who's ever turned UCONN down! :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Got to see him tonight.. Had 30 or 35 , I lost count and didn't play much in the 4 th. Reminded me a lot of Beverly. Sacred heart has some good talent and naugy doesn't so it wasn't much of a game but it was obvious he has good talent. Hit a bunch of 3's and got to the rim pretty good.
Not Donnell Beverly right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22