SG Hamidou Diallo (UConn Offer) | Page 8 | The Boneyard

SG Hamidou Diallo (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Not necessarily but you can play with 2 or 3 guards at a time and UConn has done just that. I don't think they'll get all 3 (or 4 or 5 or however many are in play at this point). I'm just thinking that if it's a good enough fit you can make it work.

P.S. I do think Adams would hopefully be gone by then based on how good people think he is.

Edit: Also Gilbert hasn't committed yet (right?). If you don't assume he will be there was a fact, it makes the statement of both guards in one class more reasonable. That's how I was thinking about it.

There's a difference between playing with Kemba+Bazz or Bazz+Boat and Kemba+Bazz+Boat...we've never had that kind of situation and honestly I think that no matter how unselfish each guy would be, you can't get maximum effectiveness if you dilute their minutes like that. Not to mention that Waters and Gilbert are very much on the short end height-wise (I'll defer to Mau on this).

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
There's a difference between playing with Kemba+Bazz or Bazz+Boat and Kemba+Bazz+Boat...we've never had that kind of situation and honestly I think that no matter how unselfish each guy would be, you can't get maximum effectiveness if you dilute their minutes like that. Not to mention that Waters and Gilbert are very much on the short end height-wise (I'll defer to Mau on this).
True. I was just saying it's possible. I in no way think it's likely. It would probably depend on Gilbert leaving after 2 years so Waters and Ish were only behind him for 1 year. Probably not a risk they (the players) would want to take unless they really love Ollie (possible).

Either way, whichever commits first gets it in my book. Unless the staff feels one is significantly better than the other.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Either way, whichever commits first gets it in my book. Unless the staff feels one is significantly better than the other.

Agreed. I'm imagining how our fanbase would react if IEA went elsewhere though. Seems like he may end up being our most-coveted prospect in years.

Reaction Score
Agreed. I'm imagining how our fanbase would react if IEA went elsewhere though. Seems like he may end up being our most-coveted prospect in years.

Personally I wouldn't mind. Of course I would love to have the kid at UConn but I could see why he would want to play elsewhere.

Considering the legacy KEA left at Storrs I would understand him wanting to build his own legacy elsewhere.

With that said this is the boneyard and I'm sure there would be a massive meltdown if KEA's son is a top recruit and goes elsewhere.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Personally I wouldn't mind. Of course I would love to have the kid at UConn but I could see why he would want to play elsewhere.

Considering the legacy KEA left at Storrs I would understand him wanting to build his own legacy elsewhere.

With that said this is the boneyard and I'm sure there would be a massive meltdown if KEA's son is a top recruit and goes elsewhere.

I'll take anyone of that talent level. But it's ridiculous for a bunch of grown men for lambasting a high school student's choice of where he wants to go to college. In fact, KEA did so much for the program that I'd argue he and his family should get a free pass for this kind of stuff. We shouldn't be giving him grief (in the hypothetical scenario that IEA goes elsewhere).

Reaction Score
Whelton/Westin, Ollie/Sheffer

Reaction Score
I'd imagine we'll have a hard time convincing two top-50 point guards to commit in the same class.
Probably. But IEA is 6-foot-3, which is plenty big enough to have him play as a college SG for long stretches.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
UConn lean or not, everyone needs to stop talking about Gilbert in UConn's future plans, if and until he actually commits. Last time I checked pretty much every top recruit UConn was after in the 2015 class was a UConn lean at some point...

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
are you on drugs
No. I'm not saying Waters isn't a good player. I just want the son of a Husky legend. If Ish has half the heart of his father he'll be a stud.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
No. I'm not saying Waters isn't a good player. I just want the son of a Husky legend. If Ish has half the heart of his father he'll be a stud.
we all would like that, but the staff should just grab a kid if his dad went to uconn, especially if they don't think he'll fit the system or there are better players they can get

Reaction Score
Waters is a stud and I would pick him over Ish 10/10. If he fits with the recruiting class I'm all for picking both up but if it comes down to getting 1/2 it's an easy decision.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
I thought IEA was highly rated, no?

After a quick search... Scout has Waters #31 overall and IEA #38. MY GOD there is such a HUGE difference. I must be on drugs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom