SG Hamidou Diallo (UConn Offer) | Page 7 | The Boneyard

SG Hamidou Diallo (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My thought is to always strike when the iron is hot. If he's willing to reclassify to 2016 and we want him, get him now; don't wait. The longer any recruitment goes on, the greater chances a kid changes his mind or starts exploring other options more seriously.

There is still a ton of room for 2016. His Diallo's signing for 2016 would not impact Gilbert negatively at all - if anything, it should make Gilbert more likely to sign so he would have a nice wing player to run with.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
My thought is to always strike when the iron is hot. If he's willing to reclassify to 2016 and we want him, get him now; don't wait. The longer any recruitment goes on, the greater chances a kid changes his mind or starts exploring other options more seriously.

It's all on Diallo at this point; I'm sure Ollie has told him he'll accept his commitment whenever the kid wants to give it.

Reaction Score
Fair point I don't think he reclassifies but if he does your right hopefully his connection to diarra would get him here

Why don't you think he reclassifies when there is a bunch of chatter on here saying it is a real possibility? This your hunch or do you have specific info?

Reaction Score
Wow 31 5-star guys seems like a lot. Glad to see Diallo is getting so much play, though. I like Bruce Brown, but I'd much rather have Diallo. Better shooter, better handle, better size, and at least equivalent as a athlete.
They rank anyone a 5 star that has a grade of 90 or above. Makes some sense. Always hated the 5 star rankings that just give it to the top 25 guys. Rankings from year to year aren't always comparable. Some classes have better talent at the top and some less.

Reaction Score
Why don't you think he reclassifies when there is a bunch of chatter on here saying it is a real possibility? This your hunch or do you have specific info?
Everybody is guessing. Very few of us has significant inside info.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Everybody is guessing. Very few of us has significant inside info.
True.

But if he reclassifies & comes to UConn (or any other top school), he gets into a system at younger age, and can spend 2-3 years then enter the draft at 20 instead of 21 - which could make a fairly significant difference re: his draft stock.

It's a long-term thought, but one I assume KO has presented to the kid. It makes financial sense, and it makes it more likely that we have a 5-star talent on the roster for multiple years.

Reaction Score
They rank anyone a 5 star that has a grade of 90 or above. Makes some sense. Always hated the 5 star rankings that just give it to the top 25 guys. Rankings from year to year aren't always comparable. Some classes have better talent at the top and some less.

I don't disagree. But 31 guys at that level is a very strong class.

Reaction Score
what's up with the reclassification rumors? has diallo mentioned anything about it??

i really like his game.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
It seemed somewhat justified, too, since he missed out on a bunch of our top targets in a row. Seems like those of us that were worried jumped the gun a little bit.

A bit.

Reaction Score
if he wants to garner more offers, he will prep. if his main concern is getting better and eventually becoming a pro, reclassifying is a no brainer. Seems like a homerun when his best friend is coming in '16.

what's up with the reclassification rumors? has diallo mentioned anything about it??

i really like his game.

Yes he has mentioned as a possibility but hasn't decided yet.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
I'd much rather see Ish El-Amin than Waters. I think him and Diallo would be a dynamite class

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
We take whichever one commits first. Sorry to deflate anyone's "El-Amin ".

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I'd imagine we'll have a hard time convincing two top-50 point guards to commit in the same class.
I would hope we can sell the success of Bazz/Boat playing together. And Kemba/Bazz.

Reaction Score
Not that I don't absolutely love the optimism, but why is it assumed Gilbert will be a husky? Has there been anything hinting towards this besides a crystal ball?

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
You think that Gilbert will be a one and done?
Not necessarily but you can play with 2 or 3 guards at a time and UConn has done just that. I don't think they'll get all 3 (or 4 or 5 or however many are in play at this point). I'm just thinking that if it's a good enough fit you can make it work.

P.S. I do think Adams would hopefully be gone by then based on how good people think he is.

Edit: Also Gilbert hasn't committed yet (right?). If you don't assume he will be there was a fact, it makes the statement of both guards in one class more reasonable. That's how I was thinking about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom