SF Vance Jackson (Signed LOI on 11/11) | Page 8 | The Boneyard

SF Vance Jackson (Signed LOI on 11/11)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
That he'll commit to Cal?
Yes. "The guys think they're in a good spot" is the phrase that was used, with "the guys" being the Cal coaching staff.

For those that don't know: Cal is about 45 minutes from Napa, where the kid will be playing his high school games this year, and Cal head coach Cuonzo Martin & top recruiter Yann Hufnagel pulled in a top 3 class last year.

Berkeley is also the Garden of Eden, so I'd expect good recruiting results to continue, whether or not they land Jackson.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Yes. "The guys think they're in a good spot" is the phrase that was used, with "the guys" being the Cal coaching staff.

For those that don't know: Cal is about 45 minutes from Napa, where the kid will be playing his high school games this year, and Cal head coach Cuonzo Martin & top recruiter Yann Hufnagel pulled in a top 3 class last year.

Berkeley is also the Garden of Eden, so I'd expect good recruiting results to continue, whether or not they land Jackson.

Recruiting and then producing is a who different game
Martin has recruited well in the past but where are the results?
If the kid wants to win National Championships he has 2 choices - UConn or Duke
Seeing Puke is not in this the kid's 3 choices - go to nowhere land and program in Memphis, go to "the garden of Eden" in the crazy land of CA or come to Storrs and have the BEST chance to win

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Recruiting and then producing is a who different game
Martin has recruited well in the past but where are the results?
Seeing Puke is not in this the kid's 3 choices - go to nowhere land and program in Memphis, go to "the garden of Eden" in the crazy land of CA or come to Storrs and have the BEST chance to win

Winning isn't everything to these kids. Relationships matter more than you give them credit for. We are lucky because with KO, we get the best of both worlds.

Matrim55

Reaction Score
I'm glad Donnyell Marshall, Ray Allen, Richard Hamilton and Khalid El-Amin didn't think like that when they were choosing where to go to college.

There's no rule that says only teams that have won will win. Some kids like the challenge of plowing new ground.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score

I was born and raised in/around Berkeley and have never heard of it referred to as a garden of Eden. Big , spread out, vibrant, urban campus yes, Eden, no. There are some gloriously beautiful , tree filled parts of campus and great views of the bay and SF from the upper rows of the football stadium. That said, Go Bears! (Accept when recruiting or playing UCONN)

Reaction Score
I was born and raised in/around Berkeley and have never heard of it referred to as a garden of Eden. Big , spread out, vibrant, urban campus yes, Eden, no. There are some gloriously beautiful , tree filled parts of campus and great views of the bay and SF from the upper rows of the football stadium. That said, Go Bears! (Accept when recruiting or playing UCONN)
I was thinking the same thing. Great city, I have been spending time there recently cause my nephew just opened up his own brewery there. But "Eden"? Not even close! Anyhow, any Berkeley/Oakland peeps, check out Fieldworks Brewing! Tell Alex his Uncle Peter sent you!!! http://fieldworkbrewing.com/

Reaction Score
I don't think Memphis is a realistic threat here, but they just got one of their other wing targets - Ar'mond Davis.

He's a top 10-ish JUCO player - 6'6", 190 from College of Southern Idaho.
We have to sign 5 to 6 player this year. 3-2 will likely be guards/forwards other 2 will be big men

Matrim55

Reaction Score
I was thinking the same thing. Great city, I have been spending time there recently cause my nephew just opened up his own brewery there. But "Eden"? Not even close!
You guys are nuts. I walk down the street picking plums, asian pears, blackberries, mint, rosemary, lemons, etc. It's 70 and sunny 320 days of the year!

I literally did not know that life could be like this before I moved out here.

Anyhow, any Berkeley/Oakland peeps, check out Fieldworks Brewing! Tell Alex his Uncle Peter sent you!!! http://fieldworkbrewing.com/
I just had their Fetch pale ale the other day. Good stuff.

Reaction Score
You guys are nuts. I walk down the street picking plums, asian pears, blackberries, mint, rosemary, lemons, etc. It's 70 and sunny 320 days of the year!

I literally did not know that life could be like this before I moved out here.

I just had their Fetch pale ale the other day. Good stuff.

I'm glad you've tried and liked his brew! Go back, ask for Alex and drop my name, should be good for a freebie! And yeah, compared to Minneapolis or even San Francisco it may be Eden, but there are a lot of places that come closer to MY vision of paradise. Kealakekua, Hawaii, comes to mind!

Matrim55

Reaction Score
I'm glad you've tried and liked his brew! Go back, ask for Alex and drop my name, should be good for a freebie! And yeah, compared to Minneapolis or even San Francisco it may be Eden, but there are a lot of places that come closer to MY vision of paradise. Kealakekua, Hawaii, comes to mind!
Just got back from Maui (mostly at Lahaina). Great for a vacation, but Berkeley's lack of humidity elevates it significantly over any spot I've been to in Hawaii.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Just got back from Maui (mostly at Lahaina). Great for a vacation, but Berkeley's lack of humidity elevates it significantly over any spot I've been to in Hawaii.
No doubt the weather in the Bay Area is better than virtually anywhere in the world. Head 2 miles east through the Caldecott tunnel and it's way better than even in Berkeley. Orinda, Moraga, Laffayette, Pleasant Hill. Now you're talkin. But, when it comes to Garden of Eden, Tahoe (where I'm currently sitting on the deck looking through the Forrest at the lake) and Maui (someday I'll figure out how to spend winters there) top my list. Can't get a slice of Blondies, Fat Slice or Zachary's deep dish in either of those spots so I'll still come back to Berkeley for pizza. It's the Boneyard, it always comes back to pizza. ;)

Reaction Score
No doubt the weather in the Bay Area is better than virtually anywhere in the world. Head 2 miles east through the Caldecott tunnel and it's way better than even in Berkeley. Orinda, Moraga, Laffayette, Pleasant Hill. Now you're talkin. But, when it comes to Garden of Eden, Tahoe (where I'm currently sitting on the deck looking through the Forrest at the lake) and Maui (someday I'll figure out how to spend winters there) top my list. Can't get a slice of Blondies, Fat Slice or Zachary's deep dish in either of those spots so I'll still come back to Berkeley for pizza. It's the Boneyard, it always comes back to pizza. ;)

Hoping to make it to Tahoe for my bachelor party. Heard its awesome. With El Nino this year, they should have a good snow year.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Lot of beautiful places. Loved Tahoe! In the summertime I have a slight bias for MDI in Maine. No arguments about Maui although it so danged far from everything.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
We've been up to Bar Harbor 3 times now and really enjoy it in the summer. A beautiful place!
It gets addictive.

Used to go end of August for many years. Never got tired of the place. Love Jordan Pond, Trenton Bridge Lobster Pound, Jordan Pancake house and all the fabulous hiking trails that were available to burn off the calories from those places.

Absolutely loved the rise of the mountains from the ocean. There are beautiful places on the west coast, but anyone living near MDI (Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park) should head to this place for a week at least once in their life.

Reaction Score
Paradise... Secret Beach in Kauai and just the Napali coast... Also a few spots in the mediteranean stand out..

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

I'm definitely going out there and telling him that his uncle promised me a free drink.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Rico444 said:
I'm definitely going out there and telling him that his uncle promised me a free drink.

Dittos

Matrim55

Reaction Score
Hoping to make it to Tahoe for my bachelor party. Heard its awesome. With El Nino this year, they should have a good snow year.
Tahoe is fantastic. Gambling, skiing, good food, good drinks, and top stand-up comics roll through every now and then as well.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I'm glad Donnyell Marshall, Ray Allen, Richard Hamilton and Khalid El-Amin didn't think like that when they were choosing where to go to college.

There's no rule that says only teams that have won will win. Some kids like the challenge of plowing new ground.

I know what you are saying
BUT that was then and now is now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member