SF Vance Jackson (Signed LOI on 11/11) | The Boneyard

SF Vance Jackson (Signed LOI on 11/11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Kevin Ollie is everywhere. If all this conference realignment stuff was settled we would be landing big recruits.

Reaction Score
He told a Rivals reporter after UConn offered that they are his leader at this point.
Yup, here is a twitter quote:
"2016 wing Vance Jackson out of California was offered by #UConn today. He tells me they are his favorite at this point. "

Reaction Score
Interesting. Saw his team play once this year vs La Verne Lutheran. Lutheran totally handled La Salle (Jackson's team) and this is a down year for Lutheran; they lost Grant Jarrett to UAz, starting PG (Brian Beard) transferred to Orange Lutheran, their coach (Eric Cooper) moved to St Anthony's of Long Beach and the ex-coach's son as well (2014 or 2013? Eric Jr., another UAz commit).

Jackson made several nice moves to the basket (when his guards could get him the ball), but Lutheran's interior players (especially Class of 2014 F Joe Rushing) dominated La Salle's interior. He showed good, but not great athleticism, but he is young, only a Frosh. Rushing, OTOH, is very very strong and very active (...but probably not tall enough for high D1), and a difficult assignment for a frosh to guard . Jackson looked like a very good HS player (...and is only a freshman). I've seen him listed as a guard, but he is definitely a forward...not a guard. He could be a great find if he grows and develops. Definitely not at Stanley Johnson's level (even when Stanley was a Frosh), but the more I think about it...I like it...

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/var...g-to-roll-in-for-la-salles-vance-jackson.html

Reaction Score
Interesting. Saw his team play once this year vs La Verne Lutheran. Lutheran totally handled La Salle (Jackson's team) and this is a down year for Lutheran; they lost Grant Jarrett to UAz, starting PG (Brian Beard) transferred to Orange Lutheran, their coach (Eric Cooper) moved to St Anthony's of Long Beach and the ex-coach's son as well (2014 or 2013? Eric Jr., another UAz commit).

Jackson made several nice moves to the basket (when his guards could get him the ball), but Lutheran's interior players (especially Class of 2014 F Joe Rushing) dominated La Salle's interior. He showed good, but not great athleticism, but he is young, only a Frosh. Rushing, OTOH, is very very strong and very active (...but probably not tall enough for high D1), and a difficult assignment for a frosh to guard . Jackson looked like a very good HS player (...and is only a freshman). I've seen him listed as a guard, but he is definitely a forward...not a guard. He could be a great find if he grows and develops. Definitely not at Stanley Johnson's level (even when Stanley was a Frosh), but the more I think about it...I like it...

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/var...g-to-roll-in-for-la-salles-vance-jackson.html
One of the recruiting sites had him listed as a SG and maybe that will be his position. At 6'5" he could play SF if the other 2 frontcourt players have size.

Reaction Score
One of the recruiting sites had him listed as a SG and maybe that will be his position. At 6'5" he could play SF if the other 2 frontcourt players have size.
He's 6'7" now.

Reaction Score
Here's an interview/video about him. He mentions UConn as offering him.

Reaction Score
this is the kid that said UConn was his favorite, correct?

Reaction Score
I like this kid. Like that he's not content with a 3.4 GPA. We need more kids like this. Really like that he's 6'7" and looks versatile and he's probably 14 or 15. Maybe this could be another Anthony David who grows to 6'11" and has guard abilities.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Looks like he has a good head on his shoulders and great potential.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Sounds like a guy who's seriously considering us. Been tweeting a bunch of positive stuff including never doubt my huskies. Think dham has been in his ear? 3, tcf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom