SF Justin Jackson (picks Maryland) | Page 21 | The Boneyard

SF Justin Jackson (picks Maryland)

Status
Not open for further replies.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
"Without doing any research or learning anything at all, I've decided that they do something ridiculous and indefensible, which is terrible."
When Vital committed 4 or 5 "insiders" changed their picks at the last second. It does happen.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
When Vital committed 4 or 5 "insiders" changed their picks at the last second. It does happen.
But as I found out, they don't get credit for that switch. There is a rating score given to the members based on the length of time of the prediction prior to the commitment. Jerry Meyers is second to Corey Evans in that category and if you go to the site you will see a lot of predictions on his part which were not made last minute by any stretch of the imagination. Which is why his switch has some potential value. On the other hand several members are probably doing minimal contact work.

No matter what, "it ain't over until it's over". These "insider" predictions from members of this forum and from any site, are never 100%. As people like to point out JC believed he had Bill Curley only to hear the next day Curley went to BC. That's the most insider of insiders who got it wrong.

So take all these predictions with a grain of salt because recruiting is fluid and we are dealing with 18 year olds. Recruiting is not for weenies. It's a roller coaster thrill ride. If people hate disappointment they should avoid these recruiting threads and just wait until the announcements are made. And if posters can't develop a pair (with apologies to the gals in this site) they should never blame the people with ears to the ground if they get it wrong.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
But as I found out, they don't get credit for that switch. There is a rating score given to the members based on the length of time of the prediction prior to the commitment. Jerry Meyers is second to Corey Evans in that category and if you go to the site you will see a lot of predictions on his part which were not made last minute by any stretch of the imagination. Which is why his switch has some potential value. On the other hand several members are probably doing minimal contact work.

No matter what, "it ain't over until it's over". These "insider" predictions from members of this forum and from any site, are never 100%. As people like to point out JC believed he had Bill Curley only to hear the next day Curley went to BC. That's the most insider of insiders who got it wrong.

So take all these predictions with a grain of salt because recruiting is fluid and we are dealing with 18 year olds. Recruiting is not for weenies. It's a roller coaster thrill ride. If people hate disappointment they should avoid these recruiting threads and just wait until the announcements are made. And if posters can't develop a pair (with apologies to the gals in this site) they should never blame the people with ears to the ground if they get it wrong.
Yeah I understand that they get no points, but Bruce was insinuating that there's no way the insiders would do that and that the claims that they did were unsubstantiated.

Reaction Score

Bill Curley, that guy, who could forget him.

Reaction Score
Based on the below we should be hearing something by tomorrow.

End of NCAA's Late Signing Period quickly approaching and six are still on the board

signining.JPG

Reaction Score
Yeah, I wouldn't assume anything until he says what his timeline is.

Reaction Score
Forgive me, I can't tell if you're serious or facetious. But, I know we continued to beat BC during his reign, can't recall if he was part of breaking the 18 or so game streak we had of destroying them. But, I'll never forget him helping BC beat that UNC team in the tourney! One heck of a player on mostly bad teams.

Reaction Score
Excuse the ignorance, but what exactly is the purpose of a "signing period"? So if JJ doesn't sign by tomorrow, can't he just notify UConn next week that he is committing and still get a schollie and be on the team come the Fall? Does it imply that contact with school/coach must cease?

Reaction Score
Excuse the ignorance, but what exactly is the purpose of a "signing period"? So if JJ doesn't sign by tomorrow, can't he just notify UConn next week that he is committing and still get a schollie and be on the team come the Fall? Does it imply that contact with school/coach must cease?
Yes, he can just notify the school any time before school starts if he wants to come here. When you're good enough to have multiple options you don't really need to sign a LOI, but it is good protection against things like injury, or if you have a dream school and want to make sure you have a scholarship there.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The end of the signing period really doesn't mean anything - he can get a grant in any time that would actually be better for him.

The end of the signing period really only signifies the end of the national letter of intent program for the year

Reaction Score
Forgive me, I can't tell if you're serious or facetious. But, I know we continued to beat BC during his reign, can't recall if he was part of breaking the 18 or so game streak we had of destroying them. But, I'll never forget him helping BC beat that UNC team in the tourney! One heck of a player on mostly bad teams.

I'm too lazy to look it up but weren't those Billy Curley BC teams actually pretty good? We dominated the ballz off them during that time but they weren't slouches back then IIRC.

Reaction Score
As a Canadian who will receive financial assistance/scholarship it may not be as easy as just advising the school he is coming. He still may need to apply for a F1 visa and show the school is financially supporting him. I could be wrong but I don't think this is entirely the same situation as d ham.

Reaction Score
I'm too lazy to look it up but weren't those Billy Curley BC teams actually pretty good? We dominated the ballz off them during that time but they weren't slouches back then IIRC.
The first couple or few years, I think, were pretty bad. By his senior year, they were either an 8 or 9 seed when they upset a really good UNC team. Might even have been the same UNC team that blew out UConn after UConn opened with an 18-0 start.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
The first couple or few years, I think, were pretty bad. By his senior year, they were either an 8 or 9 seed when they upset a really good UNC team. Might even have been the same UNC team that blew out UConn after UConn opened with an 18-0 start.
11-19, 17-14, 18-13, then 23-11. That team his senior year with him, Howard Eisley, Malcolm Huckaby and Danya Abrams was pretty legit.

Reaction Score

Nah, UNC leads us head to head but we won the only true blowout of that series. BC upset UNC in 1994. I remember Dean Smith complaining afterwards that Danya Abrams was a meanie. You're probably thinking of Kansas blowing us out when we were on the verge of being #1 in 1995.

Reaction Score
Nah, UNC leads us head to head but we won the only true blowout of that series. BC upset UNC in 1994. I remember Dean Smith complaining afterwards that Danya Abrams was a meanie. You're probably thinking of Kansas blowing us out when we were on the verge of being #1 in 1995.
I think we were number one ,but I can't trust my memory anymore.

The echo of Over-Rated ,Over-Rated still ring in my ear ,that's something you don't forget.

Reaction Score
I'd swear it got higher than the 13-1 listed in here, but, I must be wrong. This has to be the game I'm thinking of, b/c I recall it being Big East/ACC challenge. Tar Heels Stop UConn But Big East Wins, 6-2

Reaction Score
So I'm way off on which season it was - I just remember being happy to see BC do so well against that UNC team.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
A bit OT but my favorite BC sub was Rich Shrigley who used to come off the bench in the Dr. Tom Davis famous "Chinese Fire Drill"
mass substitutions and jump and down waving his arms back and forth while jumping up and down and the announcers said he looked like a windmill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom