SF Justin Jackson (picks Maryland) | Page 22 | The Boneyard

SF Justin Jackson (picks Maryland)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Is there anyway to hit a dislike so I don't have to reply to this stupid crap about BC on a Justin Jackson recruiting thread?
Synopsis: JJ is not going to UNLV (coaching change). He's looking at Maryland, UConn and Oregon. He's taken official visits to those schools in that order with Oregon being this past weekend.

Jerry Meyer switched his crystal ball pick from Maryland to UConn. I've learned that there is some value to crystal ball picks with Jerry Meyer,Corey Evans, and Andrew Slater having some cred. The rest are probably garbage.

The people in this forum with decent contacts believe UConn is in good shape. But recruiting is fluid, these kids are young, so take things with a grain of salt. I started the Curly thing (which led to BC) to demonstrate that even the most insider of insiders (JC) got hit with this mantra.

There is nothing knew to concern yourself regarding JJ. Don't bother with this thread. Just wait until you see a post that says JJ going to ___________ and you can save yourself a lot of time. The filler you see in these threads are just things people choose to post to interact and socialize while waiting for the announcement.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Synopsis: JJ is not going to UNLV (coaching change). He's looking at Maryland, UConn and Oregon. He's taken official visits to those schools in that order with Oregon being this past weekend.

Jerry Meyer switched his crystal ball pick from Maryland to UConn. I've learned that there is some value to crystal ball picks with Jerry Meyer and Corey Evans having some cred. The rest are probably garbage.

The people in this forum with decent contacts believe UConn is in good shape. But recruiting is fluid, these kids are young, so take things with a grain of salt. I started the Curly thing (which led to BC) to demonstrate that even the most insider of insiders (JC) got hit with this mantra.

There is nothing knew to concern yourself regarding JJ. Don't bother with this thread. Just wait until you see a post that says JJ going to ___________ and you can save yourself a lot of time. The filler you see in these threads are just things people choose to post to interact and socialize while waiting for the announcement.

Sooooo.............where's he going!?

ctchamps

Reaction Score
^^^^^^^^^^
AMAZING
Outside of some great mix tapes of this kid there is nothing else to this recruiting thread. The same can be applied to all recruiting threads.

The pattern has been established for years now. Some excessively large percentage of posts in recruiting threads are tangents or not pertinent.

People come to these forums for many reasons. Some to lurk. Some to contribute. Those that choose to express themselves have different styles and different interests. Some posters are serious, some posters are silly, some are both. Some stay on topic, some go on tangents. This is a diverse community with diverse ideas how things should be set up.

In spite of this being apparent and pretty much consistent year in and year out (well I think it's apparent and consistent) there seems to be people who either don't recognize this or do recognize this but insist that someone change the format. That's code for make this place something that I want and/or need. For all the dissing of the women's forum, I believe they have a beige format that some of the posters in the men's forum would prefer.

Personally I find elements of both forums good and bad. In this forum there is a lot of male smack talk. In the women's forum the posts are polite. In this forum, the topics are seldom on topic and often hijacked by people who go after one another. In the women's forum there are less tangents just because people don't go after one anther the way they do here (As you know there are some posters in that forum who are uncomfortable with that format).

I personally can do without most of the need for people to attack players or posters that takes place here. Its juvenile imo. But the women's forum goes to the other extreme. I come away with the impression it's fake. When Tennessee and Pat Summitt went after Geno and UConn, I felt I observed the real nature of people in that forum. But that's subjective and even if accurate, I have no right to impose my preferences on them. I know I'm sounding judgmental in all of this, but the truth of the matter is no forum can be all things to all people. My philosophy is that we have a right to tell others what we think, but zero right to insist they conform to our way of thinking.

These forums are communities. And like all communities there are times when individuals won't have their particular needs met. Tom (@temery) represents someone I admire. He's gone to a lot of effort to set up this site and did so with only a modicum of interest in sports. His actions have been spectacularly unselfish. I wish the many dissatisfied people in these forums would understand the altruistic nature of this act and learn to at least develop some modicum of accommodation to one another even if they can't offer the altruistic effort that temery blessed us all with by creating these forums.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Sooooo...where's he going!?
Looking good for UConn which is different than saying he's definitely heading our way. What's your emotional temperament? I like getting excited about a potentially upcoming positive outcome before it happens. Sure I'll get disappointed if it doesn't happen. And I'll have to get over it. So what? If it works out I've had lots of time getting pleasure before the event. Kind of like foreplay.

Reaction Score
Outside of some great mix tapes of this kid there is nothing else to this recruiting thread. The same can be applied to all recruiting threads.

The pattern has been established for years now. Some excessively large percentage of posts in recruiting threads are tangents or not pertinent.

People come to these forums for many reasons. Some to lurk. Some to contribute. Those that choose to express themselves have different styles and different interests. Some posters are serious, some posters are silly, some are both. Some stay on topic, some go on tangents. This is a diverse community with diverse ideas how things should be set up.

In spite of this being apparent and pretty much consistent year in and year out (well I think it's apparent and consistent) there seems to be people who either don't recognize this or do recognize this but insist that someone change the format. That's code for make this place something that I want and/or need. For all the dissing of the women's forum, I believe they have a beige format that some of the posters in the men's forum would prefer.

Personally I find elements of both forums good and bad. In this forum there is a lot of male smack talk. In the women's forum the posts are polite. In this forum, the topics are seldom on topic and often hijacked by people who go after one another. In the women's forum there are less tangents just because people don't go after one anther the way they do here (As you know there are some posters in that forum who are uncomfortable with that format).

I personally can do without most of the need for people to attack players or posters that takes place here. Its juvenile imo. But the women's forum goes to the other extreme. I come away with the impression it's fake. When Tennessee and Pat Summitt went after Geno and UConn, I felt I observed the real nature of people in that forum. But that's subjective and even if accurate, I have no right to impose my preferences on them. I know I'm sounding judgmental in all of this, but the truth of the matter is no forum can be all things to all people. My philosophy is that we have a right to tell others what we think, but zero right to insist they conform to our way of thinking.

These forums are communities. And like all communities there are times when individuals won't have their particular needs met. Tom (@temery) represents someone I admire. He's gone to a lot of effort to set up this site and did so with only a modicum of interest in sports. His actions have been spectacularly unselfish. I wish the many dissatisfied people in these forums would understand the altruistic nature of this act and learn to at least develop some modicum of accommodation to one another even if they can't offer the altruistic effort that temery blessed us all with by creating these forums.
I think this forum is wonderful, really amazing, great stuff.

I think most if not all posters are extremely knowledgeable to not only Uconn Men's Basketball, but all sports in general.

Not that I agree with each posters opinion, but that's the fun of it, to see other posters point of view and to conversate about topics.

Thank you Tom for all that you do, really amazing, the day goes by much quicker with this phenomenal forum.

Only been a member for about a year now, but I really appreciate everything that you do, thanks again for all the hard work.

Reaction Score
Looking good for UConn which is different than saying he's definitely heading our way. What's your emotional temperament? I like getting excited about a potentially upcoming positive outcome before it happens. Sure I'll get disappointed if it doesn't happen. And I'll have to get over it. So what? If it works out I've had lots of time getting pleasure before the event. Kind of like foreplay.
This analogy coming from one of our female Yarders would be a pleasant turn on. From you, not so much. :)

ctchamps

Reaction Score
This analogy coming from one of our female Yarders would be a pleasant turn on. From you, not so much. :)
Why it's not from a female?
If and when you take up the dating scene again Dog, it might have a new meaning for you. Just get a list from mau and a few of the other posters in this forum for females to avoid if you don't want crabs.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I think this forum is wonderful, really amazing, great stuff.

I think most if not all posters are extremely knowledgeable to not only Uconn Men's Basketball, but all sports in general.

Not that I agree with each posters opinion, but that's the fun of it, to see other posters point of view and to conversate about topics.

Thank you Tom for all that you do, really amazing, the day goes by much quicker with this phenomenal forum.

Only been a member for about a year now, but I really appreciate everything that you do, thanks again for all the hard work.
There are several people besides Tom who have put their heart and soul into the what has become the Boneyard. I don't want to exclude them. But they have an interest in UConn sports. Tom has helped out and has almost no interest. That's highly unusual. Maybe @tcf15 or @Fishy can dig up the post that describes the history of this forum.

Reaction Score
There are several people besides Tom who have put their heart and soul into the what has become the Boneyard. I don't want to exclude them. But they have an interest in UConn sports. Tom has helped out and has almost no interest. That's highly unusual. Maybe @tcf15 or @Fishy can dig up the post that describes the history of this forum.

Nan

Reaction Score
Really interesting stuff, you all who have come up with the forum and edit and work on it should be really proud, you all really put together a fantastic site. One of my favorite sites on the web.

Much appreciated..

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Really interesting stuff, you all who have come up with the forum and edit and work on it should be really proud, you all really put together a fantastic site. One of my favorite sites on the web.

Much appreciated..

Not your favorite site ?

Reaction Score
Not your favorite site ?
I would say my favorite, although I didn't run an analysis, I would think its the site I go to the most often.

Just to think that I was going to the site for a whole year without being able to post because I had trouble getting membership.

So yea Favorite.

Reaction Score
If and when you take up the dating scene again Dog, it might have a new meaning for you. Just get a list from mau and a few of the other posters in this forum for females to avoid if you don't want crabs.
This is going down a dangerous path that I dare not go.

Reaction Score
A bit OT but my favorite BC sub was Rich Shrigley who used to come off the bench in the Dr. Tom Davis famous "Chinese Fire Drill"
mass substitutions and jump and down waving his arms back and forth while jumping up and down and the announcers said he looked like a windmill.

Shrigley (the nephew of Norm Sloan, who coached the David Thompson led NC State championship team) did start at least his senior year. Never saw anyone feed the low post from a Lower angle than Shrigley did. He would almost roll the ball down low.

Reaction Score
Shrigley (the nephew of Norm Sloan, who coached the David Thompson led NC State championship team) did start at least his senior year. Never saw anyone feed the low post from a Lower angle than Shrigley did. He would almost roll the ball down low.
He's not related to Matt right? The guy out at San Diego St.?

Reaction Score

yeah and I think Dr Tom liked that "rolled" bounce pass must've taught it that way as all of his teams like Iowa also were the same. Shrigs was a good dude met him a few times when I went to visit Murph and my football buddy up there.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
This is going down a dangerous path that I dare not go.
The dating scene or the crabs? Anyways the thread on things that would make you shriek like a little girl was the reference for the crabs. Man do I hope JJ announces soon!

Reaction Score
yeah and I think Dr Tom liked that "rolled" bounce pass must've taught it that way as all of his teams like Iowa also were the same. Shrigs was a good dude met him a few times when I went to visit Murph and my football buddy up there.

No question but that Dr. Tom taught the bounce pass that way. All his players used a low angle. Shrigley's thought you had to see to believe.

No idea if he's related to the young man at San Diego State.

FWIW, I loved the Dr. Tom teams at BC. I had just moved to Connecticut for college, and while I started rooting for UConn didn't dislike BC yet (and loved the way Dr. Tom maximized talent).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom