SF Justin Jackson (picks Maryland) | Page 20 | The Boneyard

SF Justin Jackson (picks Maryland)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Yeah and it's a false premise to start with since Oriakhi hardly ever played the four here, save for some trial-and-error alongside Drummond.
Plus UNC just made the final with a rotation of Johnson, Meeks & Hicks at the 4/5. Traditional big-man ball isn't dead if you have the right pieces.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I'd argue the traditional big man game is more relevant in college today than it is in the NBA. NBA size in the frontcourt has been shown to give teams major problems at this level, we as UConn fans should know this better than almost everyone.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I'd argue the traditional big man game is more relevant in college today than it is in the NBA. NBA size in the frontcourt has been shown to give teams major problems at this level, we as UConn fans should know this better than almost everyone.
Yup. I think one of KO's problems is that, at times, he coaches too much like it's an NBA game and not quite enough like it's a college game.

That said, we won in 2014 playing 4-out. So if you've got the pieces to do it, it can & will work.

Reaction Score
"Maryland sources saying things look good on their end, UCONN sources saying things look good on their end, Oregon sources saying things look good on their end. Connect the dots."
The Oregon insider posted this on their message board about Jackson. Thought it was interesting but I put a lot of faith in our guys.

Reaction Score
"Maryland sources saying things look good on their end, UCONN sources saying things look good on their end, Oregon sources saying things look good on their end. Connect the dots."
The Oregon insider posted this on their message board about Jackson. Thought it was interesting but I put a lot of faith in our guys.

Our sources > their sources

caw

Reaction Score
Pretty sure Maryland sources are not saying things look good on their end.

Reaction Score
Yup. I think one of KO's problems is that, at times, he coaches too much like it's an NBA game and not quite enough like it's a college game.

That said, we won in 2014 playing 4-out. So if you've got the pieces to do it, it can & will work.

Actually, that's one aspect of KO's style I appreciate -- the willingness to go with our best personnel in a small lineup. We won a championship in 2014 not just playing 4-out, but 5-out, like Golden State's lineup with Draymond Green at the 5. (Look through the highlights and see how few of them involve a traditional big man -- most of our success came with Daniels at the 4 and Giffey at the 5.)

The opposite was one of the problems I had with Calhoun late in his tenure. He was so stubborn and obsessed with size he would trot out these immobile, under-skilled, over-sized lineups that couldn't do anything on offense. Seriously, watch the Iowa State game in 2012, if you can stomach it, where we started Roscoe at the 3, Oriakhi at the 4, and Drummond at the 5, and predictably it was a disaster.

When you have big men with skill, you can play a traditional PF alongside a traditional center (e.g. Okafor and Boone, Adrien and Thabeet). But KO has learned not to force that square peg into a round hole when the bigs aren't good enough.

Reaction Score
Well? Anything yet? Going back to bed then. Back in 20..

Attachments

• images (3).jpg
    images (3).jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 38
Reaction Score

He's not suggesting that the dots connect to Oregon based on that, is he?

caw

Reaction Score
He's not suggesting that the dots connect to Oregon based on that, is he?

I'll tell you why I find 247 guys and their CBs a bit iffy. I remember seeing a guy saying the team he wrote for was the leader for one player and they would likely get the player. Everyone else predicted another team. About an hour before the player announced he changed his pick to cloudy. Always felt the guy was trying to just push content. Not saying the Oregon guy does that, but they do have a vested interest.

Reaction Score
Then those dots shouldn't be connected. His dot knowledge is lacking. Don't trust this guy with your dots.

Reaction Score
I've got it!

He's discovered that "Justin Jackson" is actually secretly triplets who all share the same name. We're getting one each!

Reaction Score
I've got it!

He's discovered that "Justin Jackson" is actually secretly triplets who all share the same name. We're getting one each!

There's already enough Justin Jackson's (this one, the UNC one, the Cincy one from a couple years ago, and Wake Forest had a LB named Justin Jackson a couple years back). We don't need two others. Let's just wrap this one up!

AtlHusky

Let's go outside our minds and play
Reaction Score
My theory is the statement: "Maryland sources saying things look good on their end, UCONN sources saying things look good on their end, Oregon sources saying things look good on their end. Connect the dots."

fell victim to a voice text that was good up until the last sentence and should have read: "Maryland sources saying things look good on their end, UCONN sources saying things look good on their end, Oregon sources saying things look good on their end. Connecticut."

Reaction Score
I'll tell you why I find 247 guys and their CBs a bit iffy. I remember seeing a guy saying the team he wrote for was the leader for one player and they would likely get the player. Everyone else predicted another team. About an hour before the player announced he changed his pick to cloudy. Always felt the guy was trying to just push content. Not saying the Oregon guy does that, but they do have a vested interest.

Do they allow the crystal ball voters to change their votes after the recruit announces his verbal commitment? I hope they don't so people can get an idea of how accurate they are. I have a feeling that they give them a little time to change their votes before they lock it down which is complete BS.

Reaction Score
Do they allow the crystal ball voters to change their votes after the recruit announces his verbal commitment? I hope they don't so people can get an idea of how accurate they are. I have a feeling that they give them a little time to change their votes before they lock it down which is complete BS.

"Without doing any research or learning anything at all, I've decided that they do something ridiculous and indefensible, which is terrible."

Reaction Score

Based on what happened with Christian Vital, yes people can try to do that, and they received zero points in the system for their "correct" guesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom