SF Alpha Diallo (UConn Offer) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

SF Alpha Diallo (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I would tend to doubt it, but maybe. I think it's more that he was a luxury we can now afford with Cassell transferring, and the staff thinks it will help seal the deal with Hamidou.

What's their relation?

Reaction Score
It has always seemed like Diallo was waiting for us to offer him. Glad we did. Like @CallMeBruce said, at bare minimum it helps us land Hami too.

He's got a nice mid range game and can do a little bit of everything. He isn't exactly the backup ball handler we need, but he can play the 2 and have great size at that position. He fits the mold of a classic overachiever.

An added bonus is that VCU is after him, and so we get to read hilarious fans like this:
image.png

Last edited:

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
If DHam leaves, I'll lump him in with Rudy Gay and Andre Drummond as my least impactful all-time Huskies.

Reaction Score
Saw him once thought he was the best overall player on the court, and that day he scored too. He did it all, pass, rebound, push the ball and score it. Has nice potential for sure.

Reaction Score
Rather have a top 100 Diallo over the 2 JUCO students we're looking at. All about adding best available players. Add Diallo and Vital and 2016 is set.

Reaction Score
DHam isn't going anywhere, tcf was just feeling a little drama queenie. I like Alpha Diallo, kid can play. Also as Bruce pointed out, it can't hurt in locking down Hamidou.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
If this offer came before SCJ announced his transferring then that might have sounded the alrms on DHam or Rodney but with this offer coming soon after another scholly opening up then the timing is right and there shouldn't be anything to see here.

We were keeping tabs on him for awhile so now that we have that extra ship to dole out, why not?

Reaction Score
DHam isn't going anywhere, tcf was just feeling a little drama queenie. I like Alpha Diallo, kid can play. Also as Bruce pointed out, it can't hurt in locking down Hamidou.
lol not trying to be a drama queen. Just don't think we would offer a 6'7" SF to replace Sam Cassell, Jr. The offer for Christian Vital takes care of that one. It wouldn't shock me if DHam stays in the draft, and UConn needs to plan accordingly.

Reaction Score
lol not trying to be a drama queen. Just don't think we would offer a 6'7" SF to replace Sam Cassell, Jr. The offer for Christian Vital takes care of that one. It wouldn't shock me if DHam stays in the draft, and UConn needs to plan accordingly.

That's certainly possible, but I feel like they have an open scholarship, and he's a good player they feel confident they can get. They'll still need another guard next year, but Diallo gives them an athletic wing with a number of skills, and hopefully makes UConn a little more appealing to Hamidou.

Reaction Score
Has Hamidou said anything about potentially playing with Alpha? Family members don't always end up playing together, and some might seek out a place where they can start fresh. Obviously Hamilton isn't at any of the schools his brothers went to.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
If DHam leaves, I'll lump him in with Rudy Gay and Andre Drummond as my least impactful all-time Huskies.
Really? He was the MOP in our conference championship run and had one of the best statistical seasons in the history of UConn basketball. Get real dude.

Reaction Score
Really? He was the MOP in our conference championship run and had one of the best statistical seasons in the history of UConn basketball. Get real dude.

I don't know if I'd go that far. His statistics include shooting 39% from the floor and committing a lot of turnovers, too.

Reaction Score
We have two open scholarships, I would be absolutely shocked if Hamilton left. He's not on the NBA's radar and he has too much going for him to throw his future away like that with an incredibly dumb decision. His brother has been through the process before and Ollie is very connected to the league, they would steer him clear of making a boneheaded decision.

Reaction Score
This would be a decent pick up but I was hoping more for a guard. Diallo is a SF and at SF we already have Hamilton, Larrier, and Vance. I hope he can play some SG.

Reaction Score
This would be a decent pick up but I was hoping more for a guard. Diallo is a SF and at SF we already have Hamilton, Larrier, and Vance. I hope he can play some SG.
DHam, and Larrier can play the stretch 4. Especially in the AAC.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Since this is the current topic of discussion, I want to go on record that I think one of Brimah, Hamilton or Purvis will declare (prematurely) this off season and leave for the pros. I hope not, but that's my gut feeling. This year's draft is pretty weak outside the top 10 so lots of guys may sneak into the first round that normally wouldn't. It's hard to turn down the allure of the guarenteed millions that come with the first round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom