SF Alpha Diallo (UConn Offer) | The Boneyard

SF Alpha Diallo (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It's not a heck of a lot to go on, but a Denver Post article this morning mentions UConn interest in the kid.

By midsummer, it was game on. Against a national power New Orleans Elite team in July, his 14 points, six rebounds and three steals helped lead the Hawks to an upset.

"I feel like everything started to shape up at the end," Diallo said. "I wanted to get noticed. I didn't want to take anything for granted after basketball was taken away from me. It's what motivated me. It made me want it even more. It was really tough, going through a whole season not playing."

Coaches at midmajor colleges already had Diallo on their radar, hoping he would go overlooked. But that plan was ruined. He's getting attention from elite programs such as UConn and Texas, Williams said.

He's a 6'7" small forward - now ranked #92 in the class of 2016 by ESPN.

Diallo has that prototypical Division I frame with extraordinary length. He has the physical tools to be a high-major finesse 4-man due to his evolving ball skills and athleticism. In transition he can slash his way to the rim or pull-up and nail the mid-range jump shot. In the half court set he can get into the triple threat position and take his defender off the dribble due to his quick 1st step. In addition, he showed improved passing skills as he dropped off a few impressive passes.

And the obligatory mixtape with an insanely annoying repetitive soundtrack.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Diallo is a really big VCU target. They would absolutely lose their s hit if we swooped in and stole him last minute

No Shaka, no VCU (likely).

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Watched an Addidas Nations game and in the second half he played Alpha to Hamidou's omega. Can't find the thread regarding that game (most of us turned it on to watch Hamidou and Wenyen) but came away wishing we were recruiting Alpha.

It's good to know we are.

ctchamps

Reaction Score

That's the game. He just took over the second half. Not sure about his outside shooting and there are players who can drive to the basket better than he does, but he was determined not to lose that game.

Reaction Score
fleudslipcon said:
That music was terrific. Thanks for the link.
When I first saw this post I thought you meant Alpha's mixtape's soundtrack...

Reaction Score
This kid was the best overall basketball player on the court that game. I was wondering who he was, he was very good in many aspects of the game.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
He was a bit of a ballhog that game. Had teammates with open looks that he shunned a few times. Nice skill set and length though.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
He was a bit of a ballhog that game. Had teammates with open looks that he shunned a few times. Nice skill set and length though.
He went KWalker in the second half after being pretty much a team player in the first half. His team mates appeared to really appreciate it.

Reaction Score
He threw a great 3/4 court skip pass to HD that was impressive if my memory serves me correctly.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Can Yaya play? Be a nice get.
get-yer-ya-yas-out-600x600.jpg

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

He did.

But I think you can generally overlook that - picture a kid who hasn't gotten much exposure suddenly feeling like he's auditioning for a scholarship and you understand why he might try to keep the ball in his hands more often than he normally would.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
He did.

But I think you can generally overlook that - picture a kid who hasn't gotten much exposure suddenly feeling like he's auditioning for a scholarship and you understand why he might try to keep the ball in his hands more often than he normally would.
Yeah that's a good point. I was happy for him, but that was my knock on his game. Clearly put himself in a much better place though going forward.

Reaction Score
From that tape, an interesting prospect. Sort of a crafty, not-overly-athletic wing player, but with excellent ball skill.

Basically an extremely poor persons Paul Pierce? I'll take that.

Reaction Score
A couple words we use carefully here since Mr Harris brought his kid, but he has the ability to potentially be a "point forward" with his skills and that's always nice to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom